First Prev
of 2
Next Last
mac dishman

East Bernstadt, KY

#1 Nov 8, 2012
well you people should be proud you wanted romney to win k.y. well he did he just wasnt good enough to win the states even obama beat romney from his own home state.now suck it up women cared obama 67percent.you people are really silly every person in ky can vote romney or elvis or timbuckto.but the states are mostly democrats.so unless you vote demo you cant win.........
geysher

East Bernstadt, KY

#2 Nov 8, 2012
mac dishman wrote:
well you people should be proud you wanted romney to win k.y. well he did he just wasnt good enough to win the states even obama beat romney from his own home state.now suck it up women cared obama 67percent.you people are really silly every person in ky can vote romney or elvis or timbuckto.but the states are mostly democrats.so unless you vote demo you cant win.........
romney should have won

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#3 Nov 8, 2012
mac dishman wrote:
well you people should be proud you wanted romney to win k.y. well he did he just wasnt good enough to win the states even obama beat romney from his own home state.now suck it up women cared obama 67percent.you people are really silly every person in ky can vote romney or elvis or timbuckto.but the states are mostly democrats.so unless you vote demo you cant win.........
Put Americans back to work! Obama supporters need you.(Welfare doesn't run on air you know.)
AMERICA

Sheridan, AR

#4 Nov 8, 2012
As Yogi Berra once said, "brother, you haven't seen nutting yet!!"
Raul Duke

Manchester, KY

#5 Nov 8, 2012
Wings of a Dove wrote:
<quoted text>Put Americans back to work! Obama supporters need you.(Welfare doesn't run on air you know.)
It's funny how much people rag on welfare for the poor while ignoring corporate welfare.

“pervinco per logica”

Since: Feb 12

Eradicate willful ignorance.

#6 Nov 8, 2012
Raul Duke wrote:
<quoted text>
It's funny how much people rag on welfare for the poor while ignoring corporate welfare.
Why don't you know that, as a relatively poor person living in southeast KY, you should hate giving money to people who need it and love giving money to people with hundreds of millions or billions?

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#7 Nov 9, 2012
Raul Duke wrote:
<quoted text>
It's funny how much people rag on welfare for the poor while ignoring corporate welfare.
What do you honestly think we can do about corporate welfare? Promises and deals are made under the table that we the public know nothing of. The lobbyists push till they get what they want. Corporate tax breaks, grants, you name it. The piper has to be paid sooner or later. Is it any wonder social welfare for the poor is dwindling? That money goes back to "political friends" via favors and tax cuts. It has to be made up for some way. That way is cuts to the poor, medicaid, medicare etc. Do we believe the big guys donate all that campaign money just because they like the man? They expect big returns on their "investments". They wait for their corporate welfare to come in, the same as the poor wait for their social insurance checks. Politicians don't renege on their promises either. They know better.

“pervinco per logica”

Since: Feb 12

Eradicate willful ignorance.

#8 Nov 9, 2012
Wings of a Dove wrote:
<quoted text>What do you honestly think we can do about corporate welfare? Promises and deals are made under the table that we the public know nothing of. The lobbyists push till they get what they want. Corporate tax breaks, grants, you name it. The piper has to be paid sooner or later. Is it any wonder social welfare for the poor is dwindling? That money goes back to "political friends" via favors and tax cuts. It has to be made up for some way. That way is cuts to the poor, medicaid, medicare etc. Do we believe the big guys donate all that campaign money just because they like the man? They expect big returns on their "investments". They wait for their corporate welfare to come in, the same as the poor wait for their social insurance checks. Politicians don't renege on their promises either. They know better.
If you believe all of this, WHY would you vote for Romney? Or, really, almost anyone in the two party system?
hmmm

Manchester, KY

#9 Nov 9, 2012
I voted for Sir Dudley Doright! He won by 2 votes! Hes the man! And Im proud I voted for him! Oh by the way he was running for fart smelling king!lmao!!
Raul Duke

Manchester, KY

#10 Nov 9, 2012
Wings of a Dove wrote:
<quoted text>What do you honestly think we can do about corporate welfare? Promises and deals are made under the table that we the public know nothing of. The lobbyists push till they get what they want. Corporate tax breaks, grants, you name it. The piper has to be paid sooner or later. Is it any wonder social welfare for the poor is dwindling? That money goes back to "political friends" via favors and tax cuts. It has to be made up for some way. That way is cuts to the poor, medicaid, medicare etc. Do we believe the big guys donate all that campaign money just because they like the man? They expect big returns on their "investments". They wait for their corporate welfare to come in, the same as the poor wait for their social insurance checks. Politicians don't renege on their promises either. They know better.
I suppose the point is that it is aggravating to see so much attention on thriveless issues while bigger ones are outright ignored. Also the defeatist attitude towards this issues, as you have displayed, is also aggravating.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#11 Nov 9, 2012
Raul Duke wrote:
<quoted text>
I suppose the point is that it is aggravating to see so much attention on thriveless issues while bigger ones are outright ignored. Also the defeatist attitude towards this issues, as you have displayed, is also aggravating.
Forget it ...here we go again.. Stay freakin agravated for all I care! Have you done anything to stop it lately? Ain't talkin to no more as*ses.

“Expect the unexpected”

Since: Dec 09

Or maybe not

#12 Nov 9, 2012
Raul Duke wrote:
<quoted text>
I suppose the point is that it is aggravating to see so much attention on thriveless issues while bigger ones are outright ignored. Also the defeatist attitude towards this issues, as you have displayed, is also aggravating.
The fact of the matter is, the main stream media won the obamanation another term. At every turn they blatantly harped over Romney's missteps, while they ignored if not outright covered up Barry O's. How about Benghazi? After debate 2 it was discovered that Barry did NOT call it terrorism for 14 days. Yet the obamites bought the lie of the biased media.
And now it comes out that Barry O's plan for the next 4 yrs includes .... wait for it .... a tax increase on the middle class! WOW! What a surprise. Now we know one of the reasons his plans were never revealed. Yet the media harped on Romney for not giving out his plan.
The question was raised- If you are offered free stuff with one hand, and jobs in the other, which hand is the majority gonna take?
I was not a big Romney fan, but I felt he had the better plan. If you voted for the obamanation, then at least you'll be suffering along with the rest of us.

“Expect the unexpected”

Since: Dec 09

Or maybe not

#13 Nov 9, 2012
From the New York Times
Americans’ taxes will rise in a few weeks. Though the direction is clear, the exact amount is yet to be determined.
More than a dozen tax cuts are set to expire Dec. 31 and a couple of new taxes are scheduled to start with the new year. Combined, they would affect nearly 90 percent of taxpayers, from the very richest to the very poorest, with the typical household’s tax bill rising by about $2,000 in 2013, according to the nonpartisan Tax Policy Center. Taxes on one-percenters would rise an average of $121,000.
On Tuesday, Congress will reopen discussions about how to deal with the combination of spending cuts and tax increases looming at year-end, and maybe even dip a toe into a broader tax overhaul.
“It would be bad for the economy and it would hit families that are already struggling to make ends meet,” President Obama said on Friday of the scheduled increases in taxes.“While there may be disagreement in Congress over whether or not to raise taxes on folks making over $250,000 a year, nobody — not Republicans, not Democrats — want taxes to go up for folks making under $250,000 a year.”
While legislators are expected to try to reverse or temper many of the scheduled tax increases, at least a few appear to be a certainty. Accountants and tax lawyers are expecting a flurry of frantic calls in the last few weeks of this year as clients rearrange their affairs to minimize the blow.
“I don’t expect to have any respite from now till the end of the year,” said Robert Willens, the president of his tax and accounting practice in New York.“Clients are very concerned and kind of confused about what to do, whether they should be taking any affirmative steps or waiting to see what happens.”
INCREASES YOU SHOULD EXPECT At least two categories of tax increases are widely expected to materialize in some form.
A payroll tax cut given in the 2011 and 2012 calendar years — intended as a temporary stimulus — is set to expire, and so far both Democrats and Republicans seem ready to let that happen, although there could be some provision made to ease the pain for the lowest earners.
The lapsing payroll tax cut affects everyone who works, or about three-quarters of all tax filers. A household in the middle quintile, roughly between $40,000 and $65,000, can expect its taxes to rise by an average of $672 next year, while a household in the top quintile, being paid more than $108,000, will pay an average of $1,950 more, according to the Tax Policy Center.
With the re-election of President Obama, the taxes imposed by his health care overhaul will also almost certainly remain.
Starting in 2013, high-income Americans will pay an additional tax of 0.9 percent on their earnings above $250,000 if they are married and above $200,000 if filing singly. These households will also pay an additional 3.8 percent on capital gains, dividend and interest income over those same thresholds. The average household in the top income quintile — the group of Americans most likely to be hit by these new taxes — will owe an additional $1,141.
TAX CHANGES OBAMA WANTS The fate of the other scheduled tax increases is less clear. Mr. Obama has advocated for some of them, but the Republicans, who control Congress, have opposed them.
In particular, Mr. Obama wants to let lapse the lower rates begun in the Bush era on income, capital gains and dividends for higher earners, whom he has defined as those earning more than $250,000 for married couples and $200,000 for others.
These tax rates were previously set to expire at the end of 2010, but were extended for two years. Letting them expire at the end of this year would raise an additional $52 billion in 2013.
Allowing the income tax rates for high earners to lapse means that, for married couples, income over $397,000 would be taxed at 39.6 percent instead of the current 35 percent, and that income from $222,300 to $397,000 would be taxed at 36 percent instead of the current 33 percent.
.

“Expect the unexpected”

Since: Dec 09

Or maybe not

#14 Nov 9, 2012
Continued

For those in the top income quintile, these provisions would raise their tax liability by an average of $2,282 next year. The top 1 percent of tax filers would owe an additional $45,002.

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#15 Nov 9, 2012
Pibbstraa wrote:
<quoted text>The fact of the matter is, the main stream media won the obamanation another term. At every turn they blatantly harped over Romney's missteps, while they ignored if not outright covered up Barry O's. How about Benghazi? After debate 2 it was discovered that Barry did NOT call it terrorism for 14 days. Yet the obamites bought the lie of the biased media.
And now it comes out that Barry O's plan for the next 4 yrs includes .... wait for it .... a tax increase on the middle class! WOW! What a surprise. Now we know one of the reasons his plans were never revealed. Yet the media harped on Romney for not giving out his plan.
The question was raised- If you are offered free stuff with one hand, and jobs in the other, which hand is the majority gonna take?
I was not a big Romney fan, but I felt he had the better plan. If you voted for the obamanation, then at least you'll be suffering along with the rest of us.
Amazing. Didn't this just shock everyone (sarcasm intended). Just like the first time he was unclear about his plans but promised change. Now he promises "forward". I imagine most Americans want to move forward, but once all these plans are manifest, they may find Obama is moving in a different direction than they thought. Backwards to me.

“pervinco per logica”

Since: Feb 12

Eradicate willful ignorance.

#16 Nov 9, 2012
I would expect a bit more rationality here (as odd as that sounds).
Please read these and think about them. I'm all for calling a spade a spade, but that's not what's happening here.
1. Benghazi. I'm sorry. I know I'm not a Republican or Democrat, but I simply don't see how it's sane to look at the unfortunate loss of those lives for essentially nothing and pretend that it's bad in light of the loss of one thousand times as many lives in two wars over the last 10 years for essentially nothing. The government has always and WILL ALWAYS spin embarrassing incidents to make them look less embarrassing. And the political opponents of the ones in charge will always try to get some mileage out of them.
To be clear, I agree that there were mistakes made up to a moderately high level, and that everyone tried to spin it. But if it's an issue, it's about .1% of an issue to me when compared to the lives of thousands our service members we've lost (and continue to lose) over there.

2. "Tax increase on the middle class".
Sorry, what? WHY do you people buy this? You think that Obama is sitting there with a grinch grin on his face, wringing his hands, thinking about all the taxes he's going to raise on the middle class? That this is his "tax plan" that was never exposed prior to election?
ROFLMAO at the stupidity.

Listen carefully. You know that Republican controlled House of Representatives we've had for the last couple years? Yeah, they write bills. Then they vote on them. Same for the Senate. When they both agree to a bill, and ONLY then, it goes up to the President. Then he signs it into law or vetos it.
So... this "fiscal cliff" that you keep hearing about. Did Obama do that? NO. The ONLY way for ANY policy to go into effect is to get it through the REPUBLICAN CONTROLLED HOUSE. That's it. This particular piece of legislature did so LONG ago. This isn't some Obama post-election trick.

And really, all this finger pointing over things that your entire government has already agreed upon makes me think the NOBODY understands the legislative process or checks and balances. It sounds idiotic. Stop saying it.

Where we are now is that all of these temporary tax reductions put into place a while back are set to expire. A few more tax increases that were long ago planned to go into effect will go into effect. You want to know why this is a big deal? Because the tax reductions that are lapsing will primarily increase taxes on the rich. They aren't happy. Neither is Rupert Murdoch.

The REAL Democrat plan is, IMO, to push for a deal now to return upper tax brackets to paying more appropriate tax percentages while providing tax relief for the middle class. Chances are, the Republicans will not agree to "raise taxes" (and by raise taxes, I mean revert the always intended to be temporary tax cuts for the rich). And they will then force all of the tax cuts to expire (slightly impacting all) and cry and point fingers at Obama.

There is a silver lining. Once we fly off the "fiscal cliff", the first legislative sessions will allow introductions of tax cuts ONLY for the lower/middle class. The Democrats will be pushing for this. If it happens, watch. The Republicans will be pushing for tax cuts for the upper class, and that will bog down the process just as it has for the last 4 years. Remember who you voted for. I don't agree with the stupid policies of either party, but it is abundantly clear who is representing who.

“Expect the unexpected”

Since: Dec 09

Or maybe not

#17 Nov 9, 2012
_Ummm_ wrote:
I would expect a bit more rationality here (as odd as that sounds).
Please read these and think about them. I'm all for calling a spade a spade, but that's not what's happening here.
1. Benghazi. I'm sorry. I know I'm not a Republican or Democrat, but I simply don't see how it's sane to look at the unfortunate loss of those lives for essentially nothing and pretend that it's bad in light of the loss of one thousand times as many lives in two wars over the last 10 years for essentially nothing. The government has always and WILL ALWAYS spin embarrassing incidents to make them look less embarrassing. And the political opponents of the ones in charge will always try to get some mileage out of them.
To be clear, I agree that there were mistakes made up to a moderately high level, and that everyone tried to spin it. But if it's an issue, it's about .1% of an issue to me when compared to the lives of thousands our service members we've lost (and continue to lose) over there.
2. "Tax increase on the middle class".
Sorry, what? WHY do you people buy this? You think that Obama is sitting there with a grinch grin on his face, wringing his hands, thinking about all the taxes he's going to raise on the middle class? That this is his "tax plan" that was never exposed prior to election?
ROFLMAO at the stupidity.
Listen carefully. You know that Republican controlled House of Representatives we've had for the last couple years? Yeah, they write bills. Then they vote on them. Same for the Senate. When they both agree to a bill, and ONLY then, it goes up to the President. Then he signs it into law or vetos it.
So... this "fiscal cliff" that you keep hearing about. Did Obama do that? NO. The ONLY way for ANY policy to go into effect is to get it through the REPUBLICAN CONTROLLED HOUSE. That's it. This particular piece of legislature did so LONG ago. This isn't some Obama post-election trick.
And really, all this finger pointing over things that your entire government has already agreed upon makes me think the NOBODY understands the legislative process or checks and balances. It sounds idiotic. Stop saying it.
Where we are now is that all of these temporary tax reductions put into place a while back are set to expire. A few more tax increases that were long ago planned to go into effect will go into effect. You want to know why this is a big deal? Because the tax reductions that are lapsing will primarily increase taxes on the rich. They aren't happy. Neither is Rupert Murdoch.
The REAL Democrat plan is, IMO, to push for a deal now to return upper tax brackets to paying more appropriate tax percentages while providing tax relief for the middle class. Chances are, the Republicans will not agree to "raise taxes" (and by raise taxes, I mean revert the always intended to be temporary tax cuts for the rich). And they will then force all of the tax cuts to expire (slightly impacting all) and cry and point fingers at Obama.
There is a silver lining. Once we fly off the "fiscal cliff", the first legislative sessions will allow introductions of tax cuts ONLY for the lower/middle class. The Democrats will be pushing for this. If it happens, watch. The Republicans will be pushing for tax cuts for the upper class, and that will bog down the process just as it has for the last 4 years. Remember who you voted for. I don't agree with the stupid policies of either party, but it is abundantly clear who is representing who.
I'm just stating what was in the Times today. That much of what is gonna happen next was never brought to light by EITHER campaign.

“pervinco per logica”

Since: Feb 12

Eradicate willful ignorance.

#18 Nov 9, 2012
Pibbstraa wrote:
<quoted text>I'm just stating what was in the Times today. That much of what is gonna happen next was never brought to light by EITHER campaign.
I've known about it for over a year. Since August of 2011, actually, when it was passed. It was all over C-Span and covered by the real media.
Raul Duke

Manchester, KY

#19 Nov 9, 2012
Pibbstraa wrote:
<quoted text>How about Benghazi? After debate 2 it was discovered that Barry did NOT call it terrorism for 14 days. Yet the obamites bought the lie of the biased media.
This is a perfect example of a thriveless issue. I never understood the big deal of this.

There's nothing surprising about the New York Times article if you payed attention at all to the campaigns this year with an objectionable mindset. The Bush tax cuts expiring has been talked to death and Obama has many times outlined a policy increasing taxes on individuals making $250,000 or more a year. By the way, from what I understand, the proposed changes still do not put the individuals in this tax bracket paying the same percentage of taxes as most Americans. Which has been significantly less since the Reagan administration.
whoa 1

London, KY

#20 Nov 10, 2012
Obama will someway push his policies through and get what he wants. he will get a tax change someway even if he has to write an executive order. just the tone of his voice indicates to me that he has "won" and will take this country down the tubes in the next 4 years. I think that many are starting to see this already even before he begins his 2nd term. Obama won his election due to his govt assistance programs and cell phones and those are the main ones who want him for president. On the other hand I hope that he will run this country in a fair manner for all people but I really have my doubts. Only time will tell what will really happen. Good luck to us all.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monticello Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Darryl S 36 min amanda 3
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 8 hr stray-cat 132,163
What's open? Thu old fart 1
When does new jailer take over Dec 23 Maury 22
Question for the city police. Dec 23 pretty boy 6
Gas fireplace repair (Oct '12) Dec 21 roger 8
Your own comments are pushing your post to the... Dec 20 Charlie 2
Monticello Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Monticello People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Monticello News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Monticello

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 4:00 am PST

Bleacher Report 4:00AM
Bengals Complete Week 17 Preview vs. Steelers
NBC Sports 4:25 AM
Andy Dalton returns to practice, but other Bengals still sick
NBC Sports 8:25 AM
A.J. Green present at Cincinnati's Friday practice
Bleacher Report10:03 AM
Eifert out for Season After Having Recent Shoulder Surgery
ESPN11:57 AM
Bengals TE Eifert will not return this season