Our justice system
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
somebody

London, KY

#1 Jul 18, 2012
I was at the court house today and over heard a conversation that shocked me a 12 year old boy had 3 felony charges against him one of which was assault with a deadly weapon and he got a slap on the wrist and we all wonder what is wrong with kids these days well there u have it these kids are not held responsible for their actions now when he gets older and kills someone everyone will wonder why he was not punished for this horrible crime when he was younger
Truth

Sheridan, AR

#2 Jul 18, 2012
The commonwealth attonery is a joke!!!! He is not going to push anything that might cause him a little stress. The county attonery is just as bad, I would say its all about the money the heck with morals or ethics.
rufus

London, KY

#3 Jul 18, 2012
Well I say the commonwealths attry and county attry do the best they can with what they have to work with. Give it a rest...
ok ok

Somerset, KY

#4 Jul 18, 2012
sounds to me like the kid should have been sent away to reform school to hopefully be rehabed. lots of kids today know they can do lots of things that are bad and "get away" with it. lets get tougher on these kids.
Truth

Sheridan, AR

#5 Jul 18, 2012
Give it a rest? No I will not!! How hard is it to try a meth case, when the people are observed making it/ possibly recorded/taped. Not that hard, yet our commonwealth attn. puts most of the meth makers on probation. Come on, people!! He is a joke!!
lmao

Somerset, KY

#6 Jul 18, 2012
somebody wrote:
I was at the court house today and over heard a conversation that shocked me a 12 year old boy had 3 felony charges against him one of which was assault with a deadly weapon and he got a slap on the wrist and we all wonder what is wrong with kids these days well there u have it these kids are not held responsible for their actions now when he gets older and kills someone everyone will wonder why he was not punished for this horrible crime when he was younger
Yeah they should have gave that 12 year old the chair.
somebody

London, KY

#7 Jul 18, 2012
lmao wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah they should have gave that 12 year old the chair.
Look [email protected] I am not saying give him the chair but if he is already getting a slap on the wrist what do u think he will be like in 5 years what if it was ur kid or someone that u knew that he assaulted with a deadly weapon I bet u would have plenty to say it is people like u that make this county crap
lmao

London, KY

#8 Jul 18, 2012
It's a 12 year old kid. To be treated as an "adult", he would have to be at least 14 years of age in the state of Kentucky. Your argument is irrelevant.
here now

Sheridan, AR

#9 Jul 19, 2012
Truth wrote:
Give it a rest? No I will not!! How hard is it to try a meth case, when the people are observed making it/ possibly recorded/taped. Not that hard, yet our commonwealth attn. puts most of the meth makers on probation. Come on, people!! He is a joke!!
Wayne County has a "Kangaroo Court" system. The prosecuting attys.
& trial lawyers are too lazy to try a case in court because it takes book work. So, instead they plea-bargain everything out. No wonder our county is sinking each & everyday....A JOKE!!!!
Einstien

Jamestown, KY

#10 Jul 19, 2012
here now wrote:
<quoted text>
Wayne County has a "Kangaroo Court" system. The prosecuting attys.
& trial lawyers are too lazy to try a case in court because it takes book work. So, instead they plea-bargain everything out. No wonder our county is sinking each & everyday....A JOKE!!!!
Brilliant reasoning, if more criminal cases are tried the economy will recover and we will all be on easy street.
No Brainer

London, KY

#12 Jul 21, 2012
At some point the message must be sent to criminals, you do the crime and you will do the time. There is nothing to fear in the court system so they can do whatever they wont because they know they will not be punished. If you are worried about the economy give them their constitutional right and give them a fast and speedy trial. Don't continue each case down the road for a year or two years. That will have to save some money. Our economy will never recover for the majority if the county is infested with drugs, period. I know the lawyers and court system have job security by having a drug problem and it makes me sick, Einstien from Russell Springs!!!
well

London, KY

#13 Jul 22, 2012
rufus wrote:
Well I say the commonwealths attry and county attry do the best they can with what they have to work with. Give it a rest...
that dont make no sense.
mountain man

London, KY

#14 Jul 22, 2012
maybe if parents where held accountable for their kids we would'nt have this problem, their is not one thing wrong with a good a$$ whipping, all older people grow up with them.
Hummm

Mount Vernon, KY

#15 Jul 23, 2012
Einstien wrote:
<quoted text>
Brilliant reasoning, if more criminal cases are tried the economy will recover and we will all be on easy street.
If you had a co. atty. and a cw atty who would try cases we would be on easy street. Has Co. Atty ever tried a case? Go look at his record,f he pleas everything out.....time for an election, can't wait.
No No Brainer

Jamestown, KY

#16 Aug 2, 2012
No Brainer wrote:
At some point the message must be sent to criminals, you do the crime and you will do the time. There is nothing to fear in the court system so they can do whatever they wont because they know they will not be punished. If you are worried about the economy give them their constitutional right and give them a fast and speedy trial. Don't continue each case down the road for a year or two years. That will have to save some money. Our economy will never recover for the majority if the county is infested with drugs, period. I know the lawyers and court system have job security by having a drug problem and it makes me sick, Einstien from Russell Springs!!!
buy a 1000 acres of cheap stripmine land, set out 5000 cardboard boxes and put out of date drugs in bowls in front of the boxes every morning, crime will disappear quick, then you can sell the jail and shut the courthouse down. problem solved. anything else is mental masturbation of a weak mind, which should be prosecuted as a crime.
shuturcorksucker

London, KY

#20 Aug 8, 2012
Mr. Leveridge is one of the best commonwealths attry since mr. Bertram. Sounds like he may have gave you some jail time. Get a life and quit bashing our elected officals.
i happen

London, KY

#22 Aug 12, 2012
judy wrote:
The man is nuts , he has throwed cases out thar they should of been ,thrown in jail for he has no one on his side ,believe me and no hes so dishonest !
To know Mr. Leveridge and he is a fine Christian. Please stop with all the negative comments. He has many many friends just because he doesnt call criminals friends doesnt mean he doesnt have many people that stand beside him!!!
I guess

London, KY

#23 Aug 17, 2012
for a town of our size, & controlled by the few, I guess it's the best that we can expect
lol

East Bernstadt, KY

#24 Aug 21, 2012
I guess wrote:
for a town of our size, & controlled by the few, I guess it's the best that we can expect
well said
12 year old

Bowling Green, KY

#25 Aug 23, 2012
somebody wrote:
hey noisy.
over heard a conversation that shocked me a 12 year old boy had 3 felony charges against him one of which was assault with a deadly weapon
this is not any your business,i have rights ,i only 12 ..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monticello Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
City Taxes and Services to INCREASE 15 hr harley davidson 25
Does size really matter? 17 hr south texas schoo... 59
Sad Times 18 hr just saying 9
Virginia Gibson 18 hr Appalled 4
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 20 hr ChromiuMan 148,102
Obama free phones. Who gets one ? Thu thankful 7
Rent in Monticello Thu cricketdawn 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Monticello Mortgages