Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Courier-Journal

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Comments
84,441 - 84,460 of 130,550 Comments Last updated 5 hrs ago

“There is no god.”

Since: Jan 12

USA

#88125 Oct 6, 2012
SATAN_64 wrote:
<quoted text>Which one? There were many.
According to stories written thousands of years Before the Book of Holes was conceived, there were multiple Gods. Yes, they had a leader, but his name was not Yahweh, Allah, or Jehovah.
Answer this one question, If Adam and Eve were alone in Eden, and according to the Book of Holes, had NO contact with anyone, other than a loud voice making demands, How did they realize they were naked after eating from the tree of knowledge?
Was it magic?
"Which one?"

I have ask that question twice, it is scared to answer for some reason.

“There is no god”

Since: Jul 12

War, WV

#88126 Oct 6, 2012
SATAN_64 wrote:
<quoted text>Which one? There were many.
According to stories written thousands of years Before the Book of Holes was conceived, there were multiple Gods. Yes, they had a leader, but his name was not Yahweh, Allah, or Jehovah.
Answer this one question, If Adam and Eve were alone in Eden, and according to the Book of Holes, had NO contact with anyone, other than a loud voice making demands, How did they realize they were naked after eating from the tree of knowledge?
Was it magic?
If they where naked before how is nudity evil and a sin now?

“Walk With Me In Hell”

Since: Nov 11

Hell, Norway

#88127 Oct 6, 2012
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>If they where naked before how is nudity evil and a sin now?
Don`t know, but I do know that with some people, its really helpful that they can`t go around naked around me in public.

Some people look much better with clothes ON!

“There is no god”

War, WV

#88128 Oct 6, 2012
SATAN_64 wrote:
<quoted text>Don`t know, but I do know that with some people, its really helpful that they can`t go around naked around me in public.
Some people look much better with clothes ON!
I fit in to that category.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#88129 Oct 6, 2012
defender wrote:
<quoted text>
The overwhelming mathematical impossibility of life ever forming from Abiogenesis is only the first of many problems for the goofiness... Just the tip of the iceberg... Play it down all you wish...
In your version of non-emergent abiogenisis a chunk of iron pyrite will spontaneously leap up and become an Eiffel Tower. You are conceptually blinded; your rules and expectations on the origins of life are closely connected with your other fantasies.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#88130 Oct 6, 2012
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>If they where naked before how is nudity evil and a sin now?
If you saw my neighbors you wouldn't have to ask

“See how you are?”

Earth

#88131 Oct 6, 2012
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>You forget early scientists like Newton were God fearing Christians, and only wanted to know more about God, and how He does things!
It is only the spirit of anti-Christ that injected the idea of God not being real, and set out to prove it with science!
Science cannot prove God does not exist, and has been proven to
skew data to turn others towards a Godless world view!
Like Hawking saying that because 'time' did not begain until the BB, God could not have been!
That's garbage reasoning!
Scientists for years have concluded that there is more than one universe... there is!
Not a bunch like they want... just one other...
The Spirit world!
Your body is a Complex machine...
Designed only to carry your spirit in this realm...
How it looks, and feels, has Nothing to do
with were your spirit belongs... your choices do!
Entirely irrelevant. No branch of science wastes time attempting to prove that God and/or Satan do not exist - there is NOTHING to test. There is no evidence that ANY supernatural entity has ever existed. There is no proof that Creation as the Bible outlines it ever happened. There is no proof that it rained for 40 days and nights and flooded the globe. There is no evidence that a fish can swallow a man and that he will remain unharmed for three days. There is no proof that an Egyptian army tried to march across the Red Sea bed. There is no proof that snakes and donkeys are or ever have been physically capable of forming speech.
If scientific data is constantly and methodically skewed and falsely manipulated by anyone, it is by religious nutballs and their lemmings.

“Walk With Me In Hell”

Hell, Norway

#88132 Oct 6, 2012
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Entirely irrelevant. No branch of science wastes time attempting to prove that God and/or Satan do not exist - there is NOTHING to test. There is no evidence that ANY supernatural entity has ever existed. There is no proof that Creation as the Bible outlines it ever happened. There is no proof that it rained for 40 days and nights and flooded the globe. There is no evidence that a fish can swallow a man and that he will remain unharmed for three days. There is no proof that an Egyptian army tried to march across the Red Sea bed. There is no proof that snakes and donkeys are or ever have been physically capable of forming speech.
If scientific data is constantly and methodically skewed and falsely manipulated by anyone, it is by religious nutballs and their lemmings.
HEY! No Satan?

"pinches self"

Ouch! Pretty sure i`m here......

“I'll think about it.”

Since: Nov 07

central Florida

#88133 Oct 6, 2012
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>I fit in to that category.
Someday I hope you and Satan_64 will realize that a person is NOT the skin she/he wears.

Physical desire is an initial response of the body but lasting love, true respect, and caring friendship all come from qualities which are within.

We would all be healthier and more honest if there were no clothes.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#88134 Oct 6, 2012
aWitchintheWoods wrote:
<quoted text>
Someday I hope you and Satan_64 will realize that a person is NOT the skin she/he wears.
Physical desire is an initial response of the body but lasting love, true respect, and caring friendship all come from qualities which are within.
Healthier? Try welding or shoveling snow naked. Clothes make people dishonest? There might be a point that religious repression and self-loathing go together... and those high dollar televangelists wear some pretty pricey suits. There are lots of people whose whole wardrobe doesn't cost as much as one pair of Benny Hinn's shoes.

“Walk With Me In Hell”

Hell, Norway

#88135 Oct 6, 2012
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Healthier? Try welding or shoveling snow naked. Clothes make people dishonest? There might be a point that religious repression and self-loathing go together... and those high dollar televangelists wear some pretty pricey suits. There are lots of people whose whole wardrobe doesn't cost as much as one pair of Benny Hinn's shoes.
Benny Hinn, ROTF! I watched that idiot "heal" a woman in a wheelchair at one of his sermons. That same woman in a red dress WALKED into the convention center without the wheelchair of her own free will.

Sometimes, i am too observant.

“Walk With Me In Hell”

Hell, Norway

#88136 Oct 6, 2012
aWitchintheWoods wrote:
<quoted text>
Did this make sense to you, before you hit post comment?

Trying to find the connection with my post.
MGrams

Waconia, MN

#88138 Oct 6, 2012
defender wrote:
<quoted text>
The answer to your question is a question... Why do so many believe in the first place?... If a person prays to God they call them a fundie... If one claims to hear back they call them crazy... One thing holds true- People don't do anything unless they get something from it so why not do alittle experimenting and find out? Lol... Careful though you might not like what you find...
I believe that many believe because they need guidance in life, something to help them live the life in a way that they feel they do not sin or make mistakes. Experts claim that religion was such a big part of society in the past years that it would cause problems if taken away. It is kind of a holding point for leaders. You are asked to give money, work for free, as well as other things that in the end benefit only a single person the preacher for setting it all up. If he can make you believe that giving your money to the church is the best thing many do and some dont. To me religion is nothng more than a tool to gain control over others.

I did experiment with my little riddle. I asked 3 college professors (1 psychologist, 1 religion expert, and 1 english) the same question and they could not answer and only stated that it was a good question. So now ask a psychiatrist the same thing and he may think you are crazy because his view is of the mind and religion is of spirit.

In the end as I say we cannot prove or disprove existance or god or evolution therefore one should be skeptical about just believing what they are told. I could tell you that I have a stone that was givento me by saint michael and some may believe it if they are into god real deep while others my realize I have a brother named michael that we call saint michael because he thinks he is aboe others. But no matter what in the end we should not be mixing religion in the schools or in politics. This country wanted to get away from being rued by the church and the ones who want to be ruled by it need to go to a country where religion is the ruler because most americans dontwantthe church involved.
MGrams

Waconia, MN

#88139 Oct 6, 2012
Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>
I appreciate what you're saying here but I would totally disagree that belief in God and acceptance of evolution are equivalent. One takes faith - meaning it requires no reason, no evidence. The other is a position you come to by reason after examining evidence. It is a matter of provisional trust of an idea that, so far, has tremendous explanatory power.
BIG difference.
I do agree there are many unanswered questions but I base my decisions on evidence. Even though we can explain the theory of evolution or change somewhat it is still more than someone saying that god created mankind. I would rather believe that a monkey came from another solar system or planet and we evolved from that or that we were just some organism that god mixed together to form a human. We cannot and will not ever know for sure how mankind was created therefore religion should be treated the same as evolution...science = religion and evolution until there is proof in my opinon. Besides I bet you there are more people who attend church to keep up their reputation in the community than ones who actually believe. I met quite a few in the cc area that drank, swore, screwed, and even stole monday thru saturday but on sunday they were in church believing with the rest.
MGrams

Waconia, MN

#88140 Oct 6, 2012
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey I am mark from the bible so give me some money for a new house and cadillac. Thanks mark...and yes I am real.

Now if I could play that one of I would be wearing some nice suits and benny hinn shoes too. I definately agree that something isnt right in the religion world when money is inolved. I dont see how a morman can give all there hard earned money to the church like they do.
Creation

Winchester, KY

#88141 Oct 6, 2012
LOL in a suit wrote:
<quoted text>
Very christian of you with the name calling, I remember a post from you earlier where you said, atheist did that, wow, what a revelation, lol. Anyway, I never said I "believe" in evolution, as an atheist I am not required to "believe" in anything, atheism has no rules, no leaders, no gold lined halls, no book, and no hate for your god, one can not hate what does not exist. I have already used the best crayon joke. But you may try a different insult like a good, nice and loving christian that you seem to be, lol.
You are correct I should not have called people names. Sorry but my moral compass was forgotten for a bit. Although if I were an Atheist that would be perfectly okay right?

“Question, Explore, Discover”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#88142 Oct 6, 2012
defender wrote:
<quoted text>
By far one of the silliest arguments for Evolution ever... And now your going to call it nature?... Getting a little close to Wicca there aren't ya bud?... Please tell me you have something better than sinus cavities to present... Lol... Really?
Nature is what you see around you. It's what science is all about. I fail to see the joke in referring to it as "wiccan".

I posted a list of questions a while back. My intention was to show you and others that Creationists simply DO NOT answer questions about real problems in "design". They like to repeat 50 year old arguments from people who do not know what they are talking about but they do not like to actually engage in the real discussion.

Sinuses are just one tiny example.

Your maxillary sinus cavities drain into your nasal cavity by tiny little openings that can swell shut or get blocked very easily. This is why people with allergies tend to have a lot of sinus problems.

Imagine designing a tank of some kind that you know is going to fill up with some kind of liquid periodically and will need to be drained. If you or I were designing something like that we'd probably put the drain on the bottom and let gravity do the work. But your maxillary sinus cavity is not designed that way in a human or ape.

But for an animal walking on four legs the cavity is oriented with the opening facing down...which IS a decent design.

If evolution is false why do humans and apes have sinus cavities that appear to be left over from earlier species that walked on all fours? Why do we not have sinus cavities that drain at the bottom?

If you look at this question from the perspective of evolution it makes sense. We evolved FROM earlier species and the sinus cavity simply did not change very much when we started walking upright. There hasn't been enough time or environmental pressures to force such a change. We survive just fine with crappy sinuses.

But they are still crappy.

Why?

“Question, Explore, Discover”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#88143 Oct 6, 2012
MGrams wrote:
<quoted text>
I do agree there are many unanswered questions but I base my decisions on evidence. Even though we can explain the theory of evolution or change somewhat it is still more than someone saying that god created mankind. I would rather believe that a monkey came from another solar system or planet and we evolved from that or that we were just some organism that god mixed together to form a human. We cannot and will not ever know for sure how mankind was created therefore religion should be treated the same as evolution...science = religion and evolution until there is proof in my opinon. Besides I bet you there are more people who attend church to keep up their reputation in the community than ones who actually believe. I met quite a few in the cc area that drank, swore, screwed, and even stole monday thru saturday but on sunday they were in church believing with the rest.
I'm not sure I made my point very well. People do not come to believe in God by reason, they do so by faith. In fact, if you are a Protestant, it is really supposed to be faith ALONE. Nothing else.

But for a person who actually comprehends science and accepts it provisionally faith is not in the picture. I trust that evolution is a good theory because of it's mountainous evidence. Sure, it could some day be supplanted by an even better theory. That is how science proceeds. But right now it is the undisputed champion of explaining nature.

That is absolutely NOTHING like religion. You see what I mean? You come to each thing from a very different perspective. You require no evidence to believe in God, but you require tons of evidence to accept a scientific theory.

There is no way to falsify God. But falsifying a scientific theory is very easy or else it is not a good theory.

Anyway, I understand your point. I don't want to drag the argument out. I totally agree that a science proponent can certainly act like a religious nut. When you defend a position with passion it really is something akin to religion, though the route to get there and the reason for maintaining the fight are utterly, unequivocally not the same.
Creation

Winchester, KY

#88144 Oct 6, 2012
Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>
Nature is what you see around you. It's what science is all about. I fail to see the joke in referring to it as "wiccan".
I posted a list of questions a while back. My intention was to show you and others that Creationists simply DO NOT answer questions about real problems in "design". They like to repeat 50 year old arguments from people who do not know what they are talking about but they do not like to actually engage in the real discussion.
Sinuses are just one tiny example.
Your maxillary sinus cavities drain into your nasal cavity by tiny little openings that can swell shut or get blocked very easily. This is why people with allergies tend to have a lot of sinus problems.
Imagine designing a tank of some kind that you know is going to fill up with some kind of liquid periodically and will need to be drained. If you or I were designing something like that we'd probably put the drain on the bottom and let gravity do the work. But your maxillary sinus cavity is not designed that way in a human or ape.
But for an animal walking on four legs the cavity is oriented with the opening facing down...which IS a decent design.
If evolution is false why do humans and apes have sinus cavities that appear to be left over from earlier species that walked on all fours? Why do we not have sinus cavities that drain at the bottom?
If you look at this question from the perspective of evolution it makes sense. We evolved FROM earlier species and the sinus cavity simply did not change very much when we started walking upright. There hasn't been enough time or environmental pressures to force such a change. We survive just fine with crappy sinuses.
But they are still crappy.
Why?
Why do we have eyes? almost all creatures have eyes, why haven't they changed much from when we were monkeys? This proves evolution, how could I have missed this all these years?
Yes and Amen

Winchester, KY

#88145 Oct 7, 2012
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>You forgot that early scientist where murdered by the christian cult and lived in fear of speaking out about truths like the earth is not flat, the stars are distant suns not angels, the sun does not revolve around the earth. Easy to keep some one from questioning your absurd myths if you just murder them
Uh...
Excuse me?
You are confusing Catholosism with True Christianity...
You might want to study up a bit... just so you
don't sound as stupid as you do!
Ignorance is curable!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monticello Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 9 min well 1,584
Kindergartener Leaves School 18 min no thanks 38
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 3 hr Cornelius Scudmister 151,291
Will Anyone Be Indicted? 16 hr Whoa 1 14
KY Woman's head stepped on by Rand Paul supporters (Oct '10) Fri Advertisment 26,226
grand jury (Nov '11) Fri jsa 17
KY Paul vs Conway: The Nastiest Debate Of 2010 | T... (Oct '10) Aug 28 Reality 16,145
•••

Flash Flood Watch for Wayne County was issued at August 30 at 8:24PM EDT

•••
•••
•••

Monticello Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Monticello People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE