Bible study rules for public schools ...

Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 163782 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

Yes and Amen

Macon, GA

#83618 Jul 26, 2012
Stupid-ppl wrote:
55.Heb 11:6: And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him.
If you honestly do not want to find him he will not find you...and as far as proving to you he is real and wanting a sign it's called "Faith" the woman in the streets had so much faith that she said if she could just touch a tasile on his robe she would be healed and Jesus felt the power moved from him and she was healed.
There will be generations that come wanting a sign and they will not get it.!
Great post!
MirrorMan

Muskegon, MI

#83619 Jul 26, 2012
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Just as today... "Did God really say that...."
Gen 1:1 In the Beginning, God created the Heavens, and the earth!
It is here, we are here... Observational Science Proves God's word!
At some point God would have had to give a history lesson to Adam and Eve so that they would know what went on in the first 6 days, yet he did not want them to eat from the tree of knowledge?
Yes and Amen

Macon, GA

#83620 Jul 26, 2012
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>Honesty! Thank you for reaching deep down and admitting truth.
This topic is about teaching the bible in school, I have demonstrated that the people who teach the bible are in question because of the millions of rapes that have been committed by SOME of the people that have been teachers of the bible.
I have demonstrated that there are many parts of the bible that the christians can not agree on or do not want to discuss.
And I have demonstrated that if your god does indeed exist he is so evil that the best thing humans could do would be to hunt him down and kill him.
HOLY? How can you call "worship me or I will make you suffer for ever" as being HOLY? That sounds more like a spoiled 5 year old to me.
Wrong!
Faith

Shepherdsville, KY

#83621 Jul 26, 2012
Seems like every other religion has freedom of religion except for Christianity. This country was founded on Christian beliefs. Our Congress once voted to pass out Bibles. Our founding fathers were Christians. This nation needs to return to being a Christian nation. The decline in our nation is directly related to our government turning its back on God. Until that changes things will continue to get worse.
juggalo

Lexington, SC

#83622 Jul 26, 2012
Faith wrote:
Seems like every other religion has freedom of religion except for Christianity. This country was founded on Christian beliefs. Our Congress once voted to pass out Bibles. Our founding fathers were Christians. This nation needs to return to being a Christian nation. The decline in our nation is directly related to our government turning its back on God. Until that changes things will continue to get worse.
Can you give any examples ,or comparisons to back any of this ? dates , time periods , anything ?
trusted

New Haven, KY

#83623 Jul 26, 2012
here is a good place to look
monumental - in search of americas treasure(great show) with Kirk Cameron , from his words.

I turn on the news looking for answers, but all I hear is noise. Everyone is pointing their finger at the Left or the Right when, frankly, neither side seems to get it. Time is flying by too quickly for petty arguments. My children’s future won’t wait. I’ve got to do something now.

Here’s my hunch: Could it be that we have simply forgotten what made us such a great nation in the first place? So many people are waiting around for our leaders to come up with a grand plan to save our nation. But is that really how America got started? What if things actually work the other way around? What if real change doesn’t start at the top but at the bottom? What if the best place to begin transforming our country is not the Oval Office but the dinner table?

Monumental is my journey to find answers to these questions. I’m retracing the footsteps of our Founders from England to America in the hope of discovering our true “national treasure.” I want to listen to them, to learn from them. Because I suspect our Forefathers knew we were a forgetful people, that someday we would lose our way as a nation. So they left us a map that would guide us back to the source of America’s success
MirrorMan

Muskegon, MI

#83625 Jul 26, 2012
Faith wrote:
There are 450,000 churches in the US. As you illustrate, most of them are short on knowledge of things outside of their One and Only Textbook..

Just because a politician or corporate leader goes to one of those FOUR HUNDRED AND FIFTY THOUSAND churches does not mean he is ethically pure or morally straight.
In part, the decline in our nation is the rest of the world recovering from having multiple millions of tons of bombs dropped on it.
In part, its the result of a widespread lack of personal life skills.
In part, its greed allowing the wealthy to harvest the S&Ls, junk bonds and corporations, investment and retirement accounts, war profits, mortgages....
MirrorMan

Muskegon, MI

#83626 Jul 26, 2012
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>When you explain falsehoods... it's still wrong!
It's not mental incapacity that is the problem on our side!
And when you explain truthhoods... they still call it wrong!

It's not mental incapacity that is the problem, it is that the religious shun their mental capacity. Their primary motivation is emotional, and they do not want to risk deflating it with barbs of reason.

Satanic Priest

“There is no god”

Since: Jul 12

War, WV

#83627 Jul 26, 2012
Yes and Amen wrote:
I might also add...
Many use God's name to insite people to do WRONG things, as Jesus taught to LOVE your enemies...
So, I guess God had Nothing to do with it!
Buy a Clue, or look ignorant!
You should read your bible. Your Jesus called the non Jewish people dogs, love is only for the Jewish

Satanic Priest

“There is no god”

War, WV

#83628 Jul 26, 2012
Faith wrote:
Not allowing you to violate some ones rights does not infringe on your rights. Your rights stop where my childs rights begin.
Our founding fathers where NOT christians and America was founded with the idea of protecting people from the christian cult.

Satanic Priest

“There is no god”

War, WV

#83629 Jul 26, 2012
If you want to live in a country where religion is the law move to Iran, America was founded on personal freedom The exact opposite of christian values

Satanic Priest

“There is no god”

War, WV

#83630 Jul 26, 2012
From reading the post of the christian cult members I have changed my stance.
Not only must they not be allowed near children they must be kept from having pets as well
MirrorMan

Muskegon, MI

#83631 Jul 26, 2012
The Bible wrote:
<quoted text>
"Mirrorman, I have even heard of thee, that the spirit of the gods is in thee, and that light and understanding and excellent wisdom is found in thee."
Gee, thanks.

Satanic Priest

“There is no god”

War, WV

#83632 Jul 26, 2012
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Just as today... "Did God really say that...."
Gen 1:1 In the Beginning, God created the Heavens, and the earth!
It is here, we are here... Observational Science Proves God's word!
In Marvel comics # 14 it says Superman is from Krypton.....

The bible also says that the heavens separate the waters because the goat herders thought that is what surrounded the flat earth.
So how come god got that one wrong? Why didn't god know the earth was round?
And scientific observation has not found any thing floating above the clouds.....

Satanic Priest

“There is no god”

War, WV

#83633 Jul 26, 2012
If the fable of the christian cults god where true he would be responsible for all of the worlds suffering for thousands of years, it would be on his shoulders that innocent children starve, are raped by Priest, suffer disease, etc. If the fable of the christian cults god where indeed true this would be a creature that is evil and we should hunt it down and kill it like a rabid dog!
Thankfully it is just a fable, we now know that the world is not flat and that the sun does not orbit the earth, we know that the pretty lights in the sky at night are distant suns we call stars
defender

United States

#83634 Jul 26, 2012
MirrorMan wrote:
<quoted text>And when you explain truthhoods... they still call it wrong!

It's not mental incapacity that is the problem, it is that the religious shun their mental capacity. Their primary motivation is emotional, and they do not want to risk deflating it with barbs of reason.
Umm.. No... You make it sound as if Christians don't accept scientific fact... Not true... Truth is science (not the bible) doesn't support your ridiculous planet of the apes theory... A theory that distorts the truth at every bend (Piltdown man, Lucy, Nebraska man, and on and on)... So that homosexuals don't feel bad about their butthole games... When you get some real evidence then let us know...
MirrorMan

Muskegon, MI

#83635 Jul 26, 2012
Satanic Priest wrote:
If the fable of the christian cults god where true he would be responsible for all of the worlds suffering for thousands of years, it would be on his shoulders that innocent children starve, are raped by Priest, suffer disease, etc. If the fable of the christian cults god where indeed true this would be a creature that is evil and we should hunt it down and kill it like a rabid dog!
Thankfully it is just a fable, we now know that the world is not flat and that the sun does not orbit the earth, we know that the pretty lights in the sky at night are distant suns we call stars
When you can't even get a protestant to admit that Catholics assembled the Holy Bible, what chance is there to get them to admit anything else that might make them feel bad?

Satanic Priest

“There is no god”

War, WV

#83636 Jul 26, 2012
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Wrong!
Yes, it is wrong to allow you freaks any where near innocent trusting children!

Satanic Priest

“There is no god”

War, WV

#83637 Jul 26, 2012
The Bible wrote:

<quoted text>
"Mirrorman, I have even heard of thee, that the spirit of the gods is in thee, and that light and understanding and excellent wisdom is found in thee."
Gee, thanks.

AWW, YOU HAVE A STALKER
defender

United States

#83638 Jul 26, 2012
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>You should read your bible. Your Jesus called the non Jewish people dogs, love is only for the Jewish
Not only are you stupid, you are crazy as well... You have no understanding of what Jesus was saying in this passage... Just like your understanding of evolution... Wrong...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monticello Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Sierra coe 1 hr Theoneandonly 2
someone caught for running chop shop (Aug '09) 2 hr Raymond Reddington 37
anyone know anything about victoria brandt (Jul '08) 2 hr Nowreally123 21
Who was david denney seein her first name is Vi... (Mar '09) 2 hr Nowreally123 21
stop, pause, and pray (Aug '08) 21 hr History 31
Cody "red" Upchurch May 22 ConcernedCitizen 1
matt ragan (Jun '08) May 21 Slh 10

Monticello Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Monticello Mortgages