Bible study rules for public schools ...

Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 142410 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

defender

United States

#83587 Jul 26, 2012
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>YET AGAIN, viruses have evolved to resist antibiotics, we see animals evolving as well as plants. We have seen humans evolve in the past 500 years to be taller (humans used to be around 5'4" a couple hundred years ago) to be more intelligent, to have better immune systems and longer life spans.
The proof stares you in the face but you stick your head in the sand and then say "show me"
OMG... I can't believe you posted this... Do you know anything about evolution?... Yes you are right human beings have gotten taller in the past couple hundred years... This goes against evolution numb nuts.... This process should take at least a couple million years... Have out cousins the chimps gotten any taller, faster or smarter?... Think before you speak...
defender

United States

#83588 Jul 26, 2012
Hitch wrote:
Why can't these crazies keep their mumbo jumbo religious batshittery to themselves and within their own little cultist groups. We give them tax-free status, they have their own buildings and people give their own money to support the cult. Why can't they just keep their fantasies about some imaginary friend with magic powers separate from real life? I mean, it's been going on for five or six thousand years now. The joke is getting old. Have your religion, but stop trying to make it the default religion of the world. And this goes for ALL religions, not just Christians. They just bug me the most because they are all around me, so I rag on them the most. No Gods, No Masters. Let Reason Rule! Teaching religion is school is just the deists way of indoctrinating the kids while they are most susceptible to it. Let's teach science in school and keep the mythology elsewhere.
What a statement... It's the atheist that start this stuff... Every time....
Yes and Amen

Manchester, KY

#83589 Jul 26, 2012
Satanic Priest wrote:
Wht is that you say? Evolution has not been proven? The h1n1 virus did not evolve, it has been hiding and just now came out to make people sick? There are not new viruses that have evolved and made antibiotics ineffective?
Yes, evolution has been proven, in humans. Humans are taller and more intelligent now then they where 200 years ago. Our immune systems have evolved to keep us healthy and we now live twice as long as people did 500 years ago....
Lies!
trusted

Morgantown, KY

#83590 Jul 26, 2012
defender wrote:
<quoted text>
Not at all... I blame me... Devil made me do it don't hold up in the court room...
He put flowers on the hills your cup he gladly fills
How can you turn around and say God is dead
But when your stories have all been told there's one thing I'd like to know
If God is dead who's this living in my soul?

He gives us shelter from life's stormy weather
Gives us love to keep us together
When life gets like a ship on a raging sea
And when the stage of life grows cold
Somebody helps us to play our role

If my soul had windows
I'd leave them open so the world could see
The ugly scars upon those hands
That cleft for you and me,

There's a bridge you can cross if you will
The toll was paid on Golgota's hill
If God is dead who's this living in my soul
If God is dead who's this living in my soul?...
Yes and Amen

Manchester, KY

#83591 Jul 26, 2012
dam-tired wrote:
Take out heaven , hell, and Jesus and you have the basis of the founding of our country. Most of the simplest of our laws come straight from the Bible. Freedom of religion covers those who want to practice religion as well as those that don't. It was meant to allow me to believe as well as allowing you to not.
IF YOU DON'T WANT TO SEE THE TEN COMMANDMENTS IN PUBLIC , LOOK THE OTHER WAY OR CLOSE YOUR EYES YOU DAMN CRY BABIES.
Are you so afraid your children will be curious and ask questions that you can't rationally answer. Or God forbid they form their own opinion by getting a point of view different than yours.
Good post!
Yes and Amen

Manchester, KY

#83592 Jul 26, 2012
Spaceship earth wrote:
<quoted text>
Is adam's soul still alive?
I have no idea!
But we will find out.... soon!
Yes and Amen

Manchester, KY

#83593 Jul 26, 2012
Spaceship earth wrote:
<quoted text>
That would be conjecture. No deal of repentance was made to adam or eve only death sentence. No repeal of the death sentence was lifted.
Yes it would be conjecture, but somewhere (I cannot remember) in the Bible, it states Jesus went to ?Outer darkness? to offer salvation to all who passed before Jesus' sacrifice!
God being fair, and Just... Adam could have been in that...
But as you say... conjecture!

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#83594 Jul 26, 2012
defender wrote:
<quoted text>
Since when do the laws of probabilities bother you? Evolution?... Really?... Talk about against probabilities... I don't think any men were perfect saints but if God can part the red sea than getting the words He wants in the bible shouldn't be that hard for him either..
You cannot show a god parted the red sea or anything else, ever. You just blindly believe the ancients claim of this.

Are you telling me, the 99.999999? of scientists on the planet are in defiance of the statistical probabilities of evolution? Science is meticulous with probabilities. Read any book on evolution and see many claims of how probable evolution is.

You are simply repeating the propaganda of creationists. Evolution is not defying any probabilities.

Now lets apply your logic of probabilities to your god. How is it probable magic did it? How is it probable a magical man in the sky parted the red sea with magic?

What is more probable is, the ancients told a story that evolved with many false claims.

Any story told and passed down is highly probable of changing. Extremely probable of changing. Now how can you know what parts changed? Well there is zero evidence of any of the claims of the exodus so I think one cannot know if any of the claims were true. But you believe them all without a doubt.

Keeping a story passed down verbally for so many years in a perfect manner would take a miracle. Miracles are not probable.
Yes and Amen

Manchester, KY

#83595 Jul 26, 2012
Spaceship earth wrote:
<quoted text>
The sin was allowing Satan to mislead Adam and Eve. God's messenger proved that not all humans will kiss ass unless force to do so by torture or death. Adam and Eve gets a break from God and Adam's children pays the price for Adam and eve gullibility.
Just as today... "Did God really say that...."
Gen 1:1 In the Beginning, God created the Heavens, and the earth!
It is here, we are here... Observational Science Proves God's word!
Yes and Amen

Manchester, KY

#83596 Jul 26, 2012
defender wrote:
<quoted text>
OMG!! You're right for a change!!! You really think Christians want some freak teacher teaching the bible to their kids?... Not me.. But let's get all religion out of schools including the ridiculous Planet of the Apes garbage for it to is religion...
AMEN!
Let's get all of it out!
Including "Prayer rooms" for Muslims!
Yes and Amen

Manchester, KY

#83598 Jul 26, 2012
defender wrote:
<quoted text>
You use mutation as evidence of evolution?... When the flu virus dies it dies a flu virus... Has it ever been proven to change into something completely diffrent?... No... Weak argument...
Great post!
I was going to say that, but some people...
you'll never teach the truth!
They do not want it... he is one!

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#83599 Jul 26, 2012
defender wrote:
<quoted text>
Since when do the laws of probabilities bother you? Evolution?... Really?... Talk about against probabilities... I don't think any men were perfect saints but if God can part the red sea than getting the words He wants in the bible shouldn't be that hard for him either..
Oh, and who says a god got the words he wanted into what we call the bible? Maybe the god got his words in the Koran. Maybe the god got his words in the Torah. Maybe the god got his words in the Bhagavata Purana.

Again, you just blindly believe with zero evidence and against probabilities. What probability shows you were born by the people who believed the correct god or holy book? Of course I assume the probability you were born into Christianity. The probability is 80%. As 80% of all people worldwide believe the god/religion of their parents.
Yes and Amen

Manchester, KY

#83600 Jul 26, 2012
Pastor wrote:
Psalms 7:9 Oh let the wickedness of the wicked come to an end; but establish the just: for the righteous God trieth the hearts and reins.Psalms 7:10 My defence is of God, which saveth the upright in heart.
AMEN!
God Bless!

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#83601 Jul 26, 2012
defender wrote:
<quoted text>
OMG... I can't believe you posted this... Do you know anything about evolution?... Yes you are right human beings have gotten taller in the past couple hundred years... This goes against evolution numb nuts.... This process should take at least a couple million years... Have out cousins the chimps gotten any taller, faster or smarter?... Think before you speak...
Why does getting taller defy evolution theory? Just because one species changes a trait, does not mean all should.
I am not claiming it is evolution as I am not a scientist, nor do I know all the details of evolution. There is much to know.
If this is not evolution, what is it?
Yes and Amen

Manchester, KY

#83602 Jul 26, 2012
MirrorMan wrote:
<quoted text>
I've always wondered why Lucifer gets so much crap for getting Eve to eat from the tree. Seems to me Lucifer and God just had a policy dispute over whether humans should be intelligent, and obviously Lucifer lost.
It was for questioning God's word...
Just as it is today, and tomorrow.... until the end!
defender

United States

#83603 Jul 26, 2012

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#83604 Jul 26, 2012
defender wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey cheer up!! He did get the toys out if the happy meals in California... Yes we can!! Yes we can!!!
I see Jim Henson company pulled its toys from Chick Fil A kids meals due to their hate speech.
Then Chick Fil A lied about it claiming they were a hazard.
defender

United States

#83605 Jul 26, 2012
trusted wrote:
<quoted text>He put flowers on the hills your cup he gladly fills
How can you turn around and say God is dead
But when your stories have all been told there's one thing I'd like to know

He gives us shelter from life's stormy weather
Gives us love to keep us together
When life gets like a ship on a raging sea
And when the stage of life grows cold
Somebody helps us to play our role

If my soul had windows
I'd leave them open so the world could see
The ugly scars upon those hands
That cleft for you and me,

There's a bridge you can cross if you will
The toll was paid on Golgota's hill
If God is dead who's this living in my soul
If God is dead who's this living in my soul?...
"Blessed are those who did not see yet believed"....
MirrorMan

Palatka, FL

#83606 Jul 26, 2012
defender wrote:
<quoted text>
I got one for ya... How about proving evolution fact and shutting us up for good?...
LOL The only way to prove any science to you is to invent a time machine to go back and ask Jesus.
defender wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah and the Dems think he can fart rainbows and bring change they can believe in... How's that going for ya?
Quite a bit better than 8 years of Bush.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#83607 Jul 26, 2012
aWitchintheWoods wrote:
<quoted text>
I too am glad you see your posts again, Mike.
You have been missed.
;)
Thanks man, good to be back. Hope all is well with you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monticello Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Needing place to rent 3 hr rental 6
Food Stamps Fri oldskool 18
frebies Thu Conway 2
Air condition repair Thu Need air 1
Just how polluted do you think lake Cumberland is? (Jul '13) Jul 30 Absolutely 29
cedar grove Jul 27 redrock 1
Is Bipolar a license to cheat, lie and be mean ... (Oct '09) Jul 25 Florence12 280
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Monticello Mortgages