Black Stallion Restaurant
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Patron

United States

#26 Oct 11, 2012
Hungry wrote:
Had a NY strip and it was delish. The baked potato was OK and the salad bar was very generic. For the price, was expecting a better meal. Hopefully, it will improve. I don't care to pay more for a meal, if it is worth it. They need to kick it up a notch or two.
$13.99 for a 12 oz. NY strip meal w/2 sides and unlimited hot rolls and refills? You don't dine out much do you?
Hungry

Campbellsville, KY

#28 Oct 12, 2012
Patron wrote:
<quoted text> $13.99 for a 12 oz. NY strip meal w/2 sides and unlimited hot rolls and refills? You don't dine out much do you?
As a matter of fact, I dine out quite often. That's how I know that the baked potato could have been better....I mean, how hard is it to bake a potato and have it come out completely done? I want this place to make it but little things like FOOD QUALITY will do a restaurant in...just ask Rosa's. That place looks like a deserted island, most of the time. They started off bad and when they got a little better..it was too late. Just sayin...
Arvie

Gray, KY

#29 Oct 13, 2012
Hungry wrote:
<quoted text>As a matter of fact, I dine out quite often. That's how I know that the baked potato could have been better....I mean, how hard is it to bake a potato and have it come out completely done? I want this place to make it but little things like FOOD QUALITY will do a restaurant in...just ask Rosa's. That place looks like a deserted island, most of the time. They started off bad and when they got a little better..it was too late. Just sayin...
You should give Rosa's another try.....it is excellent!
Patron

United States

#30 Oct 14, 2012
All you had to do was ask for another potato that was
well done. That is just nit-picking. That can happen in the very best of restaurants. It has happened to me many times. Mine was perfectly baked. Little things you say? Large cloth-like napkins, extra large drinks, hot rolls and butter, delicious desserts. Didn't have to send my steak back 3 times to get it right, and very clean. Polite waitresses willing to please their customers. Fair prices. Yet you sound off about an undercooked tater! Wow! Maybe you should stick with McD's. A place where it's never clean and your order is never right. Only thing I saw was the front desk was overly busy for one person working it. Waitin for a table btw just says "a good place to eat" in my book. I always have to wait at Cracker Barrell,
Dawn

Gray, KY

#31 Oct 14, 2012
Patron wrote:
well done. That is just nit-picking. That can happen in the very best of restaurants. It has happened to me many times. Mine was perfectly baked. Little things you say? Large cloth-like napkins, extra large drinks, hot rolls and butter, delicious desserts. Didn't have to send my steak back 3 times to get it right, and very clean. Polite waitresses willing to please their customers. Fair prices. Yet you sound off about an undercooked tater! Wow! Maybe you should stick with McD's. A place where it's never clean and your order is never right. Only thing I saw was the front desk was overly busy for one person working it. Waitin for a table btw just says "a good place to eat" in my book. I always have to wait at Cracker Barrell,
If a place is not busy and you do not have to wait....it's usually a sign that you don't want to go there.
Dog Lover

Campbellsville, KY

#32 Oct 14, 2012
Patron wrote:
I looked over my comments and you are right. I did sound pretty bitchy over a baked potato. Sorry. As I said, the steak was wonderful. Have gone back, since then and it was good, then too. Hopefully they will do great.
Andy

United States

#35 Oct 17, 2012
The first time I ate there it was good. The last time the bread was obviously old (I think they had baked it/prepared it earlier and heated it back up). When I unrolled my silverware, my spoon still had food on it. That disturbed me due to someone should have seen this while wrapping it in a napkin. My chicken was far from done. I got my check and left. I can handle the wait for food as I know they have just opened, but I hate that all in my party was served at least fifteen minutes apart meaning we did not eat our meal together and by the time half of us were done, the other half still hadn't received their food. Was excited for the change, but think I'll be continuing to drive to Somerset for a good meal.
Andy

United States

#36 Oct 17, 2012
Oh, and my potato was not done, either. So I understand totally the earlier post regarding the same matter.
Great Place

Brodhead, KY

#37 Oct 22, 2012
I love the place and will be back! Everything was great enjoyed the food and the service! No complaints. I ordered sirloin steak and it was just how I requested, decorations are outstanding! Very beautiful.
Hello

London, KY

#38 Nov 3, 2012
Patron wrote:
there's a reason you always wait at Cracker Barrel they do that in hopes that you will shop the gift shop before eating. Impulse buying. Same way at check lanes at the store when you see the candy bars and drinks.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#39 Nov 3, 2012
Hello wrote:
<quoted text> there's a reason you always wait at Cracker Barrel they do that in hopes that you will shop the gift shop before eating. Impulse buying. Same way at check lanes at the store when you see the candy bars and drinks.
Yup, and I do it too.
Taliesin

Oliver Springs, TN

#41 Nov 3, 2012
Where is this place located?
Good

Manchester, KY

#42 Nov 4, 2012
Taliesin wrote:
Where is this place located?
It is where Shearer's & Fred's use to be. We ate there & LOVED the catfish. Some like the Family Diner's fish but this restaurants is fare superior to Family Diner's AND you can get it at any time not just on Friday nights.

Worth a try. They have a lot more than just steak.
daisy

Elizabethtown, KY

#44 Nov 28, 2012
Its a great place loved the food and the waitress, keep up the great work guys.
Taliesin

Oliver Springs, TN

#45 Nov 28, 2012
I'm sorry. We are from Oneida and are not familiar with Monticello. What street/road is this restaurant on?
Duh

Manchester, KY

#46 Nov 29, 2012
Taliesin wrote:
I'm sorry. We are from Oneida and are not familiar with Monticello. What street/road is this restaurant on?
It's on main street. On Hwy 90, Turn right at light after you pass Wal-Mart, go through 2 lights & it will be in a plaza on the right. It is NOT at Tradeway plaza, go about 500 yards & it is in the next plaza.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#47 Nov 29, 2012
Town and Country plaza. Across from the cemetery.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monticello Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Chasity hickey 1 hr Yeah 1
Daycare 2 hr ur crazy 4
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 3 hr Paul 166,400
Hope White (Aug '11) 8 hr Ugh 39
Mikayla Hicks 9 hr Tim 2
Who takes the best seniors pictures 10 hr MommaBear 3
Johney Foster Sun Spiv a Little 15

Monticello Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance