Monticello is in Somersets dust forev...

Monticello is in Somersets dust forever...!!!!!

Posted in the Monticello Forum

BLESSED

Sheridan, AR

#2 Jun 9, 2012
move to somerset if you like it so much....we won't
even shed a tear....SO LOOOOOOONG AMIGO!!!
Bluiloxi meg

Sheridan, AR

#4 Jun 10, 2012
god, there's enough Monticello trash (looking at a couple of the 'volunteer firemen' down there) coming into somerset for jobs and crap as it is. stay in your own 3-tooth town and leave us alone.
outa this town

Ford City, PA

#6 Jun 10, 2012
When Somerset goes "wet", Monticello will just fade away. Any company looking to locate a business around here is going to be looking for a progressive area that's not stuck in the 19th century,run by a bunch of church goin' hipocrates. Monticello will never change as long as people are more interested in their own needs, wealth and power. Thats what it's all about.
Serious

London, KY

#7 Jun 10, 2012
companies looking to locate a business here rely on a good reliable workforce first and foremost. They could care less whether or not we have liquor, and don't forget we just landed a new winery in Wayne County! As to the 19th century, how many residents of Wayne County were born before 1900? That's right! So as to the 19th Century we passed that up long ago.
Mr.LockandLoad

London, KY

#11 Jun 10, 2012
BLESSED wrote:
move to somerset if you like it so much....we won't
even shed a tear....SO LOOOOOOONG AMIGO!!!
Yea thats the answer tell more people to leave. Thats one of the reasons this town is headed the way its going now cause people are leaving.
WC blows

United States

#12 Jun 10, 2012
Actually Somerset has a better workforce than WC currently does. Most can't even pass a drug test. Companies will want to start up in an area that is progressive and productive. Monticello is the complete opposite of that. Monticello is 40 years behind the rest of the world. However most of you that like it here can't see that because you consider having a Walmart as being upper class. It's a shame to see Monticello continue to waste away in the shadow of Somerset. The officials sure have made a mess of things. This whole private enterprise system they have here is destroying the town. The only hope would be that Somerset grows so big it grows right into the county line. Then again if it did that would be right where the progress would stop. Monticello has a bunch of greedy idiots running things and soon enough their pockets will be empty as well. They are so blinded by their greed that they can't see they are destroying the town and their very own wallets at the same time. I'd like to see Monticello actually get with the times. Sadly that will never happen. Eventually all that will be left is the druggies, the elderly, and your precious dollar stores. You know it's pretty bad when there are multiple dollar stores in such a small town. This town sure doesn't want to grow, but they make sure that every citizen has access to a dollar store. Hahahaa!
outa this town

Ford City, PA

#14 Jun 10, 2012
Serious wrote:
companies looking to locate a business here rely on a good reliable workforce first and foremost. They could care less whether or not we have liquor, and don't forget we just landed a new winery in Wayne County! As to the 19th century, how many residents of Wayne County were born before 1900? That's right! So as to the 19th Century we passed that up long ago.
Please tell me what the elected officials of Wayne County did to "land" a new winery. From what I hear it would be political suicide to back anything alchol related, around here. The only reason the winery was able to open and operate is because a small group of open minded people voted it that way. If left to all the preachers and elected officials in Wayne County, that winery would be just be someones lost dream, or relocated somewhere else. And when you say "we landed", what part of getting the winery here did you play? Please explain, because if you did bring outside industry here, you should run for mayor!! One last thing, I diddn't say that people here were born in the 1900's......I said the attitudes and mindset of this area is stuck in the past. There is no one looking out for this county and it's future. It's gonna dry up and blow away. The only people left here will be the people in power and the people too old, too tired or too poor, to move.
correction

Lexington, KY

#15 Jun 10, 2012
WC blows wrote:
Actually Somerset has a better workforce than WC currently does. Most can't even pass a drug test. Companies will want to start up in an area that is progressive and productive. Monticello is the complete opposite of that. Monticello is 40 years behind the rest of the world. However most of you that like it here can't see that because you consider having a Walmart as being upper class. It's a shame to see Monticello continue to waste away in the shadow of Somerset. The officials sure have made a mess of things. This whole private enterprise system they have here is destroying the town. The only hope would be that Somerset grows so big it grows right into the county line. Then again if it did that would be right where the progress would stop. Monticello has a bunch of greedy idiots running things and soon enough their pockets will be empty as well. They are so blinded by their greed that they can't see they are destroying the town and their very own wallets at the same time. I'd like to see Monticello actually get with the times. Sadly that will never happen. Eventually all that will be left is the druggies, the elderly, and your precious dollar stores. You know it's pretty bad when there are multiple dollar stores in such a small town. This town sure doesn't want to grow, but they make sure that every citizen has access to a dollar store. Hahahaa!
actually to get your facts straight Pulaski County actually has many more "dollar stores" than Wayne County so by your own defintition you have actually proven that things must be much worse in pulaski county than wayne county based upon your "sophisticated" analysis and logic.
WC blows

United States

#17 Jun 11, 2012
correction wrote:
<quoted text>actually to get your facts straight Pulaski County actually has many more "dollar stores" than Wayne County so by your own defintition you have actually proven that things must be much worse in pulaski county than wayne county based upon your "sophisticated" analysis and logic.
Really?!? I mean really?!! Are you that retarded? Of course a bigger town will have more. Just like Lexington will have more than Somerset. What is pitiful is the fact that Monticello can't grow or try a new industry to save its pitiful life, but we sure dang do golly have plenty of dollar stores. I am also sure that you shop at every single one of them too? Know everyone that works there personally? Get any frequent flyer miles on that EBT gold card ya got?
WC blows

United States

#18 Jun 11, 2012
correction wrote:
<quoted text>actually to get your facts straight Pulaski County actually has many more "dollar stores" than Wayne County so by your own defintition you have actually proven that things must be much worse in pulaski county than wayne county based upon your "sophisticated" analysis and logic.
Re-read what I wrote. YOU KNOW IT IS PRETTY BAD WHEN THERE ARE MULTIPLE DOLLAR STORES IN SUCH A SMALL TOWN. SUCH A SMALL TOWN. Somerset isn't that small and they also have plenty of other stores to shop at. By being such a dry and dead town and having only dollar stores and a Walmart, it just goes to show that the poverty level is way out of had.
WC blows

United States

#19 Jun 11, 2012
Oh and it also shows the town sucks and needs something done about it. Don't blame those of us that know the truth. Blame those local officials of yours.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monticello Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 1 hr ChromiuMan 142,504
Curious 9 hr jackson 22
Soft Tanning Hides 21 hr ok 2
Food Stamps 22 hr Feather 22
Air condition repair Sun polar bear 2
Needing place to rent Sat question 7
frebies Jul 30 Conway 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Monticello Mortgages