“pervinco per logica”

Since: Feb 12

Eradicate willful ignorance.

#23 Dec 7, 2012
WTF wrote:
<quoted text>
It is a real word and used in the correct context in the sentence:
Defined by dictionary.com (powered by merriam webster)
Worst (adjective )
1. bad or ill in the highest, greatest, or most extreme degree: the worst person.
2. most faulty, unsatisfactory, or objectionable: the worst paper submitted.
3. most unfavorable or injurious.
4. in the poorest condition: the worst house on the block.
5. most unpleasant, unattractive, or disagreeable: the worst personality I've ever known.
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/worst
Used in a sentence
Monticello Independent is the worst school in the state and the teachers turn out kids who wet the bet, wear helmets, and eat paste well beyond the age of 16.
Close the school and expand your vocabulary Monticello Grad.
No, you're completely wrong. "Worst" is superlative and therefore completely incompatible with "than" as you have used it, and must be used to directly state that something is "the worst". The word you should have used is clearly "worse", as it is comparative and can be used to compare two things using "than". You should have just said "oops, typo" rather than confirm that you have no idea how to use English or a dictionary.
Yup

Monticello, KY

#24 Dec 7, 2012
WTF wrote:
<quoted text>
It is a real word and used in the correct context in the sentence:
Defined by dictionary.com (powered by merriam webster)
Worst (adjective )
1. bad or ill in the highest, greatest, or most extreme degree: the worst person.
2. most faulty, unsatisfactory, or objectionable: the worst paper submitted.
3. most unfavorable or injurious.
4. in the poorest condition: the worst house on the block.
5. most unpleasant, unattractive, or disagreeable: the worst personality I've ever known.
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/worst
Used in a sentence
Monticello Independent is the worst school in the state and the teachers turn out kids who wet the bet, wear helmets, and eat paste well beyond the age of 16.
Close the school and expand your vocabulary Monticello Grad.
You can't do any worst than last and Monticello Independent has been last (by average) the last five years. I don't think an illiterate pillbilly from Albany can do any worse than last... You are still wrong even with all your research...the correct word in this sentence is WORSE.(You can't do any worst than last??)Read before you write. I believe we all know how to use a dictionary at our age. Overkill is not necessary.
Willard

El Paso, AR

#26 Dec 7, 2012
I can assure you that I can do a better job quack than whats went on over on Cave Street for the past few years( I have experience to back that claim up, so suck it).

Also quack, I am on your side if you cant tell from my posts. I don't want to see our school in the shape its in any more than I feel you do, but in reality its not about being a Trojan or a Cardinal, its about the kids and when we lose sight of that, then we become a obstacle to our kids futures.

Bottom line is consolidation is the only way out of this mess in the long term old timer.

I also feel like I rock star to have a topix legend like WTF come to the Monticello forum and take my side.
WTF

Morehead, KY

#27 Dec 7, 2012
Willard wrote:
I can assure you that I can do a better job quack than whats went on over on Cave Street for the past few years( I have experience to back that claim up, so suck it).
Also quack, I am on your side if you cant tell from my posts. I don't want to see our school in the shape its in any more than I feel you do, but in reality its not about being a Trojan or a Cardinal, its about the kids and when we lose sight of that, then we become a obstacle to our kids futures.
Bottom line is consolidation is the only way out of this mess in the long term old timer.
I also feel like I rock star to have a topix legend like WTF come to the Monticello forum and take my side.
Willard,

You are indeed blessed to have me and I will be in the Walmart Parking lot signing autographs on Christmas Eve for Make a Wish....I wish they close that damn school!!

These are teachers defending the poor performing school instead of educating the children. You can't defend being the worst, I SAY WORST performing school based on averages the last five years! You could put an illiterate Pillbilly from Albany or Manchester in charge of that school system and you can still no no worse than last. Look at the last decade, only Holmes in Covington performs WORSE. It needs to close. Wayne County has the space and teachers to absorb the students. Put the millions into a school that passes No Child Left Behind and close the door to the ones turning out kids who eat paste. We just direct the money right into Wayne County schools and get these children ready for life. We lessen the kick in the nads for these children by doing it swiftly.
Yeah

Richmond, KY

#28 Dec 8, 2012
When you get down to it, both school systems are nightmarish. It all boils down to the class size you want for your child. Wayne County, Kentucky PERIOD is an intellectual JOKE.
Whoa 1

United States

#29 Dec 8, 2012
And now Breathitt County school is in trouble with mismanagement. State takeover. Looks like others may have problems too.
Cave Street

Duluth, GA

#30 Dec 8, 2012
I used to be against going in with Wayne but I now think its best. Get Jerry Lair out and it will happen.

“TIME MARCHES ON”

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#31 Dec 8, 2012
Cave Street wrote:
I used to be against going in with Wayne but I now think its best. Get Jerry Lair out and it will happen.
Bring a crane!!

“pervinco per logica”

Since: Feb 12

Eradicate willful ignorance.

#32 Dec 8, 2012
Cave Street wrote:
I used to be against going in with Wayne but I now think its best. Get Jerry Lair out and it will happen.
Nobody has to get anybody "out". It's inevitable at this point. I seriously doubt that there's any way they will be able to keep their doors open for next school year.

“Walk with me”

Since: Jun 10

Truth isn't always pretty

#33 Dec 8, 2012
I see no point in maintaining 2 separate school entities in the same town just a few blocks apart. It is redundancy in prime.
It would be cheaper all around just to integrate the two.
grads

Monticello, KY

#34 Dec 8, 2012
Yeah wrote:
When you get down to it, both school systems are nightmarish. It all boils down to the class size you want for your child. Wayne County, Kentucky PERIOD is an intellectual JOKE.
Your blanket statement is insulting. I'll have you to know all my children and already some of my grandchildren graduated WCHS. They are college grads and have professional careers. They did very well becaause they wanted to. They put their hearts into their educations and are now sucessful. Life is what you make of it, in spite of where you went to school. So speak for yourself only please. There are people paying to send their kids to the perfect private schools and they end up nothing more than lazy, lousy potheads.

“pervinco per logica”

Since: Feb 12

Eradicate willful ignorance.

#35 Dec 8, 2012
grads wrote:
<quoted text>Your blanket statement is insulting. I'll have you to know all my children and already some of my grandchildren graduated WCHS. They are college grads and have professional careers. They did very well becaause they wanted to. They put their hearts into their educations and are now sucessful. Life is what you make of it, in spite of where you went to school. So speak for yourself only please. There are people paying to send their kids to the perfect private schools and they end up nothing more than lazy, lousy potheads.
What? Your words do nothing to support your position. Both schools have been somewhere between mediocre and bad for decades, and it is demonstrable on many levels.
Statements about things being "what you make of it" are nothing but diversionary. Even the worst school in the country has students that go on to success despite the failings of their educational system, and the school is still terrible.
grads

Monticello, KY

#36 Dec 8, 2012
_Ummm_ wrote:
<quoted text>
What? Your words do nothing to support your position. Both schools have been somewhere between mediocre and bad for decades, and it is demonstrable on many levels.
Statements about things being "what you make of it" are nothing but diversionary. Even the worst school in the country has students that go on to success despite the failings of their educational system, and the school is still terrible.
Well why don't you check out some larger inner city schools in other states who have to have metal detectors, guards and often the police in order to keep the doors open. Wayne County looks pretty good in comparison. Which dam* one of these schools did you graduate from? If neither then shut your F'n mouth. Further if you don't live in Wayne Co. just zip it OK? You always have to run your crap hole about everything. My face is plastered all in the WC yearbook so it makes me valid to speak about it. How about yourself? Is it ok if someone else speaks other than you for once? Tell us which school system you went to. Monticello or Wayne County?
Intelligence

London, KY

#37 Dec 8, 2012
_Ummm_ wrote:
<quoted text>
What? Your words do nothing to support your position. Both schools have been somewhere between mediocre and bad for decades, and it is demonstrable on many levels.
Statements about things being "what you make of it" are nothing but diversionary. Even the worst school in the country has students that go on to success despite the failings of their educational system, and the school is still terrible.
"Brevity is the soul of wit"!!! Ever heard that said Dufus!!!
grads

Monticello, KY

#38 Dec 8, 2012
Intelligence wrote:
<quoted text>
"Brevity is the soul of wit"!!! Ever heard that said Dufus!!!
Next Ummm will tell you that you spelled doofus wrong when you can spell it doophis if you want. A person like that totally tries my patience. I don't need documentation to "support" every word I say. It's called an opinion. You watch, he will not reveal which of the two schools he went to.
grads

Monticello, KY

#39 Dec 8, 2012
_Ummm_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Nobody has to get anybody "out". It's inevitable at this point. I seriously doubt that there's any way they will be able to keep their doors open for next school year.
What makes it evident to you that they will close?

“pervinco per logica”

Since: Feb 12

Eradicate willful ignorance.

#40 Dec 8, 2012
grads wrote:
<quoted text>Well why don't you check out some larger inner city schools in other states who have to have metal detectors, guards and often the police in order to keep the doors open. Wayne County looks pretty good in comparison.
Well, I guess that clearly Laos is not a terrible place to live because Sudan exists. Right?
grads wrote:
<quoted text>Which dam* one of these schools did you graduate from? If neither then shut your F'n mouth. Further if you don't live in Wayne Co. just zip it OK? You always have to run your crap hole about everything. My face is plastered all in the WC yearbook so it makes me valid to speak about it. How about yourself? Is it ok if someone else speaks other than you for once? Tell us which school system you went to. Monticello or Wayne County?
Yes, and since I've never stepped foot in Laos, I cannot tell anyone that it's a terrible place to live. You're making perfect sense.
Intelligence wrote:
<quoted text>
"Brevity is the soul of wit"!!! Ever heard that said Dufus!!!
What can I say in response to somebody that can't spell doofus that hasn't been made clear already?
Yeah. Stupid people keep slinging that quote at me, somehow unaware that I am in no way attempting to be witty, and besides that, real people that know more than three or four words tend to use them.
WTF

Morehead, KY

#42 Dec 8, 2012
Folks lets stop wasting money educating the children of Wayne County in useless book learning. I advocate trade and vocational learning once the children read at a 10th grade standard. Let us have CDL training for the boys and pole dance lessons for the girls begining in the 11th grade. Lets prepare them for high earning careers with in demand skills.

When the merge happens and it will happen, teachers will be a dime a dozen in this town. Wayne laid off many last year. Hell many of the teachers at Monticello might be shaking azz on a pole or jamming gears to pay the light bill before it is done. Face it Wayne County is drying up and even living in pill infested Albany or drunk ole Somerset gives your children a better chance in life.
County Resident

Hazard, KY

#43 Dec 8, 2012
_Ummm_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Nobody has to get anybody "out". It's inevitable at this point. I seriously doubt that there's any way they will be able to keep their doors open for next school year.
Why is it "inevitable"? Your conclusion is based on what fact or facts?

“pervinco per logica”

Since: Feb 12

Eradicate willful ignorance.

#44 Dec 8, 2012
County Resident wrote:
<quoted text>
Why is it "inevitable"? Your conclusion is based on what fact or facts?
It's based on simple math. Look at the enrollment trends. Look at their budget. They can't even balance it based on current attendance rates, and they are losing tons of kids every semester to Wayne County. On top of that, they are now "state assisted", which means that nobody will be keeping the doors open based only on personal gain as they probably won't be able to slip it in the books anymore.

It's inevitable.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monticello Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 1 hr curtjester1 135,029
God is dead and religion is dying. 10 hr non-exoteric 5
Pibbstraa steps in 10 hr Dead Horse 3
Greedy, Self-Centered People 13 hr Really 6
How to cope after a spouse commits ADULTRY 18 hr Pibbstraa 37
does anybody have punchout for nintendo wii the... Wed red cold 2
50 year old guy & 20 year old woman , good or bad? (Aug '13) Wed red cold 62
Monticello Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Monticello People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]