Guy on Drugs begging for money on Corner

Guy on Drugs begging for money on Corner

Posted in the Monticello Forum

“pervinco per logica”

Since: Feb 12

Eradicate willful ignorance.

#5 Jan 22, 2013
People that give possible drug addicts money are enablers. And not very smart.

For the charitable:
If a beggar claims to be hungry, buy him some food. If he says his kids need diapers, buy him some diapers. If he says his is out of gas and he has to get somewhere, buy him a tank of gas. If he says he can't pay his electric bill, take him to RECC and write them a check. If he says he is homeless, take him over to Homestead. So on, so forth.

Don't give people money. You're helping nobody.
completely agree

United States

#6 Jan 23, 2013
_Ummm_ wrote:
People that give possible drug addicts money are enablers. And not very smart.
For the charitable:
If a beggar claims to be hungry, buy him some food. If he says his kids need diapers, buy him some diapers. If he says his is out of gas and he has to get somewhere, buy him a tank of gas. If he says he can't pay his electric bill, take him to RECC and write them a check. If he says he is homeless, take him over to Homestead. So on, so forth.
Don't give people money. You're helping nobody.
This right here might be the smartest thing I've seen wrote on here. If people did this more instead of just giving them $5 and walking on it would really help a lot of people.
ZGS

Oakland, CA

#7 Jan 24, 2013
The fact is that you really don't know if someone is geeked up or not. So, what ever your heart tells you to do, do it. The lord won't punish you, for following your heart to do his will. He will know you meant well. As for the person that is down on their luck or what ever the circumstance is not for me to decide. I have to follow how I feel. My car broke down once. I didn't have a coat, and I walked in the rain, then 50 degree weather. I looked like someone you wouldn't want to know. I walked 40 miles. I really though about walking straight into the hospital I felt so bad. I sit down on a guard rail. My legs started cramping. At that moment it didn't matter that I had a large amount of money in the Bank. I didn't have my wallet. I had 1 dollar and some change, it was Sunday. I walked straight down the By pass at Monticello from Burkesville. All I got was hateful looks, Like people thought I was a druggy or what have you. Well, This young man in a small vehicle that looked like it was about done running picked me up. I was almost out of my mind in pain from the nice hike. I told him I wouldn't have made it much further. He took me to my front door. My wife came out to meet us, she was worried to death.I tried to give this young man money for taking me out of his way. He would not take it. He said , you never know, that might be me that needs help one day. I shook his hand, Now that was a good man.
Amen!

Bulan, KY

#8 Jan 24, 2013
ZGS wrote:
The fact is that you really don't know if someone is geeked up or not. So, what ever your heart tells you to do, do it. The lord won't punish you, for following your heart to do his will. He will know you meant well. As for the person that is down on their luck or what ever the circumstance is not for me to decide. I have to follow how I feel. My car broke down once. I didn't have a coat, and I walked in the rain, then 50 degree weather. I looked like someone you wouldn't want to know. I walked 40 miles. I really though about walking straight into the hospital I felt so bad. I sit down on a guard rail. My legs started cramping. At that moment it didn't matter that I had a large amount of money in the Bank. I didn't have my wallet. I had 1 dollar and some change, it was Sunday. I walked straight down the By pass at Monticello from Burkesville. All I got was hateful looks, Like people thought I was a druggy or what have you. Well, This young man in a small vehicle that looked like it was about done running picked me up. I was almost out of my mind in pain from the nice hike. I told him I wouldn't have made it much further. He took me to my front door. My wife came out to meet us, she was worried to death.I tried to give this young man money for taking me out of his way. He would not take it. He said , you never know, that might be me that needs help one day. I shook his hand, Now that was a good man.
Enjoyed this story. Was meant for me to read today and put some things into perspective.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monticello Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
snitches 4 min amo 8
Vernon Miniard Jr. (Apr '08) 3 hr Subangelis 224
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 7 hr Lorilou 158,012
JC McGinnis 9 hr A little birdie 5
jessica dople (Sep '08) 9 hr Kathy p 25
J C McGinnis 12 hr Lisa 2
Cancer (Nov '15) Jan 16 A little birdie 2

Monticello Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Monticello Mortgages