Wondering

Lexington, KY

#1 Nov 25, 2012
How do you get rid of roaches? We have never had them before and I think they came in dogfood bags or potatos. I hate them!
bug patrol

Manchester, KY

#2 Nov 26, 2012
You can bring them home from a store while shopping. I know Charles Fletcher used to sell a powder that got rid of them really good besides bomb sprays and roach dope I don't know what else. My son had them when they came from a neighbors house that was being redone and when him and his wife moved they had to leave the majority of their things or throw them away.

“"No Sleep, 'til Brooklyn!"”

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#3 Nov 26, 2012
I think Geckos are natural predators, if you don't mind lizards. :-)
Hmmmmm

Manchester, KY

#4 Nov 26, 2012
Disgusting vile creatures who can & will make you sick. Even glue boards will help.

#1 - Keep a very clean house! Critical. Take out trash every night & away from the house.

#2 Cut all water sources. Dripping sinks? Fix. Cut off water supply to the vermin. Roaches need lots of water.

#3 - Remove any & all food sources. Use all kinds of containers to seal flour, sugar and any & everything food related.

#4 - Seal off entrances. If there are children in the home, use glue boards with sugar sprinkled in them to lure roaches in.

GOOD LUCK! If all else fails call Somerset Pest Control. Do a good job & reasonable.(NO! I do not work for them, just had to call them once.) They are licensed & have access to chemicals we cannot buy.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#5 Nov 26, 2012
A mixture of boric acid and sugar. The sugar attracts them and the boric acid kills them. Bait them where they are most active. KEEP AWAY FROM CHILDREN AND PETS. Yes.. do ask Charles Fletcher about it.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#6 Nov 26, 2012
If not agressively treated roaches can multiply into thousands in a short time. A baby was at the ER with impetigo sores all over him. Dr. said the most likely cause was from roach bites. Biting him in his crib.

“Expect the unexpected”

Since: Dec 09

Or maybe not

#7 Nov 27, 2012
Lisa Marie Merrell wrote:
I think Geckos are natural predators, if you don't mind lizards.:-)
Gekko's... Creepy little buggers that never shut up.
Always trying to sell me insurance.....

Location hidden

#8 Nov 27, 2012
Pibbstraa wrote:
<quoted text>Gekko's... Creepy little buggers that never shut up.
lol. Wasn't talking about that one, but I suppose he will do.:-D
casper

League City, TX

#9 Nov 27, 2012
unrollem put in pipe and smoke........ just kiddin i hate them nasty bastards, roach proof(boric acids) non toxic.. they claim it eats thier little legs off..

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#10 Nov 27, 2012
Pibbstraa wrote:
<quoted text>Gekko's... Creepy little buggers that never shut up.
I like their accent, didn't know they killed roaches also... Versatile little critters .

Location hidden

#11 Nov 27, 2012
<quoted text>lol. Wasn't talking about that one, but I suppose he will do.:-D
Do you have a geico? Insurance or lizard? Lol

Location hidden

#12 Nov 27, 2012
casper wrote:
unrollem put in pipe and smoke........ just kiddin i hate them nasty bastards, roach proof(boric acids) non toxic.. they claim it eats thier little legs off..
Ever smoke with a gekko?

Location hidden

#13 Nov 27, 2012
Gecko !!! Sorry

Location hidden

#14 Nov 27, 2012
Riddler of Ridicule wrote:
<quoted text>Do you have a geico? Insurance or lizard? Lol
Neither actually.:-D. I did a lot of research into natural methods of elimination and stumbled on that. An account I read was of an infestation being taken care of by them. You just have to not mind the lizards.

Location hidden

#15 Nov 27, 2012
<quoted text>Neither actually.:-D. I did a lot of research into natural methods of elimination and stumbled on that. An account I read was of an infestation being taken care of by them. You just have to not mind the lizards.
I like lizards... Are they hard to find ? Order or what????

“Expect the unexpected”

Since: Dec 09

Or maybe not

#16 Nov 27, 2012
<quoted text>
Neither actually.:-D. I did a lot of research into natural methods of elimination and stumbled on that. An account I read was of an infestation being taken care of by them. You just have to not mind the lizards.
Maybe that's why I don't have roaches. I have those lizards all over the place in the summer. They have been in the crawlspace and on my porch.

Location hidden

#17 Nov 27, 2012
Pibbstraa wrote:
<quoted text>Maybe that's why I don't have roaches. I have those lizards all over the place in the summer. They have been in the crawlspace and on my porch.
Gekkos? In got research this .

Location hidden

#18 Nov 27, 2012
Riddler of Ridicule wrote:
<quoted text>I like lizards... Are they hard to find ? Order or what????
Now that I'm not sure of. I was wondering if the pet store in Somerset had them. I'm also not sure if they could survive the cold.

Location hidden

#19 Nov 27, 2012
Pibbstraa wrote:
<quoted text>Maybe that's why I don't have roaches. I have those lizards all over the place in the summer. They have been in the crawlspace and on my porch.
That could be a possibility. I'm not sure if all lizards in general eat them, but it's possible.
Who

London, KY

#20 Nov 27, 2012
I would go to the Co-Op and ask them. There used to be some type of powder that came in a can with a straw attached so you could get in to crevices. It worked great but I can't remember what the name is.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monticello Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Laura Goodman Gray (Nov '16) 2 hr Big D 8
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 2 hr Word 169,009
G Burton 13 hr Gfd 1
Hot guy in blue chevy truck 15 hr Buck 13
Adult fun 15 hr tony duncan 2
Black walnut stain removal (Nov '08) Fri Some one 40
The Walk to Emmaus (Apr '09) Fri sodisappointed 723
East hwy 92 Oct 19 Lover boy 62

Monticello Jobs

More from around the web