#2 Aug 27, 2011
Four Arrests Overnight August 26th In Relation To Meth
Four arrests were made overnight last (Fri) night in relation to meth
labs.

According to Wayne County Sheriff Charlie Boston … at approximately
10 o’clock Friday night … Sheriff’s Units while attempting to execute an
arrest warrant on Highway 3284 located several items in the home
consistent with Manufacturing Methamphetamine. 40 year old Homer
Hunley was charged with failure to appear on a Clinton County warrant, manufacturing meth 1st offense and tampering with physical evidence. Hunley was lodged in the Wayne County Detention Center.

At 12:30 Saturday morning … Sheriff’s Units while attempting to execute
an arrest order on Surrey Hill Road, Apartment 7 located several items consistent with manufacturing methamphetamine and an active “meth lab” inside the apartment. There were also two small children in the apartment
at the time. Sheriff’s Units arrested 30 year old Chris Barnett and 25 year
old Jamie Shelton for manufacturing methamphetamine and two counts of endangering the welfare of a minor. Barnett was also charged with
contempt of court. 40 year old Mark A Coffey of Deuce Lane was also charged with manufacturing methamphetamine 1st offense. All three
were lodged in the Wayne County Detention Center.

The Sheriff’s Dept was assisted by Monticello Police, Operation UNITE and
the Monticello Fire Dept. Investigations are continuing.
www.wkym.com
citizen

Brodhead, KY

#3 Aug 27, 2011
well guess someone will be moving out.whose apartment was it?
whatever

Manchester, KY

#4 Aug 27, 2011
Notebook wrote:
Four Arrests Overnight August 26th In Relation To Meth
Four arrests were made overnight last (Fri) night in relation to meth
labs.
According to Wayne County Sheriff Charlie Boston … at approximately
10 o’clock Friday night … Sheriff’s Units while attempting to execute an
arrest warrant on Highway 3284 located several items in the home
consistent with Manufacturing Methamphetamine. 40 year old Homer
Hunley was charged with failure to appear on a Clinton County warrant, manufacturing meth 1st offense and tampering with physical evidence. Hunley was lodged in the Wayne County Detention Center.
At 12:30 Saturday morning … Sheriff’s Units while attempting to execute
an arrest order on Surrey Hill Road, Apartment 7 located several items consistent with manufacturing methamphetamine and an active “meth lab” inside the apartment. There were also two small children in the apartment
at the time. Sheriff’s Units arrested 30 year old Chris Barnett and 25 year
old Jamie Shelton for manufacturing methamphetamine and two counts of endangering the welfare of a minor. Barnett was also charged with
contempt of court. 40 year old Mark A Coffey of Deuce Lane was also charged with manufacturing methamphetamine 1st offense. All three
were lodged in the Wayne County Detention Center.
The Sheriff’s Dept was assisted by Monticello Police, Operation UNITE and
the Monticello Fire Dept. Investigations are continuing.
www.wkym.com
we have got to get a hold of this meth problem someway. these people are ruining wayne county. I would like to Sheriff Boston set up a tent city like the sheriff has in Arizona. all the meth heads would go there, live in tents on a dirt floor and live in a compound. I like the idea of them wearing pink also to distinguish who they are when they are working on the chain gang on our public roads. I think most of the county citizens would go along with this. What do others think about this?
way to go

London, KY

#5 Aug 27, 2011
Great job! Keep up the good work!
Jan

Leavenworth, IN

#6 Aug 27, 2011
whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
we have got to get a hold of this meth problem someway. these people are ruining wayne county. I would like to Sheriff Boston set up a tent city like the sheriff has in Arizona. all the meth heads would go there, live in tents on a dirt floor and live in a compound. I like the idea of them wearing pink also to distinguish who they are when they are working on the chain gang on our public roads. I think most of the county citizens would go along with this. What do others think about this?
I really don't care how they do it, just do something! This is a dangerous and disgraceful epidemic! I agree, the Meth heads have ruined this town worse than any thing that has ever happened here. The pot was nothing compared to this! All our lives are in danger from this! A stiff penalty not less than 10 years in prison needs to be mandatory! No probation, no fines! Just hard time! Yet the sad thing is they are going to get a slap on the wrist just like the pot growers because there aren't enough jail cells to put them all in. The criminals know this and they just aren't scared enough to care!!Hope YOUR neighbor's house don't go boom in the middle of the night and burn yours down too!! Think people!

“ LIVE and LEARN”

Since: Mar 11

Cincinnati,Ohio

#7 Aug 27, 2011
MY GRAND CHILDREN HAVE BEEN SWIMMING DOWN AT BERTRAMS LANDING ALL

SUMMER AND NOW THERE HAVE BEEN NEEDLES FOUND DOWN THERE. I HATE

THIS AND HOPE THAT WHOMEVER HAS BEEN DOWN THERE GETS CAUGHT AND

GETS FINED FOR LITTERING AS WELL AS DRUG CHARGES. THIS HAS RUINED

A FAMILY SWIMMING PLACE FOR OUR COMMUNITY. I HEARD THEY ARRESTED A

MAN FOR HAVE A METHE LAB CLOSE TO DOWN THERE BUT DONT KNOW IF HE

IS THE ONE THAT DID THIS. I WIH THEY ALL LIVED IN A TENT CITY

WHERE THEY HAD TO DIG FOR WORMS FOR FOOD.
sickened

London, KY

#9 Aug 27, 2011
More Meth cookers at it again with 2 small children present. Are these people NEVER going to learn the danger they are putting these innocent kids in...but then again--they DON"T care!This is a shame and it sickening!!! How many more kids are going to pay the price for these so called parents actions? This really upsets me to no end....these are innocent kids who are being exposed to toxic and all the other dangers that go along with it.What's a solution to this? How do we as humans protect these kids? Any ideas? So many of them need our help...and yet I feel helpless. There has to be an answer.....
All that

Leavenworth, IN

#10 Aug 27, 2011
sickened wrote:
More Meth cookers at it again with 2 small children present. Are these people NEVER going to learn the danger they are putting these innocent kids in...but then again--they DON"T care!This is a shame and it sickening!!! How many more kids are going to pay the price for these so called parents actions? This really upsets me to no end....these are innocent kids who are being exposed to toxic and all the other dangers that go along with it.What's a solution to this? How do we as humans protect these kids? Any ideas? So many of them need our help...and yet I feel helpless. There has to be an answer.....
As a Lex. news reporter said, you could be just sitting at a stop light and the car next to you explode into flames. I agree the penalties are not severe enough to scare anyone. This is getting so out of control! Wasn't the little child that drank the liquid fire enough incentive to want to hang these people? New reason to break into homes now...to steal your cleaning products!
38 special

Mount Pleasant, IA

#11 Aug 27, 2011
Vigilantes? Who would miss them? Their children would be happier to be in a stable home with meals and the necessitites of life that they no doubt have now. Sad to say but people have been killed for a lot lesser crimes. And there are innocent people in jail that have done nothing so I would not care what happens to these scumbags. Wish we could hunt them down one by one. They are worst than the any disease that has ever hit the earth.
sickened

London, KY

#12 Aug 27, 2011
38 special wrote:
Vigilantes? Who would miss them? Their children would be happier to be in a stable home with meals and the necessitites of life that they no doubt have now. Sad to say but people have been killed for a lot lesser crimes. And there are innocent people in jail that have done nothing so I would not care what happens to these scumbags. Wish we could hunt them down one by one. They are worst than the any disease that has ever hit the earth.
I agree with your post...and the kids would be MUCH better off in a safe stable home but what it they don't survive to make it to a safe home or the toxic chemicals have already done damage to them? This is so out of control....and kids are the ones who suffer the most.So Sad!!!
sickened

London, KY

#13 Aug 27, 2011
...pc has a mind of it's own tonight...it posted twice.....hmmmmm
system

London, KY

#14 Aug 28, 2011
If all these people making meth get put in jail who pays for it? The meth makers or tax-payers? I personally think we need to go back in time a few years and learn how to tie a hangmans noose and scope out a few tall trees and build a few platforms for them to stand on(With trap doors.) But then again I dont think we have any law makers that would go along with that! I will have to say this much, something does need to be done about the meth problem! The tall trees and nooses would be best bet! Just my opinion!
sickened

London, KY

#15 Aug 28, 2011
system wrote:
If all these people making meth get put in jail who pays for it? The meth makers or tax-payers? I personally think we need to go back in time a few years and learn how to tie a hangmans noose and scope out a few tall trees and build a few platforms for them to stand on(With trap doors.) But then again I dont think we have any law makers that would go along with that! I will have to say this much, something does need to be done about the meth problem! The tall trees and nooses would be best bet! Just my opinion!
I agree!
just tired

London, KY

#16 Aug 28, 2011
stop the plea deals and rehabs for the p.f.o. and let them serve there time somewhere besides the wayne co. jail where the families cant help them everytime they call home with there lies
James jr

Leavenworth, IN

#17 Aug 28, 2011
just tired wrote:
stop the plea deals and rehabs for the p.f.o. and let them serve there time somewhere besides the wayne co. jail where the families cant help them everytime they call home with there lies
If nothing else how about if you are busted for Meth Making you are ordered to leave our County and never be able to return again!!That will help thin them out! Make a well known list with pictures so it will be hard for them to sneak back without being reported.
would probably

London, KY

#18 Aug 28, 2011
Work but wouldnt it just be sending our troubles else where? Thats not a solution.
patrol car

Brooksville, FL

#20 Aug 28, 2011
Cuff the punks and lock 'em up. Feed 'em baloney sandwiches.

just a thought

London, KY

#21 Aug 28, 2011
But how would a sheriffs ranch work! Something like they have in south Ga,and northern Fl, First time offenders of meth pull a full 1 year sentence repeaters get more time! might work lol the meth heads would sure have to work! Let them get out and sweat from 5am til 5pm. No visitors!
just a thought

London, KY

#22 Aug 28, 2011
Chain gang style!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monticello Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 5 min another viewer 167,700
Hot guy in blue chevy truck 3 hr Jackson Browne 6
Affair at the Monticello Post Office 3 hr Brennen 13
Walmart closing??? 18 hr Lol 15
Live music 18 hr Music 7
Old drug addict 22 hr He drives Chevy t... 1
66 indictments Thu Ashley 30

Monticello Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Monticello Mortgages