First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Carolyn Harrison

Oak Hill, OH

#1 Feb 12, 2010
Thanks to all of you who voiced support and wrote letters to the Parole Board asking that Emma Bertram not be released. We heard yesterday that the Parole Board ordered her to serve her time without asking for parole again - as a family we are terribly relieved not to have to go through that again! They told us on Monday they had received over a hundred letters asking that she be required to serve her time for the accident in which she killed my nephew, Eric Adkins. All we wanted was for her to honor her part of the plea bargain - 10 years. She won't serve quite that much due to some kind of legality, but she won't see daylight for five more years! Thanks...we sincerely appreciate everyone's thoughts and assistance.
Everyone knows

Pella, IA

#2 Feb 12, 2010
May God be with you and your family.I hope this brings comfort to each of you! I just wonder if she ever took the time to say she was sorry. Looks like that would mean alot.
Neighbor

Bolivar, MO

#3 Feb 14, 2010
That's good but 10yrs is not enough time I think she should have got life.
we all know

London, KY

#4 Feb 14, 2010
now that you _it_ches and _strds got what you wanted how you gonna spend your sorry ass time talking about someone else on hereyour life must suck to spend all youir time on topix lmao ' and oh yes you all did a really good job i dont know who you all had to blow for what you did but job well done .emmas 90 year old mother sits in nursing home every day crying saying i wont ever see my daughter again. but pieces of shit like you all dont care about something like that PISSSS ON YOU ALLLLL
Money in tha Bank

London, KY

#5 Feb 14, 2010
we all know wrote:
now that you _it_ches and _strds got what you wanted how you gonna spend your sorry ass time talking about someone else on hereyour life must suck to spend all youir time on topix lmao ' and oh yes you all did a really good job i dont know who you all had to blow for what you did but job well done .emmas 90 year old mother sits in nursing home every day crying saying i wont ever see my daughter again. but pieces of shit like you all dont care about something like that PISSSS ON YOU ALLLLL
For all that money that was paid out for Emma's attorney, it sure didn't help, at all. Sometimes the "big-shot" lawyers are not worth
a sheet in court, but in name only!!
larry

Elizabethtown, KY

#6 Feb 14, 2010
we all know wrote:
So should everybody who did wrong and are in prison be let out just because they have a family??????
cajun

Manchester, KY

#7 Feb 14, 2010
we all know wrote:
I AGREE!!! She's in jail doing her time....as she should. The talking & gossip needs to stop, no point going on & on about it, she's paying her dues. I'm sorry for the 90 yr. old
Mother, I'm sure her heart is broken by her daughter's actions. But you know what... A much younger Mother will NEVER see her young son again on this earth,he didn't have a chnace to live---Em took care of that for him. So don't boo-hoo about Mothers---there's more than one involved here that hurts just as much it not more.... Let it go----------
heyya

Brookville, PA

#8 Feb 14, 2010
well the aunt should have never started it on here everyone knows wat happens when its put on topix..
alcohol free

Manchester, KY

#9 Feb 14, 2010
Carolyn Harrison wrote:
Thanks to all of you who voiced support and wrote letters to the Parole Board asking that Emma Bertram not be released. We heard yesterday that the Parole Board ordered her to serve her time without asking for parole again - as a family we are terribly relieved not to have to go through that again! They told us on Monday they had received over a hundred letters asking that she be required to serve her time for the accident in which she killed my nephew, Eric Adkins. All we wanted was for her to honor her part of the plea bargain - 10 years. She won't serve quite that much due to some kind of legality, but she won't see daylight for five more years! Thanks...we sincerely appreciate everyone's thoughts and assistance.
I have a question for you. Someone told me that one of your close family members wrecked her vehicle last summer and was drunk and driving and was put in the hospital for awhile. Is this true? The lady was suppose to be living either with or near you middle aged is this true? Just wondering. I am sorry about your nephew.
Adam

Nicholasville, KY

#10 Feb 14, 2010
Sometimes people can get really tied up in thier emotions. Have you ever done wrong, had an incident you will have to take with you to the maker for judgement. Emma; sober, is one of the kindest, soft hearted persons any one could ever have as a friend. Carolyn your hatered will certainly be the pattern you will take with you. Emma pays daily with that terrible accident on her mind, in or out of jail. There are to many crimes that go unpunished by people with no concious. Maybe you should do some soul searching not only God can forgive.
judi

Elizabethtown, KY

#11 Feb 15, 2010
I haven't seen anything hatred out of Carolyn. She states the facts.
Joe

Nicholasville, KY

#13 Feb 15, 2010
If no hate?? why petition people to write letters to keep Emma in jail. Carolyn is a good person. Only she no's here own story. My apology, but Miss Emma has paid, Set her free.
Big Cat

Manchester, KY

#14 Feb 15, 2010
Joe wrote:
If no hate?? why petition people to write letters to keep Emma in jail. Carolyn is a good person. Only she no's here own story. My apology, but Miss Emma has paid, Set her free.
Sorry but she needs to pull her FULL sentance, then maybe you can say she has paid....not yet though!!!
Get Real

London, KY

#15 Feb 15, 2010
Joe wrote:
People could have wrote letters to release her from jail too.
Maybe her family should have done more if they truely believed that she deserved to be free. Everything Emma got, she did to herself and quite frankly I think she got off way to easy...
Neighbor

Brodhead, KY

#17 Feb 16, 2010
Joe wrote:
No she has not paid 10yrs is not enough time a person lost there life and never be back but Emma can still see her family.
heart broken

Somerset, KY

#18 Feb 16, 2010
we all know wrote:
AMEN hope you all are happy
heart broken

Somerset, KY

#19 Feb 16, 2010
cajun wrote:
<quoted text>I AGREE!!! She's in jail doing her time....as she should. The talking & gossip needs to stop, no point going on & on about it, she's paying her dues. I'm sorry for the 90 yr. old
Mother, I'm sure her heart is broken by her daughter's actions. But you know what... A much younger Mother will NEVER see her young son again on this earth,he didn't have a chnace to live---Em took care of that for him. So don't boo-hoo about Mothers---there's more than one involved here that hurts just as much it not more.... Let it go----------
maybe his mother shouldnt of thrown him out of her home maybe he wouldnt be dead maybe thats her biggest problem emma is serving her time leave her alone her being in jail is not gonna lessen the mothers guilt she will have to deal with that and if emma spent the rest of her life in jail it wont take back what his mother did some mother
mother

London, KY

#20 Feb 16, 2010
any mother who loses a SON has life the hurting dont stop in 10 year i no i lost my son may GOD bless you and keep you
wired up

London, KY

#21 Feb 16, 2010
alcohol free wrote:
<quoted text>
I have a question for you. Someone told me that one of your close family members wrecked her vehicle last summer and was drunk and driving and was put in the hospital for awhile. Is this true? The lady was suppose to be living either with or near you middle aged is this true? Just wondering. I am sorry about your nephew.
seems as if skeletons are coming out of the closet that are hiden what is the difference between one drunk driver and anothr???? could the same results take place from the condemers who are putting emma down
There

Russell Springs, KY

#22 Feb 16, 2010
I'm guessing none of you that are on here supporting Emma's release saw any part of the accident that day. I did. Those are memories that will forever be burnt into my mind. That being said, and after seeing what I saw, 10 years isn't long enough. I pray that none of you have to have to lose a loved one in that fashion or witness anything as horrid. As for Emma, I pray she holds onto sobriety once she's free and is able to mold herself into a contributing member of society...both of which will be totally new territory for her.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monticello Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 1 hr Calhoun 171,887
Laura Goodman Gray (Nov '16) 4 hr beentheredoneher 15
The Green eyed girl at Huddle House 5 hr WhyMe38 7
Food stamps and work 8 hr Lego Maniac 27
needing a stove and refrigerator for free or cheap (Jul '14) 9 hr Star 38
Dog breeder 14 hr hot dog 2
#1 snitch (Mar '17) 18 hr Patriotic 10

Monticello Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Monticello Mortgages