Alleged targeting by multiple IRS off...

Alleged targeting by multiple IRS offices

There are 4 comments on the WLWT-TV Cincinnati story from May 14, 2013, titled Alleged targeting by multiple IRS offices. In it, WLWT-TV Cincinnati reports that:

While the Internal Revenue Service has admitted that members of its Cincinnati office engaged in political targeting of some conservative groups, documents suggest at least three other offices did the same.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WLWT-TV Cincinnati.

Kyboy

Latonia, KY

#1 May 14, 2013
Alleged targeting. Anybody with any common sense knows the republicans were being targeted all along during the election period.

Funny now that the election is over how obama says this intolerable.
Kyboy

Latonia, KY

#3 May 17, 2013
The woman whose question prompted a top Internal Revenue Service official to admit the agency was inappropriately targeting conservative groups says she was contacted prior to the event that elicited the admission and was directed to ask the question.

Celia Roady, a prominent tax lawyer in the firm of Morgan Lewis, said she was called personally by Lois Lerner, the IRS head of the tax exempt division, on May 9.

"I received a call from Lois Lerner, who told me that she wanted to address an issue after her prepared remarks at the [American Bar Association] Tax Section's Exempt Organizations Committee Meeting, and asked if I would pose a question to her after her remarks," Roady said in a statement to U.S. News and World Report. "I agreed to do so, and she then gave me the question that I asked at the meeting the next day. We had no discussion thereafter on the topic of the question, nor had we spoken about any of this before I received her call. She did not tell me, and I did not know, how she would answer the question."
Pops

Newport, KY

#4 Jun 8, 2013
Chicago style politics Haven't changed since the 1880's. No shame.
woa

Williamsburg, OH

#5 Jun 8, 2013
ouch

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Montgomery Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 74% of African-American children poverty strick... 5 hr car007 33
Pain Clinics Beware of Knox County, Ky Drug Dea... 5 hr Fed Up 1
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 6 hr Real Madrid 20,111
News Hillary Clinton to make September trip to Cinci... 9 hr car007 126
Adult Children Ignore Me (Sep '13) Thu Nunya 33
MMA Fighters Thu RayS 1
News Cincinnati to offer paid parental leave to city... Thu Frugal 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Montgomery Mortgages