The 'Grey's Anatomy' of a spin-off

The 'Grey's Anatomy' of a spin-off

There are 4 comments on the Newsday story from May 3, 2007, titled The 'Grey's Anatomy' of a spin-off. In it, Newsday reports that:

Television spin-offs are a tricky business. For every success like "Frasier," which was birthed by "Cheers," there's a "Tortellis" flop of the same lineage.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

kiikimonk

Burbank, CA

#1 May 3, 2007
the spin-off blew. addison should stick with greys as long as it lasts.
Tom

United States

#2 May 5, 2007
It was McBoring
Thumbs Down

Stamford, CT

#3 May 5, 2007
If you want to call it a spin off, then do it in another show. The writers didn't know what they were doing. I felt lost and frankly bored with the new cast members and the script. The main characters of Grey's had bit parts where there the new ones didn't interest me. Oh and here is a dose of ridiculous, a total stranger - pregnant stranger trusts ONLY Addison to perform surgery. Puleaase. What a let down.
Something New

United States

#4 May 6, 2007
I'm sad to see Addison leaving Grey's, but I kinda like the new cast. Granted Grey's cast is better and we also know more about them, but this spin off has some potential. Not to mention Tim Daly and Kate Walsh look great together, Taye Diggs is GREAT, and the surfer guy...enough said! The spin off will never be as good as Grey's, its my favorite show, but I think its just something new and exciting to watch and Grey's has a big change to pull in their audience!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Montgomery Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Orange Confidential: County holds hearings on K... Aug 10 Al1a 2
News GOSHEN a " Orange County has expanded its elect... Aug 8 neil 1
Broadlea School Of Goshen (Oct '09) Jul '17 Mary Callaghan 43
News Police: Girls beat woman for fun in upstate New... (Jan '13) Jul '17 Realist 18
News Orange County dairy farm comes to sad end (Aug '10) Jun '17 Yentz 6
News Stop-work order issued for construction site wh... Jun '17 Lets_Improve_Safety 1
News Ba burg residents seek resignations Jun '17 Moshe Aron Kesten... 1

Montgomery Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Montgomery Mortgages