Milton

Boise, ID

#646 Dec 9, 2012
Ill definatly be reading your page Bill!
With your passion and commitment to Jim and Maury im sure it will be a success and there is a crying shortage of places for Jim and Maury's fans to go on the net both old ones and new ones.
Ill also be checking in here more often,personal drama has kept me away from the computer lately im afraid.
Jawbreaker,I hope all is well with you one thing about rough patches is eventually things ALWAYS get better,Ive had plenty of reminders of that lately.
Hang in there brother.
This thread would be a poorer place without your input.
Milton

Boise, ID

#647 Dec 9, 2012
You know another thing that would be cool for your page Bill is if folks could submit photos of Jim and Maury they may have.
As ive mentioned Im also a fan of Buddy Holly and new pics of him in concert STILL show up from time to time and thats from the 1950's.
There has to be million color Kodak Instamatic shots out there of Jim and Maury playing live in peoples scrapbooks and so forth.
That kind of personal photography was really coming into its own in the early 70's.
If you look at google images its always just the same bunch of shots weve seen a million times even on the official site ,it would be nice to see some new candids,there must be tons out there.
How about some color back stage shots?
You cant tell me no one ever had a little kodak camera on them after a gig at one of the venues.
How about the school paper photographers and year book photographers at the colleges they played at?
Something to dream about anyway!

Since: Aug 11

Philadelphia, PA

#648 Dec 9, 2012
Milton wrote:
You know another thing that would be cool for your page Bill is if folks could submit photos of Jim and Maury they may have.
As ive mentioned Im also a fan of Buddy Holly and new pics of him in concert STILL show up from time to time and thats from the 1950's.
There has to be million color Kodak Instamatic shots out there of Jim and Maury playing live in peoples scrapbooks and so forth.
That kind of personal photography was really coming into its own in the early 70's.
If you look at google images its always just the same bunch of shots weve seen a million times even on the official site ,it would be nice to see some new candids,there must be tons out there.
How about some color back stage shots?
You cant tell me no one ever had a little kodak camera on them after a gig at one of the venues.
How about the school paper photographers and year book photographers at the colleges they played at?
Something to dream about anyway!
Ah it's so good to see you Daddy MILTON again. lol I'm happy to see that you are hip to Fans of Jim Croce by upperdarbybill on facebook. If you visited did you tour any of the photo or video gallery's? I agree with you about the "same old, same old" public pictures. While the gallery has some common published pics I created some from concert and TV footage. Also I posted original prints that were custom made for me. One being a b/w water color by artist 'Patrick Carney' in 1976. The new f.b. page welcomes comments and stories from all that visit. It changes regularly. If you e-mail me @ [email protected] I will send you good pics you'll enjoy and we can talk privately as what would not be for this forum. I'm looking to see all here at MILTON's forum to visit Jim Croce's new facebook page and "LIKE" and leave comments.
Jawbreaker

Anniston, AL

#649 Dec 9, 2012
"Things are spinning round me and all my thoughts are cloudy and I have begun to doubt all the things that were me." here's another reason why the music of Jim and Maury are embedded in my heart. Decades later and another song just seems to hit home to describe the trials of life and bring more meaning to the music from our friends. How could they capture so much feeling and express it so well and put the music with it? Simply amazing!
milton

Boise, ID

#650 Dec 10, 2012
upperdarbybill wrote:
<quoted text>Ah it's so good to see you Daddy MILTON again. lol I'm happy to see that you are hip to Fans of Jim Croce by upperdarbybill on facebook. If you visited did you tour any of the photo or video gallery's? I agree with you about the "same old, same old" public pictures. While the gallery has some common published pics I created some from concert and TV footage. Also I posted original prints that were custom made for me. One being a b/w water color by artist 'Patrick Carney' in 1976. The new f.b. page welcomes comments and stories from all that visit. It changes regularly. If you e-mail me @ [email protected] I will send you good pics you'll enjoy and we can talk privately as what would not be for this forum. I'm looking to see all here at MILTON's forum to visit Jim Croce's new facebook page and "LIKE" and leave comments.
I havent been able to visit yet but I certainly will,I have time off and actually have access to my computer(yay!) so you can bet I will.
Im looking forward to it!
I also have to make a new email account and as soon as I do Ill forward the e-address to you.Keep up the good work!
milton

Boise, ID

#651 Dec 10, 2012
Jawbreaker wrote:
"Things are spinning round me and all my thoughts are cloudy and I have begun to doubt all the things that were me." here's another reason why the music of Jim and Maury are embedded in my heart. Decades later and another song just seems to hit home to describe the trials of life and bring more meaning to the music from our friends. How could they capture so much feeling and express it so well and put the music with it? Simply amazing!
Youve hit upon exactly how I define 'Art':
When you create something from a true and genuine feeling or emotion or experience within yourself and it reaches someone else and resonates that exact feeling inside them and there is a moment of recognition because they have felt or experienced it as well.
Thats the stuff that endures and stands the test of time while fads and trends come and go.
Jim had that process down to a fine Art which is why so many of us have such a personal connection to his music.
Jawbreaker

Anniston, AL

#652 Dec 11, 2012
milton wrote:
<quoted text>Youve hit upon exactly how I define 'Art':
When you create something from a true and genuine feeling or emotion or experience within yourself and it reaches someone else and resonates that exact feeling inside them and there is a moment of recognition because they have felt or experienced it as well.
Thats the stuff that endures and stands the test of time while fads and trends come and go.
Jim had that process down to a fine Art which is why so many of us have such a personal connection to his music.
Couldn't have been said any better or felt more by your reply Milton. Thank-you!
Skidmark

Pasadena, TX

#653 Dec 13, 2012
upperdarbybill wrote:
<quoted text>Hi "SKIDMARK" I know you do not know me or maybe have read some of my posts and replies of my school and neighborhood pal but I have a sincere request of you today. In February of 81 I hitched hiked to N.S.U. and just kinda walked around but could not bring myself to visit that airstrip. I had those same feelings that you experienced. My request is, and if it can be done, to ask you for pictures of Prather inside and out that you could take. Also the airport and any plaques that exist. I promise you that this request is of a personal nature and not of any commercial act. My e-mail address is [email protected] I am a true and real friend of Jimmy's relatives here in Pennsylvania
Greetings UpperDarbyBill. I apologize for my delayed response to your request. The next time I visit Natchitoches, I will get pictures of Prather and the airport and send them to you. It may be a bit, since my daughter is home for Christmas break, but I will remember.

Philadelphia, PA

#654 Dec 14, 2012
Yo, yo! I have finally launched my first 2 Jim Croce songs on You Tube earlier this week. One problem I noticed is that it does not appear in the regular "Jim Croce" line up list left of the comments. I ask for help to correct this dilemma as I want viewers to know of the new videos and the ones to come. 2 ways I've found to view are 'Google' Jim Croce Operator and Jim Croce You Don't Mess Around With Jim or go directly to my You Tube channel upperdarbybill. Please notify me here or e-mail @ hotmail.com or my channel if you encounter problems. Thank you all at 'Milton's family
Jawbreaker

United States

#655 Dec 15, 2012
upperdarbybill wrote:
Yo, yo! I have finally launched my first 2 Jim Croce songs on You Tube earlier this week. One problem I noticed is that it does not appear in the regular "Jim Croce" line up list left of the comments. I ask for help to correct this dilemma as I want viewers to know of the new videos and the ones to come. 2 ways I've found to view are 'Google' Jim Croce Operator and Jim Croce You Don't Mess Around With Jim or go directly to my You

Tube channel upperdarbybill. Please notify me

here or e-mail @ hotmail.com or my channel if
you encounter problems. Thank you all at
'Milton's family
If you go to upperdarby bill you will find them also. Thanks bill you Are keeping the memories burning bright
jawbreaker

Tucker, GA

#656 Dec 27, 2012
The fire leeps burning, the memories go stronger, the music gets better.EVen after 40 plus years i can listen and never tire of their music. ITS astounding to listen to the music and hear maurys harmonies you never heard before or to discover new sounds in the music you never realized before.what i find the most in their music is how it always has and continues to make you feel like the song or songs fits whats going on in your life it touches your very soul and you lnow thats exactly how you feel in the words of their songs.THe message, the beautiful blending of their voices and of course the undeniable blend and sound of their unique guitars. What else can explain our lifetime bond with two men that we wish everday wete still with us? Keep their music playing, their memories in our minds and our love for them will alwaus remain and we will alwaus remember.
bobby

Shreveport, LA

#657 Jan 2, 2013
Lucky Lady wrote:
My best friends sister was attending NSU at the time and actually has a piece of the plane.
I think it would be neat if Natchitoches did something in his memory on Sept. 20. Doesn't seem like 35 years ago. My how time flies!
1971 was more than 35 years ago, he was killed in 1971
jawbreaker

United States

#658 Jan 3, 2013
Wanna talk aboit two artist that made an impact not only in the music world but life in general?IN an 18 month span recorded three stidio lp's.the last finished one week befote they left this world. On september 20, 1973 after finishing a makeup concert because of illness, jim and maurys chartered plane went down leaving all of is in complete disbelief.According to many reports this concert was rescheduled because of their integrity and commitment.it is also confirmed though their popularity was huge, the concert was done for the price the first concert was agreed upon.
January 10. And january 14 marks a special day to all those who know of these men. Had they lived jim would be 70 and maury 64 on their birthdates. More years have past (39) than years of their lives.lets remember and celebrate them on these dates and everyday.lets be thankful and feel a great pleasure to know them and their music.remember one week befote they left this world they gave us music that will last our lifetime. If i could tell them anything it would be thanks guys,your life made a difference and though many years have passed we have loved and missed you everyday since youve been gone.last i would tell them, i will aleays remember
Do you remember too?!
bigfan

Natchitoches, LA

#659 Jan 7, 2013
Awesome tunes. Timeless classics
jawbreaker

Tucker, GA

#660 Jan 10, 2013
Today is a special day to remember jim and MAury..Had they livedtoday would mark jim croces birthday .HE would be 70 years old.0n thr 14th maury would br 64. FROM A HUMAN standpoint we ask why anfd feel cheated.lets leave everyones human life as valuable.and to reach those in need and remember.Not only did they treat those around them with love and respect but left many whom they will never know music of their lifetime The misic frienships,.their love and their complete story is a part of my heart and mind.I will aleays remember!
simonnea

Eureka, CA

#661 Jan 10, 2013
Today would have been Jim's 70th birthday. Hard to believe so much time has gone by since Jim and Maury were taken from us. And it's so sad that they can't be here celebrating with their families and friends. I'm so grateful to still have their music in my life, and I listened to it all day today. When I hear their music I feel connected to both of them, and it feels like they are not really gone, just away for a while. Jim and Maury's music keeps them alive in our hearts, and I hope they'll be remembered for a long, long time.
Ritter

Germantown, MD

#662 Jan 11, 2013
Does anyone know if "Leroy Brown" has ever been identified? I assume he would have been a Black guy since he was from the South side of Chicago and since his name is Leroy, lol. It would be cool if someone tracked him down all these years later and interviewed him about his interaction with Jim Croce.

Simonnea, I can't believe he would be 70! Wow. Time has really flown and he lost out on so much life. It is so unfair.

Philadelphia, PA

#663 Jan 12, 2013
Ritter wrote:
Does anyone know if "Leroy Brown" has ever been identified? I assume he would have been a Black guy since he was from the South side of Chicago and since his name is Leroy, lol. It would be cool if someone tracked him down all these years later and interviewed him about his interaction with Jim Croce.
Simonnea, I can't believe he would be 70! Wow. Time has really flown and he lost out on so much life. It is so unfair.
Leroy is or was a real person in Jim's life. Rumor had been that 'Leroy Brown' had sang back up vocals on "You Don't Mess Around With Jim".'Slim' McCoy, the character in that song did sing back up on "Bad, Bad Leroy Brown". Ingrid Croce - Rock's new book has Leroy being Jims sargeant in the Army Reserves at Ft. Dix N.J. Jim's story is Brown went A.W.O.L. and got caught when he came to get his pay check. lol
jawbreaker

United States

#664 Jan 12, 2013
Heres a bit of news maybe you didnt know yet.
I WAS ASKED to go to the movies so i decided to go and get out.we went and saw the movie django starring jamie foxx. The movie was rough in the language but much to my suprise about the middle of the movie here it came.jim and maury" i got a name".39 years since they left and in between their birthdays, i get suprised with their song in the movie.their music and memories still making a big mark.yes, we remember!!!
Mary Muehleisen

Mastic, NY

#665 Jan 14, 2013
Thank you to those of you who are kind enough to remember Maury and Jim throughout the year and especially at the time of their birthdates. Jim would have been 70 this past Thursday and my brother Maury would have been 64 today. Sure wish I didn't have to celebrate it without him here, but I will visit his gravesite and listen to his music and recall sweet memories of our years together.
Peace and Love,
Mary

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Montgomery Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Domestic abuse 5 min Cookie Lyon 10
Trailer/MobileHome/House for Rent ?! 1 hr Wonderingyo 9
NJHS faculty need a reality check 8 hr trace 12
People stare at people way to much 12 hr Tugboat 6
Bye Felicia Tue Kaylie 4
Miniature Schnauzers are the worst dogs ever (Feb '08) May 23 EBJR2 105
Barry LaCaze child raper May 23 Cookie Lyon 15

Montgomery Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance