Jawbreaker

Anniston, AL

#626 Oct 20, 2012
To everyone, I hope by now you all know what Jim and Maury has meant in my life! I know there will never be another. I hope many come here to tell how they feel and how the music changed their life.
It is with much regret I will no longer make any posts here due to personal reasons. God bless you all and I hope the memories keep going!!!
tommyvee

United States

#627 Oct 20, 2012
I have always been a huge fan of Jim Maury and Ingred. Their music always brings me back to a better time and place- childhood. Recently I have fallen in love with their more serious songs... the ones that a young boy couldn't understand and appreciate
After reading "Time in a Bottle" this summer I became even more totally interested in their lives and music.

This past summer I was at a meeting in Philly and took the time to drive through one of Jim's old neighborhoods and it was an amazing experience. I thought about going to Jim's grave and saying. A prayer there but I had mixed emotions about going there. I did not want to

be disrespectful going there as a fan that never had the opportunity to meet him.
I also recently purchased a signed copy of the lyrics to the song "Time in a bottle" supposidly from an aging doctor friend of Jim's who hung out with him at a pharmacy
Thank you to all that knew Jim Maury and Ingred for telling us more about the people that have helped us through difficult tomes in our life with their words and song. May God bless and may they rest in peace

Since: Aug 11

Philadelphia, PA

#628 Oct 20, 2012
Jawbreaker wrote:
To everyone, I hope by now you all know what Jim and Maury has meant in my life! I know there will never be another. I hope many come here to tell how they feel and how the music changed their life.
It is with much regret I will no longer make any posts here due to personal reasons. God bless you all and I hope the memories keep going!!!
No. Say this isn't so. Thaks for your warning but I must express my stinkin' opinion thogh from the heart. I observed this forum only a few years back, some 2 years after this forum began. Created by "MILTON", this site has introduced me to a aray of Croce/Muehleisen fans, lovers and watchers and you my friend is the very soul that interested me to join and have not looked back. Your posts are always laced with real warmth, heart, feelings and truth. I'll bet more feed back will respond to this sudden resigning. We need to talk. This site needs "JAWBRAKER"
Jawbreaker

United States

#629 Oct 23, 2012
I apologize recently for deciding not to post again for awhile.not only does this and other like sites give me the change to learn more about my heroes.it gives me great pleasure to have met a few wonderful people,that feels the same as I and understands the Croce- muehleisen connection.it helps me relax, think about a better time in life.get away from it all. That's why I realize I can share, listen and enjoy it all. Anything related to Jim and Maury I usually love to know about. So times are tough but even myself, need to focus on good in life and what's right. We all have wrongs and many can focus on that or try and see the rainbows and believe tomorrows gonna be a brighter day.even in the battles of life, that seems to make everything a little brighter. We need to run the race and never look over your shoulder and dwell on the bad.know, we all come from Adams seed and will never be perfect.
It's alwaYs been a pleasure to come here and just relax. Thanks to you all and I'm still remembering!!!
Jawbreaker

United States

#630 Nov 1, 2012
We are all thinking and praying for family, friends and strangers all on the east coast. May they know in the midst of it all gods hand is upon them.many audible and silent prayers reach the great throne room in heaven on their behalf.
It is great to believe that we are born from an imperishable seed and though life is hard our faith is upon things unseen.
I find it a joy to always remember our friends that brought many people happiness.we do not understand why Jim and Maury left so soon and completely unexpected but we can surely enjoy their time here.they would want us all to remember them by their lives, stories and music.that's why I do always remember them.
Jawbreaker

United States

#631 Nov 14, 2012
Thanks you upper Darby bill for your always kind words and your encouragement to continue on. Thanks to Milton, simonea and the many other that have shared stories and thoughts and ideas about the forum here. I know many have found the stories to be fascinating. Thanks to all who have came and never spoken a word but have found this thread refreshing to their heart and mind and their memories of our friends.
Every day many of us remember Jim and Maury and think of them leaving us with sadness. We also remember them with a thankful heart overflowing with the richness
we have because of them. The many who had a
personal relationship with them and many who never knew them but have learned their humbling life's story, we all can never forget.
Thanks to all who have shared the music and stories in a positive light. We keep looking to find more, we keep remembering and we keep enjoying these two men who made a positive impact in out heart, mind, life and soul. Many of us will always remember!!!
Jawbreaker

Anniston, AL

#632 Nov 19, 2012
I'm still remembering and still longing for my musical heroes.I will never forget, never stop admiring and never stop telling everyone I can about Jim and Maury.please share your stories and keep the fire burning.there's never a day their music and memories aren't in my heart and mind. Why after 39 plus years is the heartache and pain still haunting me? Lots Iof unanswered questions but their lives are burning just as bright now as back then.I cannot compare any artist to them.I will forever remember my friends!
Lee Ann

Sarnia, Canada

#633 Nov 21, 2012
Hey y'all.
Long time.
Bill, which facebook page is yours?
Jawbreaker, hope whatever personal craziness was going on has settled down.
Everyone else, hello.
I've been told, though I don't know how reliable the source is, to look into the musical acts that CANCELLED at the NSU after the crash, implying that live shows being scaled down for a while was not the action of the school, and then find out "why". Anyone live near by or attend the school that could do the first part of this for me? I'll do the rest. I also have someone in the industry that I've been told to talk to but keep missing each others phone calls.
Will keep you all posted,
God bless,
L.A.

Philadelphia, PA

#634 Nov 21, 2012
Lee Ann wrote:
Hey y'all.
Long time.
Everyone else, hello.
I've been told, though I don't know how reliable the source is, to look into the musical acts that CANCELLED at the NSU after the crash, implying that live shows being scaled down for a while was not the action of the school, and then find out "why". Anyone live near by or attend the school that could do the first part of this for me? I'll do the rest. I also have someone in the industry that I've been told to talk to but keep missing each others phone calls.
God bless,L.A.
Hey Lee Ann thank you for your interest. On 'facebook' you can type in Fans Of Jim Croce. This will open the page. I'm new at managing a page like this so take your time and open everything. I do change and add stuff all the time. Please hit the "Like" of the main page and your comments will be welcomed so much. Should you have any difficulties add by upperdarbybill after the title.
Jawbreaker

Anniston, AL

#635 Nov 23, 2012
Hello everyone, Bill,did you ever get my post on your page?To everyone Bill is a fan from decades ago who lives in jims old neighborhood.go to fans of Jim Croce on Facebook. There is also fans of Maury Muehleisen on Facebook also. These two sites along with Maurys sisterAt maurymuehleisen.com
Enjoy these sites and remember our friends.
Also would like to ask has anyone personally seen the plaque anywhere on cAmpus at nwsu in Jim and Maurys memories? Would anyone know the whereabouts of such plaque?can anyone verify anything about a memorial there now or ever before?the memorial at natchitoches regional airport is beautiful but my thoughts are the campus should have already had one in a secure spot. Anyone that may can help and be willing your help will be deeply appreciated
Joe

Bel Air, MD

#636 Nov 26, 2012
Hayes wrote:
Doug Nichols of cloutierville la. was a student at NSU at the time and he was the one that took him to his plane
That would make Doug 15 years old while driving his GTO.....don't think so....
Joe

Rosedale, MD

#637 Nov 27, 2012
Jawbreaker wrote:
....it is never a dream or hopeless to expect wrong to be made right....
Very, very well said.
Joe

Rosedale, MD

#638 Nov 27, 2012
Joe wrote:
<quoted text>
That would make Doug 15 years old while driving his GTO.....don't think so....
That would make THIS DOUG - I should say - 15 years old then.....
Joe

Rosedale, MD

#639 Nov 27, 2012
JimCroceFan wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't attend his last concert...however, I did meet him before the concert. At the time I was in high school and the NCHS maroon line was practicing in the coliseum parking lot where he was performing that night at NSU. I went by the practice to pick up some girlfriends and we saw his tour bus backed up to the doors. We noticed a back door cracked so we sneeked in.
We literally crawled on our hands and knees through the hallways and heard him rehearsing on the stage. It was the first time I'd heard "Time in a Bottle." We were hunkered down in a doorway watching him when we got caught by someone in his crew. But, instead of throwing us out, he said we could sit quietly and watch. When Jim was done we got to go into the dressing room back stage and meet him and his band. They were perfect gentlemen and gave us girls a thrill. He had even sang us a song personally about little apples falling from a tree......He was an awesome person....
After we left we circled back and left a note on the windshield of the tour bus. The next morning at daybreak my telephone was ringing....it was one of my friends telling me about the crash. We were all crushed! Sad part is...the styrofoam cup I had w/ me at the moment had ALL their signatures on it...and being a stupid, naive teenager at the time, I carelessly lost it at some point. I still regret that one! No one really knows about this story...but w/ God as my witness it is the truth.
A tour bus? Doesn't sound like the Croce I know.
swk1959

Maple, Canada

#640 Nov 28, 2012
too bad it wasn't a tour bus, maybe we'd still have them :(
Jawbreaker

Anniston, AL

#641 Nov 28, 2012
Doug was a student at nwsu at the time of Jim and Maurys accident.that was over 39 years ago.depending on what year of school he was in,determines how old he was in 1973.I guess I'm not understanding where you get he was 15 years old from?
As far as a tour bus, we know there wasn't one. They flew in that September day and mr Nichols rode them around and took them to get something to eat at one of the local diners.plans were to stay in town and we do know at least the
pilot was there at the motel. Whether it was to catch up on rest and leave later or spend the night most of us do not know. However, we do
know he was contacted and because there was
no public transportation he ran approximately
three miles until statements were made the police gave him a ride. The pilot was already at the national guard armory which is right by the airport.thanks natchitoches police dept., why couldn't you have picked him up on the other side of town where he was reportedly seen running? Another unanswered question! If I'm thinking right, the pilot was 57 years old at the time?was it so busy in little ol natchitoches that the local cops couldn't bother to give an older gentleman a ride but had time to stop and pump him for information? Many questions but not alot of answers.truth still is truth and it's out there somewhere.
Through it all I remember Jim and Maury with many mixed emotions. Sad they're gone but thankful for their life , story and music. I will remember!!!
Meee

Pearland, TX

#642 Dec 3, 2012
I have read through the posts about Jim Croce and Maury Muehleisen and, yes, I agree the world lost some great talent on Sept. 20, 1973. I was listening to the radio the other day and "Bad, bad Leroy Brown" came on and that got me interested in looking some things up about Croce and then eventually led here. I had no idea a recording of his last concert existed and am wondering why this wasn't made public years ago.

But another thing I was wondering and I didn't see this in previous posts (although I will admit I skipped over some things)- why do they assume the 1700 pills found at the crash site were Croce's or Muehleisen's? Wasn't there a manager killed, too? And a comic? Could they have been theirs and Croce/Muehleisen had no knowledge of it?
Jawbreaker

Anniston, AL

#643 Dec 7, 2012
Many unanswered questions still remain.the truth is out there but for whatever it has not been revealed! We have to go on hoping the truth will reveal itself someday.My main concern is for their families who have waited so many years for many answers. There are some family members and personal friends of Maury and Jims whose character and resolve have remained rock solid.I only pray and hope for the best for these certain few people. Many years have past but our memories have never faded or diminished. Many may forget or many have already forgotten but for all those who have there are people like us that will always remember them with our love and a great big smile!!! We always cherish and
remember!

Philadelphia, PA

#644 Dec 7, 2012
Lee Ann wrote:
Hey y'all.
Long time.
Everyone else, hello.
God bless,
L.A.
Hi Lee Ann. Have you found facebook's Fans of Jim Croce by upperdarbybill page? I overlook daily but havn't noticed any visit from you. Milton's Topix forum in my eyes is a huge success and I can only hope that I will achieve the same. The facebook page was featured on our local ABC news. Topix Jim Croce 1973 forum's most popular member "JAWBREAKER" visits as often as he can dispite all his tragic setbacks our family member has been inflicted with this past summer. Of our readers that are not aware Jawbreaker needs our prayers and all I can say without personal details that are private.
Jawbreaker

Anniston, AL

#645 Dec 8, 2012
Thanks to all!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Montgomery Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
New Ribfins uses catfish from China? 5 hr The Real Regulators 4
Lil Junie M 7 hr LilMan 1
Brett shoemaker 12 hr watcher 12
I turned rick knowlin in to the sheriffs office... 14 hr Shawn travis 1
NPSB calling for special tax election? 15 hr welfare baby 6
Auction in robeline Wed The Real Truth 2
I was told owner of Sonnys Doughnuts was an Ill... (May '17) Wed Tolerman 15

Montgomery Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance