Comments
21 - 40 of 78 Comments Last updated Aug 27, 2013
hey hey

Ashburn, VA

#24 Aug 10, 2013
I totally agree with I want to know too, too much cover up stuff here in this little crooked azz town. N for the person who keep saying being nosey, far from that. Its alot of crazy stuff n crooked shit happening then they want to cover it up r sweep under the rug. The whole town go know about the crooked low down main folks afta while.
red neck

Ashburn, VA

#25 Aug 10, 2013
I know you wrote:
You must have something personnel about the whole deal. Who cares if the public finds out. But they not gonna let you know something bout their business just because you want too...How you going to make them. Need to change you name too, you sound nothing like a red neck!!
I do not have to change my name, I do not have to make them do anything, it will be publicize, soon. Just like you voice ur opinion, you can do that. I have a right, just like anybody else freedom of speech. My opinion, I am just voicing how I feel about this subject, just you and everyone else. I can type whatever name I please, so do you.
my opinion

Ashburn, VA

#26 Aug 10, 2013
I know you wrote:
Give the people time to clear everything up and then you'll probably get your answer. If I was investigating something I wouldn't want everything common knowledge. Give the folks time to do their jobs and then maybe all you busy bodies will get your answer. All you talk about is cover ups when all you have is just your opinion.
They are and yes they covering up something like always. The devil dont win, he think he got power, no power. I promise they are going down in flames n followers too.

Natchitoches, LA

#27 Aug 10, 2013
I want to know too wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe relying on elected officials to make the decisions in secret has resulted in many of the problems this country experiences today. I, for one, am not going to just sit back and let others run this country, this state, or this community, without voicing my opinion anytime I feel like doing so regardless of who it might irritate. What makes you think I don’t have a life? Is it because I want to speak out about a subject that I share with others? This “get a life” cliche is a little overused. I would like to see something original now and then.
So, you want him to do like Obama, take a poll, get a consensus then do whatever the hell he wants to anyway?
my opinion

Ashburn, VA

#28 Aug 10, 2013
Report wrote:
<quoted text>
You make no sense. They are suspended without pay for a month, so they ARE NOT on the payroll. I doubt a coverup, just some housekeeping that is being kept internal, and in this town, it's no wonder why. A simple screwup would have them tarred & feathered, drawn and quartered in the "fair and unbiased" little minds here. Everybody makes mistakes, & they are paying for theirs. After going without pay for a month, that will prevent future screwups like this from them and others. It's not for you to judge, They have not been charged with a crime, Sheriff Jones was elected to be in charge & run things, not get your permission for every move he makes, inform you of everything he does & every decision he makes. Get a life of your own!
so I guess as long as it have nothing to do with you, are involve in your family you can care less, typical folks. Yes it is personel when it has something to do with one of my family members getting kill out there at the DC. so yes I am one of the concern citizens cause someone in every family had someone lock up out there, whether it was a son, father, brother, cousin, friend, baby daddy n etc. being mistreated n out there for no damn reason. So yes I am one concern citizen, cause all the crooked stuff about to be broken down. Enough is enough of wrong doing. Like a wise man once said, soon r later the wicked will be brought down n the just will be brought up. The unjust do not prosper.
I know you

Dallas, TX

#29 Aug 10, 2013
Well y'all just do what you got to do. IF there was so much cover up the Federal Bureau of Prisons would be investigating. I'm only like y'all voicing my opinion. Never been in Jail and never plan on it.

Natchitoches, LA

#30 Aug 10, 2013
my opinion wrote:
<quoted text> so I guess as long as it have nothing to do with you, are involve in your family you can care less, typical folks. Yes it is personel when it has something to do with one of my family members getting kill out there at the DC. so yes I am one of the concern citizens cause someone in every family had someone lock up out there, whether it was a son, father, brother, cousin, friend, baby daddy n etc. being mistreated n out there for no damn reason. So yes I am one concern citizen, cause all the crooked stuff about to be broken down. Enough is enough of wrong doing. Like a wise man once said, soon r later the wicked will be brought down n the just will be brought up. The unjust do not prosper.
You should try to make improvements to yourself prior to worrying about improving law enforcement policies. Suggestion: Start with your grammar.
my opinion

Ashburn, VA

#32 Aug 10, 2013
Report wrote:
<quoted text>
You should try to make improvements to yourself prior to worrying about improving law enforcement policies. Suggestion: Start with your grammar.
here we go with the grammar, say what u want as I stated I can voice my opinion as I please.
officer

Ashburn, VA

#33 Aug 10, 2013
This is not a damn English class. stick to the subject
HASTINGS

Sledge, MS

#34 Aug 10, 2013
Maybe the sheriff should look at the leadership out at the DC. Is the chief undermining prisoner discipline and officer morale? Why would the head of a correction facility be on the premises after hours fraternizing with prisoners? Is the authority of officers being undermined and are prisoners being allowed to disrespect guards, knowing that they will be over ruled. Usually if there is a problem with a team the coach is the culprit. Strike the root of a problem, don't just hack at the branches.
truth

Campti, LA

#35 Aug 11, 2013
Y'all act like this is such a big deal. Prisoners escape! They don't volunteer to stay there! He got caught quick anyway.

It's not like it is all just three people's fault. It's not fair to suspend them for a month without pay. Can you get by without pay for a month?
knowitall

Bossier City, LA

#36 Aug 11, 2013
I thought they always put them on paid leave
jessie

Grand Prairie, TX

#38 Aug 16, 2013
because all the police are dumb and just want to look good
Another Ex-Con

Natchitoches, LA

#40 Aug 18, 2013
For those who were skeptical of a possible cover up regarding the recent prisoner escape out at the Natchitoches Detention Center, please note that some of the recent Topix post regarding the officers suspended have been removed - i.e. names. This action leaves the appearance that something is going on and the public is expected to remain in the dark. Do our officials believe we have no right to know and our only concern should be that our taxes are paid on time?
I see the Future

Dallas, TX

#41 Aug 18, 2013
Another Ex-Con wrote:
For those who were skeptical of a possible cover up regarding the recent prisoner escape out at the Natchitoches Detention Center, please note that some of the recent Topix post regarding the officers suspended have been removed - i.e. names. This action leaves the appearance that something is going on and the public is expected to remain in the dark. Do our officials believe we have no right to know and our only concern should be that our taxes are paid on time?
Who said the Officials had it removed? Maybe it was the people thats names were plastered on here. IF you are really another Es-con you would know your innocent until proven guilty, right. Maybe they had their names removed, you can do that!!. I bet if your real name was on topics you would be jumping trying to get it removed.
Another Ex-Con

Natchitoches, LA

#42 Aug 18, 2013
I did not state that “Officials” removed the postings. I only stated that they were removed. Yes, I wouldn’t want my name posted. I didn’t want it in the paper when I got into trouble, but stuff happens. These officers have not been arrested based on the limited information released, but they have been suspended and they are on the tax payers payroll. We’re not waiting on some trial or such. Even when suspended, I’d bet their health care and insurance is still ongoing which makes them “still on the payroll.” Why is this so secret? I agree that it sounds like a cover up.
I see the Future

Longview, TX

#44 Aug 18, 2013
Another Ex-Con wrote:
I did not state that “Officials” removed the postings. I only stated that they were removed. Yes, I wouldn’t want my name posted. I didn’t want it in the paper when I got into trouble, but stuff happens. These officers have not been arrested based on the limited information released, but they have been suspended and they are on the tax payers payroll. We’re not waiting on some trial or such. Even when suspended, I’d bet their health care and insurance is still ongoing which makes them “still on the payroll.” Why is this so secret? I agree that it sounds like a cover up.
Well I think that it is wrong to post anyone's name before they are found guilty anywhere, whether it be here or in the paper. Once one is arrested they have to prove them guilty. Placing someones name in the public instills in the public's mind that they did it. Even if they are innocent people will still point at them and say "thats the ones that did it". Do you see what I'm talking about? Everyone deserves a day in court
Agree

Natchitoches, LA

#45 Aug 19, 2013
Another Ex-Con wrote:
You agree with yourself that it sounds like a cover up? Ridiculous!

They are suspended without pay. Even though they may have healthcare & insurance, they pay for that out of their check. If they aren't getting a check, it will more than likely be made up out of future checks.

If y'all keep on with this, they'll be back working long before y'all are done.
Another Ex-Con

Natchitoches, LA

#46 Aug 19, 2013
Agree wrote:
<quoted text>
You agree with yourself that it sounds like a cover up? Ridiculous!
They are suspended without pay. Even though they may have healthcare & insurance, they pay for that out of their check. If they aren't getting a check, it will more than likely be made up out of future checks.
If y'all keep on with this, they'll be back working long before y'all are done.
What's ridiculous? Others have stated on this posting that they believe the names should be released and that there appears to be a cover up. All benefits are paid for by both the worker and the taxpayers. The officers do not pay 100%. I do agree that they'll be back to work soon and the taxpayers will never know the truth. Sad. By the way, they have not been arrested. They have only been suspended. There's no innocent until proven guilty involved here. The man has ruled - suspended. The public owns the Detention Center. The public deserves to know if it is being run properly and if there are problems, they deserve to know. Why keep it a secret from those who deserve to know? Why are you so determined that the public not know?
I see the Future

Dallas, TX

#47 Aug 19, 2013
Why do you need to know so badly? I pay taxes and I don't need to know their name. The Officials found the ones involved "suspended" them or whatever and thats good enough for me. Its not going to make me money one way or the other.I not going to loose sleep either. Also I think in this case suspended doesn't mean they were fired...Maybe I'm wrong cause it usually goes "suspended with or without pay until investigation is completed". Least thats what they say on the news ..........

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Montgomery Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Black Book... 3 hr messiah 10
Prime Me On Natchitoches 3 hr Dima 17
NCHS Does anyone know what happened today? 4 hr lil t 141
Filp and Sharon Mitchell 5 hr Paynesub 3
Is Charity Price out of jail? (Jan '08) 5 hr Perplexed 110
Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Louisiana... (Oct '10) 6 hr Hold on there 3,079
Hair 7 hr New 1
•••
•••
•••

Montgomery Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Montgomery People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••