Greg Burke Needs to Go
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Concerned Citizen

Natchitoches, LA

#1 Sep 15, 2012
Here is a guy who is suppose to care about the student athletes and those who work with them, but cares more about himself and money. Lets look at some facts.
1. Made football travel to Lubbock on buses even though the money was there to fly them, but it's more important to renovate the softball complex so they can host the Conference Tournament even though they probably won't even make the tournament.
2. He'll renovate softball complex, but won't spend a dime on a new concession stand and press box for baseball when they need it.
3. He'll take his wife to the Nevada game, but won't let Coach Black go even though Coach Black is a staple of NSU athletics.(Thanks to whoever got Black a ticket!)
4. And this week, makes the equipment managers for football drive to Las Vegas when they were told that they would fly with team. When did they find out? Tuesday, the day before they had to pack up and start the trip to Vegas.
Greg, you're sorry and have no concern for these student athletes and I hope President Webb will open his eyes and get rid of you. These student athletes deserve someone who really cares about them and not about the money. Natchitoches, let's rally around these athletes and get rid of this guy. Peace
Man oh man

Lufkin, TX

#2 Sep 16, 2012
He seems like a true jerk
NSU observer

Baton Rouge, LA

#3 Sep 17, 2012
Equipment managers always drive to road games. When LSU played at Washington, they drove and tracked the equipment truck on the Internet.

Private fundraising will pay for the softball renovations. A fundraising drive was underway for the baseball press box.
Observer

United States

#4 Sep 17, 2012
NSU observer wrote:
Equipment managers always drive to road games. When LSU played at Washington, they drove and tracked the equipment truck on the Internet.
Private fundraising will pay for the softball renovations. A fundraising drive was underway for the baseball press box.
thanks for taking the time to calmly explain that. these people that jump around shouting "fire" could learn from your example.
just wondering

Baton Rouge, LA

#5 Sep 17, 2012
NSU observer wrote:
Equipment managers always drive to road games. When LSU played at Washington, they drove and tracked the equipment truck on the Internet.
Private fundraising will pay for the softball renovations. A fundraising drive was underway for the baseball press box.
Not ALWAYS, and what was said in earlier post is true--were told that they would fly!!! And did find out Tuesday had to drive....

And just think of all the other things we don't know about....
localyokel

Baton Rouge, LA

#6 Sep 17, 2012
Hard to believe that they had to drive at the last minute unless there was some sort of unexpected reason. Doubt if inquiring minds including you and me know the whole story. And I for one am not thinking of the other things "we don't know about" - whatever that means - because I have better things to do.
Lester Smith

Natchitoches, LA

#7 Sep 17, 2012
can him along with the football coach
Geezzzzzzz

Bossier City, LA

#8 Sep 17, 2012
Seems to me the equipment managers need to be REPLACED. ASAP
Greg does not need to be replaced. You are just a bunch of grumbling wusses.
some white dude

Natchitoches, LA

#9 Sep 18, 2012
Geezzzzzzz wrote:
Seems to me the equipment managers need to be REPLACED. ASAP
Greg does not need to be replaced. You are just a bunch of grumbling wusses.
holla!!
Know

Natchitoches, LA

#10 Sep 23, 2012
Equipment managers had to drive because there would've been too much weight on the plane adding all of the equipment. The weight could not be calculated until the final trip roster was set (including boosters and players) so that's what prompted the last minute decision.
Facts

Natchitoches, LA

#11 Sep 23, 2012
Before we start destroying Greg Burke about the money situation get your facts straight, NSU is number two in budget cuts in louisiana colleges. So how did the team have $120,000 grand to fly the team round trip to Lubbock? they had to save to pay for the flight two weeks later to Nevada. Further more, as mentioned earlier, the softball renovations are being payed for the money raised by the sheriff's office and the police department during the charity softball game they played. Now one thing i will say is that NSU does over do Title IX by sometimes catering to the women's programs. But overall, I think some of you need to do your research.
just wondering

Baton Rouge, LA

#12 Sep 24, 2012
Facts wrote:
Before we start destroying Greg Burke about the money situation get your facts straight, NSU is number two in budget cuts in louisiana colleges. So how did the team have $120,000 grand to fly the team round trip to Lubbock? they had to save to pay for the flight two weeks later to Nevada. Further more, as mentioned earlier, the softball renovations are being payed for the money raised by the sheriff's office and the police department during the charity softball game they played. Now one thing i will say is that NSU does over do Title IX by sometimes catering to the women's programs. But overall, I think some of you need to do your research.
Think you should get your figures correct. It was no where near $120,000 to fly to Lubbock. Try around $40,000. Thats not much when you take into consideration everything involved in the Lubock trip. The softball renovations are being paid for by a charity softball game---thats where the funding is coming from? Then they will be waiting a long time for a new stadium. No way that charity game paid for the cost to run the lights that night, must less the new stadium he wants, not deserves, not needs,... wants.
Facts

Natchitoches, LA

#13 Sep 24, 2012
$40,000??? where the hell did you get that number from???? there is 110 players on the team that were all going to make the trip...Round trip plane ticket for 110 players, 20 coaches, you do the math. so what each player's plane ticket there and back was going to be a total of $400? what dream world do you live in?
NSU observer

Baton Rouge, LA

#14 Sep 24, 2012
The team drove to Lubbock. They had to leave a day early because of Isaac. They flew to Nevada on a charter.

If these are the only gripes people have about the AD, he must be doing a good job.
Seriously

Shreveport, LA

#15 Sep 24, 2012
Reading some of these "informed" comments is like trying to watch an idiot hump a doorknob. Your expectations should be in line with the amount of budget money given to the department. I'd say Dr. Webb and the Louisiana system is getting what they are paying for. Anything in the top half for any sport should be considered a miracle based on resources.
Concerned

United States

#16 Dec 4, 2012
Seriously wrote:
Reading some of these "informed" comments is like trying to watch an idiot hump a doorknob. Your expectations should be in line with the amount of budget money given to the department. I'd say Dr. Webb and the Louisiana system is getting what they are paying for. Anything in the top half for any sport should be considered a miracle based on resources.
I think Greg needs to go they say change is good well we have not a change at that spot in a while. If you ask any coach and get a honest answer they would tell you Greg needs to move on. Constantly people defend him and then throw peve and others out to the wolves. Just like in anything an organization is only as good as its leader and the nsu organization is struggling mighty. I know budget cuts etc. well then we need to be wiser on how we spend the money we do have. Greg has taken loans for fences softball and other things that have gotten us in debt. We need an ex athlete with a business background to run our organization. I know the bloodline runs deep but a change will reenergize nsu. Then just maybe we can be in the top half of. Watered down southland.
Concerned 2

Bossier City, LA

#17 Dec 4, 2012
I disagree with you. I think Greg is a great asset to NSU. The people that need to go are
Dr. Webb, Jerry Pierce and the rest of the dead beats and what's his name Carl Jones is the #1 culpit after WEBB. Get rid of them and you will see NSU thrive once again.
Lay off Greg. He is not doing anything that is not 100% approved by the clan I just mentioned.
localyokel

Baton Rouge, LA

#18 Dec 4, 2012
I actually thought that with several new coaching hirings the athletic department was reenergized. People really seem excited about the new baseball coach and the new women's basketball married couple. And I read in the paper that the volleyball team had the best season in school history and I presume Greg hired those coaches, too. I guess I did not realize the debt issue because I saw all of those plaques on the fence and figured those people helped pay for that. I will say that it is a serious upgrade from all of the chain link fence that used to be there. Also heard that the money for softball was being raised. Hard sometimes to get all of the facts I guess.
Concerned wrote:
<quoted text>
I think Greg needs to go they say change is good well we have not a change at that spot in a while. If you ask any coach and get a honest answer they would tell you Greg needs to move on. Constantly people defend him and then throw peve and others out to the wolves. Just like in anything an organization is only as good as its leader and the nsu organization is struggling mighty. I know budget cuts etc. well then we need to be wiser on how we spend the money we do have. Greg has taken loans for fences softball and other things that have gotten us in debt. We need an ex athlete with a business background to run our organization. I know the bloodline runs deep but a change will reenergize nsu. Then just maybe we can be in the top half of. Watered down southland.
concerned

Huntsville, AL

#19 Dec 5, 2012
localyokel wrote:
I actually thought that with several new coaching hirings the athletic department was reenergized. People really seem excited about the new baseball coach and the new women's basketball married couple. And I read in the paper that the volleyball team had the best season in school history and I presume Greg hired those coaches, too. I guess I did not realize the debt issue because I saw all of those plaques on the fence and figured those people helped pay for that. I will say that it is a serious upgrade from all of the chain link fence that used to be there. Also heard that the money for softball was being raised. Hard sometimes to get all of the facts I guess.
<quoted text>
Well if it takes bringing in new coaches to reenergize the school I would say that womens basketball and baseball and now football should be good. But will the new coaches win? Time will tell. Who hired the coaches that got fired? Did it work that time? I agree that Webb and several others need to go but it is time for a change with the AD spot to. I will say atleast he didnt turn down a Bowl Bid!
Cant You Read

United States

#20 Dec 5, 2012
3-7 dont deserve a bowl bid except for the toilet bowl

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Montgomery Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
campus hunk in the miata 1 hr Dirt Blanchard 4
Poll Should White People Go Back to Europe (Oct '13) 3 hr Dirt Blanchard 82
Jail break 4 hr Laurie 24
I HATE natchitoches (Jun '11) 8 hr dooly 17
Can anyone name old honky tonk's in our area (Oct '07) 16 hr Exterminator 79
pretty girls (Nov '13) 21 hr ww andthedixiedan... 3
Casey n Amanda Smith robbed wrong people! Tue Ed U Keator 7

Montgomery Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Montgomery Mortgages