Ruston, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 9, 2010

Judged:

Oh My Goodness! When is Felicia coming back to work?? That girl who they have running the store now, has completely let it go. She is horrible! She is rude to the customers, I don't think she could smile if you asked her, and it would kill her if she had to show someone where something was located. My bf and I were in the store the other day and heard her talking to an employee and I wouldn't have wished it on my dog the way she was talking to her. Also, my sister heard her talking about another employee about how sorry she was and wouldn't do her job. Now, I know the employee she was talking bout and she couldn't be more wrong about her. That lady is the nicest person in there and she is always busy doin something anytime I'm in there (and that's many times a week). I can't believe that somebody hasn't already turned her in. I wish Felicia would hurry and come back. That way I wouldn't dread going in there. Does anyone know a number or email that I could call or send a note to? I think the people who are above the local level should know about this woman. She needs a serious attitude adjustment before she runs off all her customers (and her good employees).
my my my

Coldwater, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2010

Judged:

why do you want Felicia back? when she is WORKING she's never there or she has her kids or dead beat boyfriend up there!
fed up

Ruston, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2010

Well atleast she treats the customers & employees better. That girl thats in there now it just ridiculous! there's no sense in acting the way she does. she's lucky she hasn't been called down yet. I really am surprise that someone hasn't already put her in her place. as far as Felicia, when she is there she is working and not to mention that when her kids are there they are always nice and respectful and are not in the way. I don't know much about her bf but if he is there, who cares? she does her job. I'm not the only one who feels this way. I know several people that won't go in there that girl is working. Hurry Felicia and come back. Your customers miss you!!!!
Anonymous

Coldwater, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2010

Judged:

I dont know who u r Fed Up, but let me say this one thing... I know the lady that is runnin that store and she is a very nice lady and has never disrespectd any one!! Quite hiding behind ur computer screen and get a life. When Felicia was at work she always gave people that go to hell look and stayed out side smoking with her so call boyfriend. The lady that is runnin the store now actually works and is friendly to every one. She wouldnt talk about someone behind their back unlike Felicia. If That lady had something to say to ne one she sure wouldnt have a problem sayin it to their face. I even heard that when Felicia was "POSE" to be at work she never showed up.
fed up

Ruston, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2010

You're right, you don't know me, and I don't know you nor do I care to. I'm not an advocate for Felicia. i just want someone in there who doesn't treat people like crap. She may treat you great, good for you. But I know many that she doesn't and it's MY OPINION. I heard her say those things personally. & I'm betting my sister wouldn't just out of the blue lie about this woman since she doesn't even really know who she is because she only comes through Montgomery every few weeks. I'm not hiding behind anything. This is a public forum in which people can come on here and post information and post their opinion. I have done both. I have a life and I don't have to talk about people behind their back or cut them down to make myself feel or look better. Let me assure you that if that girl ever was to out right disrepect me the way I have seen her do others, she won't have to worry bout me sayin anything behind her back, because I have NO problem saying it to her face (unlike her). she tells lies on people to try and make herself look better. She's on a power trip because Felicia is gone and she gets to play manager. I'm surprised she has any body decent still working in there. Btw...I don't see you putting your real name on here either.
Amanda Fogle

Bloomington, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2010

Well Fed Up this is Amanda. Thanks for the criticism. I will try harder to make EVERYONE happy and when I figure out how to do that I will patent it so I can make a million and get out of Dollar General. Also, there is a 800 number on the Dollar General web site you can call. One last thing, I too will be glad when Felicia gets back. Thanks Again!
fed up

Ruston, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2010

Well Amanda, you are very welcome for the criticism. I'm glad you are taking it into consideration and good to hear you will be trying harder to please everyone. I too wish you could figure it out and patent it and make a million bucks. My main concern with you is the attitude you show. Also, I thought it very unprofessional when I over heard you reprimanding one of your employees with such distaste. I also thought it unprofessional of you to put down your other employees at all, but especially when customers could hear it. Anyway, its just my opinion, and I'm quite sure it doesn't amount to much in your eyes. I will say that I am not the only one that feels this way. It is good to know that you aren't such a sour puss to everyone. Maybe you should reach out and try that with others and your employees. It may make people forget all about Felicia. & may change their minds about you. also, thanks for the info on the number. I will be sure to use it when needed. Finally, its good to know that you will be glad when Felicia gets back. I'm sure that will make her happy to know you are not trying to take her job while she is out on sick leave.
Hopefully, you will take some of these things to heart and realize you are "biting the hand that feeds you" so to speak. If not, oh well. Like I said earlier, its ONLY MY OPINION.
Amanda Fogle

Bloomington, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2010

Idk that I have ever repremanded any of the employees, much less in the store where others could hear, but I will make it a point to watch it more carefully. As far as one employee talking about the other, everyone at DG has done that and it has gotten back to each and everyone of us, including myself. I am sorry that there are ppl out there that feel this way, however, there are also those that don't and as you know there is no way to make EVERYONE happy. All of the employees were told when I began to "try" to run the store, as it was put, that if they have a problem call the DM and as far as I know they haven't, but if they feel the need I would hope that they would come to me as well so we could work it out so we could all try to work together.
fed up

Ruston, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2010

Judged:

Unfortunately as acting manager you are held to a higher standard. I have no doubt that some of your employees has talked about you, but I haven't heard any of them say it where customers could hear. You were talking about your employees where your customers could hear. That is very unprofessional. Also, I have been in that store more times than I can count and I can count on 1 hand how many times you have even spoken to me or anyone with me. I thought y'all are suppose to greet the customers. anyway, I will say again, I am stating my opinion. Good to see that you are handling yourself a bit better on here than I'm sure you would if this were brought to your attention in public.
ok ok

Bloomington, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2010

Why dont you get over it, you have stated your opinion and she has replied.. move on. I have been in there several times as well and i have been greeted by her and other employees. I think you had a bad experience or maybe who you claim she was talking about was a friend or kin and you feel like you have to take up for them. We get it, you dont like her. Like she said no one can make everyone happy so leave it be and get on with your life.... And maybe she doesnt greet you because of your animosity towards her or maybe she speaks but you are soo hung up on this one instance where she was suppose to be talking about someone so you dont care to hear. Would you speak back. I didnt think so.
fed up

Ruston, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2010

glad you got it all figured out. good to know. ***sarcasam*** just in case you didn't get that.
Felicia

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 11, 2010

my my my wrote:
why do you want Felicia back? when she is WORKING she's never there or she has her kids or dead beat boyfriend up there!
I'm not going to hide who I am...going to tell you straight up, blunt and to the point...
You don't even make sense...when she is working, she is never there???
Obviously...you don't know what you are talking about...I was there practically every day and when I wasn't there...I was on call 24/7. I got phone calls ALL the time, and a lot of times had to go back to the store for one reason or another.
Yes, my girls and my wonderful fiancee came to the store, but it didn't stop me from doing my job! And I don't know of a single employee that hasn't had their kids, spouse, or a family member in the store. I don't see where that is any of your concern. I think that it is best if You hide behind your computer screen and leave my family out of this. My girls and Bill are my life and I DON'T take to kindly of anyone messing with them or dragging them in something that they have nothing to do with. If you have a problem with me, address that problem to me and we will resolve it. This just shows what kind of person you are to try and pass judgement and talk about someone that you don't even know...
Felicia

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 11, 2010

Grow Up Hoe wrote:
I dont know who u r Fed Up, but let me say this one thing... I know the lady that is runnin that store and she is a very nice lady and has never disrespectd any one!! Quite hiding behind ur computer screen and get a life. When Felicia was at work she always gave people that go to hell look and stayed out side smoking with her so call boyfriend. The lady that is runnin the store now actually works and is friendly to every one. She wouldnt talk about someone behind their back unlike Felicia. If That lady had something to say to ne one she sure wouldnt have a problem sayin it to their face. I even heard that when Felicia was "POSE" to be at work she never showed up.
OMG...another one that obviously doesn't know what they are talking about! My customers always comes first. I have never disrespected anyone that has came into my store. Even people that I am not very fond of ALWAYS get my respect and courtesy. I'm NOT unprofessional. I greet, help and thank everyone, with a smie. "Go to hell look?" No, I don't think so. As for my smoke breaks...which yall seem to have a problem with. I bust my rump in that store. I give it 100% because my name stands behind my work. I'm very proudful and do my job, along with others! 99.9% of the time I don't even stop to take a lunch break. So if I run outside and take a quick smoke break now and again, that's not a problem, after all, I AM THE MANAGER!!! WOW...LOL...I think you have that confused or mixed up. I DON'T TALK ABOUT ANYONE!!! I don't have time for that gossip box mess, I have a job to do! I assure you that I have no problem bring any issue forth with anyone that I have a problem with. It seems that a few of you may be a little bit deeper involved that just individuals posting your opinions. I think this is getting a little more personal and talking behind others that have absolutely no clue to what is going on or trying to make someone look bad. Falsifying information to try and make someone look bad or good will come back to bite you....KARMA!!! "I even heard when Felicia was "POSE" to be at work, she never showed up"???? OMG...really. Then can you explain my being there almost every single day??? You know what repeating information from other people that has no clue and/or is false or down right lies makes you look like? I think I'd stick with the facts!
Felicia

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 11, 2010

WOW...I received a phone call to check out this web site and read what was going on. I'm in complete shock. First, I would like to apologize to fed up, ALL of my customers, and ALL of my employees for any disrespect, rudeness, or unpleasant visit that you may have encountered at the Montgomery Dollar General. Unfortunately, I am on medical leave and not allowed to take any actions with my store. As stated, there is a 800 number that can be called to express any concerns or report any problems. Please feel free to use it. Obviously some people don't know what they are talking about and for some reason want to be ugly toward me. Well, I hold my head up high and I am very proud of who I am and the pride that I take in my job and my store. I make every effort of greeting and thanking every customer that comes into our store and with a smile. Our customers ALWAYS come first. It has been a learning experience and I have worked very hard from a sales associate all the way up to manager. And every day there is something new to learn and add to the duties of a manager. I worked very hard for DG and to please and meet the needs of all of our customers and employees. I was at the store ALL the time and was "WORKING". I didn't do as most managers and sit in the office with paperwork; I was on the sales floor working. Anyone that shops at DG, knows that I was working, they've seen it. As an employee that was suppose to be on "light duty" since April of 2009 to present, I worked as hard if not harder than any other employee. I worked hard with my team to make the DG store in Montgomery one of the best and to continue to climb to be the best in the district. I worked hard with my other employees to make sure it was stocked, cleaned and pleasant atmosphere. But I do not have to defend myself to anyone that has issues and wants to act like that, everyone can see has seen. Everyone was always talking about how fast I move. Yet I was suppose to be sitting at the register using a hand held scanning items to check out customers. No, I was working to please my customers. But since you think you know it all, let me fill you in on a little. I don't talk about any of my employees or my customers. I treat everyone the same and with respect. I have a job to do and don't have time to sit around talking about people. That's not going to get my products out. I have had several issues with this occurring in my store with other employees and was trying to get this under control before I was pulled from work, so I do know that this was happening. Unfortunately, I have not been in my store since my doctor pulled me. Therefore, I am totally in the dark about anything that is/has happened since then. I have been great to all of my employees. When I made my schedule, I asked my employees what they wanted to work. I personally worked double shifts so other employees could go do what they wanted or needed to do such as play softball, family problems, school, etc. I talked, talked and talked to employees and tried everything possible to keep from writing them up. I didn't act like I was above my employees or let that title go to my head. I worked retainers, totes, just like everyone else. There is nothing that my employees did, that I didn’t do! All I can say is there is a CCTV that monitors and records what goes on my store. Any time that I am not doing my job or something is unsatisfactory, my District Manager will get with me. To all of my customers and employees…I miss you all too!!! I will be back soon and I promise to work even harder with my team to make the Montgomery DG even better! My apologies to all those that have had problems and I haven’t been there to address them. Just hang in there and as I said…LOL…YES…I AM COMING BACK…FRESH…SEE YOU ALL SOON!!!
YAY

Ruston, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 11, 2010

Well said Felicia! Good to know you are coming back soon. Hope you get fixed up soon. You are missed by a bunch of people!!!
blah blah

West Monroe, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 11, 2010

i am wit ms felicia on this on. yal dont kno what yall are talkin bout bc i like every one that works in there.. they are nice and greet ppl when ever they come in. i have never had a problem since i have started comin in there. i kno for a fact that ms felicia works, i kno her personally and she is the best mom and worker that i kno.. i have never had a problem wit her. and mrs amanda is having to do alot of stuff now that reflects on her job to just like ms felicia.so who ever dont think they are doin there job and doin it right how bout you go in there and see if u can do it better then what these women are doin... ms felicia and ms amanda keep up the good work.... :)
Harley LeAnn Moore

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 11, 2010

Okay you guys.#1 who are ya'll to down my mother, & say what she does do and doesnt do! uhh NOBODY! If you live her life day by day then I would be glad to hear what you have to say about her, but you dont. My mother is an extremely hard worker, she does what has & needs to be done. I have never once been in the DG and seen my mom walking around talking about people, or not doing her job. Yea she has a smoke break, but its is nothing like GROW UP HOE makes it out to be. Also you are clearly unaware of my mothers scheduale. She works just like everyone else in the store, && most of the time the work she does, is over her capabilty. Due to my mothers medical conditions being at the DG everyday is something she can't do, but i know of plenty of times she comes home with paperwork,confrence calls, and so much other stuff that she has to do, before she can even settle down for a goodnight sleeP. && yes me & my sister have been in the store quit a few times, but is it against the law that just becauSE YOUR MOM WOrks there you can't go in.. Umm noo, IT SURE ISNT! so there is no reason for you to bring me and my sister in in it, we have just as much right in there as sally && joe. THANKS FOR ALL THE Support given to my mom, she's a hero!
ok ok

Inman, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 11, 2010

Judged:

If you have ever been in there more than once you can see that BOTH Felicia and Amanda work very hard, they both greet the customers and have a smile on their face. I agree good job ladies
blah blah

West Monroe, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 12, 2010

i agree wit my girl harley...i dont see why ppl always want to talk crap behind ppls back or on the computer if u cant say it to there face then why even say it...but ppl can think and say what you want but untill u are in there shoes and go thru and put up with the stuff they have to put up wit down there then u can just shut up. bc u are not bout to please everybody that comes in and out that store and if u cant be pleased then shut up bout it and stop starting shit...
just me

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 12, 2010

Judged:

well fed up, i'm probably gonna open myself up 2 sum criticizm, but I dont care for the lady running the strore either. she always seems 2 have a sour look on her face & seems quite unapproachable. that is my opinon (as u stated) & im sure it may differ from others.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of49
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Montgomery Discussions

Search the Montgomery Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Ex-teacher arrested ? 47 min Really 55
Owsley or Dyess? 1 hr My vote 65
Repeal 2nd Amendment 8 hr Wally 230
Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Louisiana... (Oct '10) 10 hr Hold on there 2,621
that thread disappeared like the $ from the bank 10 hr Prayer sender 14
Kendrick Blake and Tracey Miller 13 hr inquiring mind 1
Will blacks ever rise up as an entire race? (Feb '12) 13 hr Maybe 47
•••
•••
•••
•••

Montgomery Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••