Condo manager critical of Neighborhood Watch

Jun 3, 2013 Full story: Oswego Ledger-Sentinel

The manager of the Deer Run condominium complex in unincorporated Oswego Township this week criticized the Neighborhood Watch program that was started in 2011 with the help of the Kendall County Sheriff's Office.

Full Story
OSWEGOPOTITO

Columbus, OH

#1 Jun 4, 2013
Deer Run condos in Oswego IL are crime-ridden dumps. 3/4 of Oswego's sex offenders live in this complex. Google it. I wouldn't live there but thank goodness for Neighborhood Watch....all the pervs and druggies/drunks keep those eye spies plenty busy.
deer run resident

Oswego, IL

#2 Aug 1, 2013
all the druggies, drunks and perverts and thieves are on the neighborhood watch. peeking in people's windows, snooping around other peoples business, photographing anyone and everyone, calling police on nothing. certified schizophrenia activity. these people are mental. they want crime. just so they can feel like they have some authority. they have none. They fear everyone and everything when there is nothing to fear happening, they have developed mass hysteria. and magically, when a crime does happen, where was the neighborhood watch? Conveniently, nobody saw nothing. perhaps that is their real agenda.
Wilson the Judge

Batavia, IL

#3 Aug 15, 2013
deer run resident wrote:
all the druggies, drunks and perverts and thieves are on the neighborhood watch. peeking in people's windows, snooping around other peoples business, photographing anyone and everyone, calling police on nothing. certified schizophrenia activity. these people are mental. they want crime. just so they can feel like they have some authority. they have none. They fear everyone and everything when there is nothing to fear happening, they have developed mass hysteria. and magically, when a crime does happen, where was the neighborhood watch? Conveniently, nobody saw nothing. perhaps that is their real agenda.

I do not believe that ALL of the Neighborhood Watch Members are EVIL. However, I do believe that there are a few who are. Mainly Nosy, Busybodies who have NO Friends, Jobs or Lives. Some use their "Membership" in an attempt to Bully others. This particular group appears to be RACIST. One thing a Homeowners Association does not need is a HATEGROUP that is basically Endorsed by the Sheriff's Department. If the Law Enforcement Officials are giving MILITARY RANKINGS (Watch Groups have Captains and such) to Ordinary Citizens, they are not very intelligent. Empowerment of people who may already have mental health issues should be enough to cast suspicion upon the very same Law Enforcement Division that is enabling the peeping and harassment. Perhaps the real agenda, for the Sheriff's Department is to CREATE CRIME where none exists. I think it's time to focus on the Officials as well as the TROUBLEMAKERS that have Enrolled in the PEEPERS CLUB. Also, do you think that maybe some of the watch members are using the group as a cloak for THEIR drug addictions, OCD, Sexual Perversions? THEY look GUILTY. Also, it has been said that those residents who oppose the group are being targeted with Vandalism. Why? If the group is not responsible for these acts, then why haven't they caught the vandals? Does not seem difficult to figure out. And, by the way, I heard that a 90+year old lady greased her fence to keep kids from jumping it. Why did NO ONE see a 90 year old woman with a bucket of grease? Really? Cops said they believed her. Who she covering for. I am glad I am not a cop, appearantly they remove your brain when you're sworn in!
InDAhoodie

Bensenville, IL

#4 Aug 19, 2013
I lived here for awhile in the mid 2000's. Wasn't that bad really, but remember back then a 2 bedroom went for 75-80k. I ended up selling as the association dues kept getting jacked up. I'll admit there was a gang element there and probably drugs sold, but I never heard of any child molesters living there in fact I thought they had a ban on renting out to Child molesters?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Montgomery Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What is "Opportunity School" and is it moving t... (May '09) 23 hr Angry Teacher 11
Accident on Orchard Rd Bridge (Aug '08) Nov 21 bookkeeper 12
Review: Kirkshire Hotels & Resorts Nov 19 business lady 2
Tom Cross crybaby? Nov 17 ruleoflaw 2
Kendall County Property Taxes OUT OF CONTROL!! (Nov '07) Nov 6 Felicity 129
soldiers of the cross and the third generation (Sep '08) Nov 1 soldierfan2014 4
Our endorsements in the Nov. 4 voting Oct 28 ruleoflaw 1
Montgomery Dating
Find my Match

Montgomery People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Montgomery News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Montgomery