Tax hike would maintain services

Tax hike would maintain services

There are 24 comments on the Oswego Ledger-Sentinel story from Mar 30, 2010, titled Tax hike would maintain services. In it, Oswego Ledger-Sentinel reports that:

Like virtually every municipality throughout the Chicagoland area, the Village of Oswego has found itself in extremely difficult financial straits.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Oswego Ledger-Sentinel.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
honey

Angola, IN

#21 Apr 15, 2010
fed up too wrote:
so will it keep the mexicans out or not?
Nothing will.
Much to late.
"Infested" I believe is the word.
PO_d

Downers Grove, IL

#22 Apr 29, 2010
Want to get rich? Work for feds
Examiner Editorial
April 29, 2010

The situation is the same when state and local government compensation data is compared with that of the private sector. As the Cato Institute's Chris Edwards notes in the current issue of the Cato Journal, "The public sector pay advantage is most pronounced in benefits. Bureau of Economic Analysis data show that average compensation in the private sector was $59,909 in 2008, including $50,028 in wages and $9,881 in benefits. Average compensation in the public sector was $67,812, including $52,051 in wages and $15,761 in benefits." Those figures likely underestimate the true gap on the benefits side because the typical government employee gets a guaranteed defined benefit pension under very generous terms, while the private sector norm is a 401(K) defined contribution plan that is subject to the ups and downs of the economy.

Read more at the Washington Examiner: http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/Wan...
math wiz

Batavia, IL

#23 May 1, 2010
LilIrish wrote:
Compared with Montgomery's sales tax, it will save me more than $200 a year.
Are you saying you spend $40,000? Because that is what you would have to spend to see the tax increase of $200. It's & 50 cent increase on every $100
hmmm

United States

#24 May 11, 2010
anothermom wrote:
<quoted text>
Oswego already has Sec. 8 housing. At least it is pretty sec. 8 housing.
Really? Where is Oswego's sec 8 housing? I have never heard of this.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Montgomery Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Kristen Marie Northrop of yorkville a Rat!! May 28 Proofofit 1
News East Aurora High school on alert after student'... (Feb '08) May '17 The Now Adult 15
Elliptigo Bike May '17 OswegoAmerican 2
Low Income Housing - Mill Street Station (May '15) May '17 Get your life 7
News Drug addict gets 20 years for robberies (Jul '07) Apr '17 RECENTLY RELEASED 4
News Former House Speaker Dennis Hastert to plead gu... (Oct '15) Apr '17 Surrender Kookis 10
News Former U.S. House Speaker Hastert indicted on f... (May '15) Apr '17 Surrender Kookis 74

Montgomery Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Montgomery Mortgages