Fourth Graders Clean Up School Grounds for Earth Day

Apr 22, 2011 Full story: Patch.com 47

Students in Melissa Hinshaw's class picked up trash around Long Beach Elementary School as part of a week-long lesson on environmentalism.

Read more
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Eric

Medinah, IL

#41 Apr 24, 2011
Johnny Appleseed wrote:
<quoted text>You replied,"It was hell for the non-Christians. The White Christians controlled the educational process...."
"But now that the secularalists/ liberals are in control of forced indoctrination of our young childrens minds everything is finally right with the world. It is apparent that secularism hasn't been a panacea for our nations ills nor has it improved our society, No Gideon Bibles handed out, nor prayer allowed, signs of patriotism definitely not tolerated in public schools but birth control pills and sex education is permissible. Teaching tolerance and respect for all others religious beliefs but only animus and ridicule for those of the Christian religion..... And you suggest that its a better world since prayer and Gideon Bibles and patriotism isn't allowed or encouraged in public schools.
Don't you have anything better to do on Easter, the holiest day of your year?
Eric

Medinah, IL

#42 Apr 24, 2011
Johnny Appleseed wrote:
<quoted text> signs of patriotism definitely not tolerated in public schools.
Citation please
Eric

Medinah, IL

#43 Apr 24, 2011
Johnny Appleseed wrote:
<quoted text>Teaching tolerance and respect for all others religious beliefs but only animus and ridicule for those of the Christian religion.....
Have you been to a local school lately, especially during December? The Christian religion still rules that time of the year. It is a fight each year to assure that the non-Christian students find recognition.
Eric

Medinah, IL

#44 Apr 24, 2011
Johnny Appleseed wrote:
<quoted text>And you suggest that its a better world since prayer and Gideon Bibles and patriotism isn't allowed or encouraged in public schools.
First, I again challenge your reference to patriotism.

Second, yes it better since the Gideons and prayer are gone. No longer are children publicly singled out because of their religion to be subject to ridicule and disdain.

The Christian majority has adequate opportunity to practice their religion in public. All of the high schools in the area have Fellowship of Christian Athletes chapters. Many have "Meet you at the flagpole" gatherings on a regular basis. The courts have opened classrooms for Christian club useage. The courts have approved a moment of silence at the beginning of the day where the students can pray if they want within the guidelines of the legislation.

What's wrong with that? What else do you want and still be within Constitutional boundaries?
funky

Murray, KY

#45 Apr 24, 2011
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>Have you been to a local school lately, especially during December? The Christian religion still rules that time of the year. It is a fight each year to assure that the non-Christian students find recognition.
It's a Christian holiday you nit. Of course it belongs to us. Duh.
Christmas is about Christ being born. If you can't identify with that, then it's not your holiday. Oh. Wait. That's right. We can't exclude anyone anymore. You are becoming laughable. If you will excuse me. I gotta go to church. If that doesn't offend you too much.
Eric

Medinah, IL

#46 Apr 24, 2011
funky wrote:
<quoted text>
If you will excuse me. I gotta go to church. If that doesn't offend you too much.
Actually your activity on the forum on a holy day offends me. You should be in church.
Eric

Medinah, IL

#47 Apr 24, 2011
funky wrote:
<quoted text>
It's a Christian holiday you nit. Of course it belongs to us. Duh.
Christmas is about Christ being born. If you can't identify with that, then it's not your holiday. Oh. Wait. That's right. We can't exclude anyone anymore. You are becoming laughable. If you will excuse me. I gotta go to church. If that doesn't offend you too much.
On the contrary, it was a non-Christian holiday long before it was a Christian one. Chanukah originated 170 years before the first Christmas. The pagan holidays long before that. Early Christians chose the time to become lost in the celebration of others.

The bottom line is that there are multiple holiday celebrated during that time of the year. Either all should be recognized, or none. We got into this mess because the Christians refused to include. The courts were asked to step in to right the wrong. A little inclusion could have stopped the confusion in its tracks.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Montgomery Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 10 stories you might have missed Mar 28 adtaucher 1
Review: New York Auto Sales (Nov '08) Mar 26 Leslie Warner 45
Any sport bike riders out here? Mar 26 Fellowbiker 4
badges don't grant extra rights Mar 26 copsaintnofriendo... 1
News Insane Deuces face trial (Feb '08) Mar 24 ??? 99
West Aurora building plan can be done by keepin... Mar 14 Doug 1
News Two teenagers in custody for fatal shooting of ... Mar 14 !!! 3
Montgomery Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Montgomery People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]