First Prev
of 7
Next Last
Also note

Warrenville, IL

#124 Feb 16, 2014
Richard wrote:
This county is corrupt. DO NOT BUY A HOUSE IN KENDALL COUNTY. The Yorkville $10,000 dollar house purchase credit is a trap to snare you into huge taxes. Please calculate how much taxes you will have to pay to live here. AVOID Kendall County, IL. Keywords: Kendall county, IL, Taxes, Government..
Most people are here because of the huge chicago area job market. If you loose your job or cant find a job, use it as an opportunity to move to a lower cost of living state. If you are making close to minimum wage, you should ski-daddle out of this state since you can make $10 an hour just about anywhere and pay less in taxes and fees and live better on what you can make.
He who knows

Chicago, IL

#125 Mar 26, 2014
Tax Man wrote:
Can anybody explain to me how Kendall county feels my property tax value went UP this year when we all know that property values across the country - in practicaly EVERY county had LOST value. For the first time in decades, the housing market has collapsed, property values have in fact decreased. This is according to every statistic, every economist, every article you read -- how in the world does Kendall county justify saying that we are "exempt" from everywhere else in the country and in fact our property values have increased significatly -- how do they justify this and where in the world do they get their numbers?
They went up despite dropping property values because they are not taxes at all! They are rents! In the United States of America, there is no such thing as "homeownership" at all. When you "buy a house" in America, what you are really buying is the permission to rent the use of that house plus the parcel of land it sits on. In the USA, just like any other Communist country, the government owns every single square inch of the land. In fact, take a look at these two articles, one located at http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/Evils%20in%20G... and also at http://basspig.wordpress.com/2010/02/16/feuda...
Left Yorkville

Lisle, IL

#126 Apr 27, 2014
Don wrote:
well guess what they raised the multiplier again to 9.23 where does it end these government officials have no idea of what its like to have gone from 80000 down to 36000 trying to raise a family in kendall county what happens when i stop paying my mortgage along with other home owners and they dont get any property taxes from my house for years because i will drag out the forclosure process as long as i can including bankruptcy do they know it will take about 2 or 3 years to recoup those taxes i love yorkville but will have to leave eventually what happens when all the middle class leave kendall county for will county where the taxes are much lower it will be a ghost town and they too will be out of a job
The bank is on the hook for the back taxes, then they come after you to pay them back so you really are never out from the taxes, nor the county. I know this because we went thru foreclosure in Yorkville. When we bought we were told our taxes would be around $3,800. Year #2 and they were up to $7900 . We would have never bought or had been approved for a loan at that rate. Lost the house and now feel worthless.
Kanenobetter

Sugar Grove, IL

#127 Apr 28, 2014
My tax rate went up 9.6% on the latest tax bill for 2014. Tax rate is just a tad under 11.000 now.Must be nice to spend at your hearts content with no regard for the taxpayer.

CPI went up approx. 1.5% during the same period, one would think government taxing bodies could at least come close to that level.

So Kane county is no option to escape Kendall county taxes that is for sure.
Don

Naperville, IL

#128 Apr 28, 2014
Let me see if i got this rite along with the 3 rd highest property taxes in U.S. Kendall county put in a road tax of $8 per household then we have to raise the water and sewer rates again to fix the roads yea im scratcing my head too i thought that was what the road tax was for. i think next year kendall county board should vote on a dog and cat tax to fix the roads .(just kidding) kendall county Record said it was a split vote to raise the water and sewer rates 7-1 that doesnt sound like a split vote to me a split vote would be 4-3 not 7-1 is almost unanimous all that you can do is laugh at all the politicians because they have no idea what they are doing.where does it end in raising the multiplier 20% 30% maybe 40% dear Kendall county the boom is over the well is dry.
Mine went down

Yorkville, IL

#129 Apr 30, 2014
When I moved here in 2009 my property taxes were close to 5,000.00. I bought a really nice foreclosure at half of what the first buyers paid. Now this year they are down to 3,500.00. At least the lowered property values are being taken into consideration, as the IL law changed and they had to include foreclosure sale prices in the assessments.
should have

Downers Grove, IL

#130 May 2, 2014
Don wrote:
Let me see if i got this rite along with the 3 rd highest property taxes in U.S. Kendall county put in a road tax of $8 per household then we have to raise the water and sewer rates again to fix the roads yea im scratcing my head too i thought that was what the road tax was for. i think next year kendall county board should vote on a dog and cat tax to fix the roads .(just kidding) kendall county Record said it was a split vote to raise the water and sewer rates 7-1 that doesnt sound like a split vote to me a split vote would be 4-3 not 7-1 is almost unanimous all that you can do is laugh at all the politicians because they have no idea what they are doing.where does it end in raising the multiplier 20% 30% maybe 40% dear Kendall county the boom is over the well is dry.
They should have let the Prairie Parkway come through. A lot of businesses would have formed along that corridor that would cover a lot of taxes and would have given an advantage to growth in this area. Now its "hey come to kendall county with your business, sorry but we dont have a transportation corridor"
He who knows

Cicero, IL

#131 May 3, 2014
Mine went down wrote:
When I moved here in 2009 my property taxes were close to 5,000.00. I bought a really nice foreclosure at half of what the first buyers paid. Now this year they are down to 3,500.00. At least the lowered property values are being taken into consideration, as the IL law changed and they had to include foreclosure sale prices in the assessments.
But before you know it, municipalities will raise their rent (millage) rates sky high; even high enough to cause peoples' property rent bills to double or even triple over the next couple of years! Heck, they could even raise the millage rates enough that your next rent bill is as high as $6,000.00 or even $7,500.00! Communist America is a hardened bureaucracy!
Felicity

Elk Grove Village, IL

#132 Nov 6, 2014
That is like a whole paycheck! I can't believe they took 700 dollars. I'm looking for some tax relief for this year. I could really use a payout that would help me financially. What do you do for tax season. I might get it professionally done.
http://www.goodallco.com.au/taxation

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Montgomery Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
shooting on montgomery rd Fri ??? 1
Montgomery or Boulder hill what's my address Dec 12 Confused 1
wtf!!!!!!!! Dec 7 !!! 3
Weekend picks: Second City fills the suburbs wi... Dec 5 cory 3
does anyone in Batavia have or know of a room f... Dec 4 John caliendo 2
Our endorsements in the Nov. 4 voting Oct '14 ruleoflaw 1
Better highways, bridges do cost money Sep '14 lou 3
Montgomery Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Montgomery People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Montgomery News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Montgomery

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 1:01 pm PST

NBC Sports 1:01PM
Cowboys' Murray listed as questionable for Colts - NBC Sports
NBC Sports 8:26 AM
Report: Executives suggest Bears could have to attach a draft pick to move Cutler
Bleacher Report11:56 AM
Eagles vs. Redskins: Live Score and Analysis for Philadelphia
Yahoo! Sports 5:54 PM
Eagles playoff hopes suffer with loss to Redskins
Bleacher Report 6:14 PM
RG3 Showing Enough to Remain Starter in WSH