Metra weighs extending service to Ken...

Metra weighs extending service to Kendall County

There are 4 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Jun 9, 2013, titled Metra weighs extending service to Kendall County. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

Metra officials Friday recommended that the commuter rail agency consider extending service to Yorkville in Kendall County, rather than halting at slightly closer-to-Chicago Oswego, an issue that has been discussed for more than a decade.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

Awesome

Bartlett, IL

#1 Jun 16, 2013
This would be great for the area. Would increase access to employment and increase property values.

Since: Mar 08

Broadview, IL

#3 Mar 17, 2014
From where will Metra gather the funds and resources to carry out this project and is it still being considered? From what I hear, the agency is still trying to push the Southeast Service Line into existence, which, in my opinion, I don't see benefiting any of the southern suburbs it's expected to serve. The STAR line sounds like it would be much more successful, and I would like to see that project get off the ground before any other line Metra is planning to add or extend.

I really don't see many people in Yorkville and Oswego taking Metra to downtown Chicago. It's too long of a commute. They would be better off choosing to work in Naperville or Downers Grove. Also, from what I've read, I-88 west of Aurora witnesses few traffic tie-ups, but if the population of these towns continues to grow, that will change and so will the need for Metra service.
Porter Place

Lemont, IL

#4 Mar 17, 2014
If Kendall County wants to get Metra service, it will be up to Kendall County to find the money to pay for it. It's up to them to determine if they can justify the expense.
Metra's STAR Line proposal was flawed to begin with, and will most likely never get built.

Since: Mar 08

Broadview, IL

#5 Mar 19, 2014
Porter Place wrote:
If Kendall County wants to get Metra service, it will be up to Kendall County to find the money to pay for it. It's up to them to determine if they can justify the expense.
Metra's STAR Line proposal was flawed to begin with, and will most likely never get built.
The STAR Line, Crosstown Expressway, and the CTA's Circle Line can all become a reality if the reckless Illinois politicians would stop pocketing funds for these projects and spending those funds on a bunch of unnecessary junk and things that can wait. As a matter of fact, if these corrupt, lowdown politicians adhered to the real "proper role of government" instead of taking care of themselves first and helping to expand government, these projects would probably exist by now.

More people would benefit from the STAR Line due to the proposed routing of the line than the SE Service Line due to the general population of the towns it is expected to serve. The tracks already exist, but the needed funding is for the stations. People in the area of the SE Line already have the nearby Metra Electric. And besides, have you heard who has been appointed to push for the SE Line, and Red Line extension to 130th St? Believe it or not, Jesse Jackson. I smell nothing but racially-instigated political BS!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Montgomery Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Best way to prevent child abuse? Step in early,... May 11 Outsider 2
Review: iLoveKickboxing - Aurora (Feb '15) May 4 Celeste Palmer 37
News Wrestling Hall of Fame to reconsider Hastert's ... Apr 28 LeDuped 1
News Suburban Chicago pastor charged with sex abuse ... Apr '16 Eric 2
Have you seen? (Sep '09) Apr '16 Mrs Perfect 6
Review: Baum Property Management (Nov '13) Apr '16 LaVonne H 3
News Condo manager critical of Neighborhood Watch (Jun '13) Apr '16 George 10
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Montgomery Mortgages