Review: Aurora Automotive Solutions

Posted in the Montgomery Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Molly Bright

Aurora, IL

#1 Jul 13, 2010
We took our son's toyota camary in for a second opinion. We were told the same thing as the other people, so decided just to pick up the car and make a decision from there. They wanted to charge us over $100.00 for diagnostics and $35.00 for storage. Not at any point in any conversation we had when dropping the car off was any of this mentioned. We felt completely ripped off. No one charges for diagnostics and not tell you. Poor business practice. I would never ever recommend this place!
ddd

Aurora, IL

#2 Jul 20, 2010
you still beter then me,i pay 400$ people stay away from this shop
marty

Aurora, IL

#3 Jul 22, 2010
One of our neighbors took her car there, she's pregnant and said a mechanic wouldn't take advantage of a pregnant woman.
Turns out her Fuel pump went out and it was in the gas tank,first they said 140 for parts plus 200 labor. Next day they called her and said they had to "special order" her sending unit (yea right).So that delayed everything 2 days (shouldn't have to special order a chevy part). Somehow ordering this part made the labor cost go up to 350!
When all was said and done her bill came out to 785! I looked up the parts, they were common and available at Napa and cost under $100 bucks. To drop the tank,remove old one and install new one is roughly 3 hrs (i'm being generous)for about 200 bucks labor.Total should have been "roughly" 300 bucks for the WHOLE job! I didn't have the heart to tell her she'd been scammed! I just told her it was a little on the "high" side. If they will do this to a pregnant woman, imagine what they will do to anyone else.
I'm not a former employee or a customer, just know about this place from her.
I recommend avoiding this place.
xap

Springfield, IL

#4 Nov 17, 2010
We have older vehicles that we would like to keep running and this place has done exactly that for us. One of the first times we used them was to fix our heater. The Ford dealership could not give us an estimate until they "got it in there," but said it would probably be over $800. Aurora Automotive Solutions charged us $150. I did call another Ford dealership after the fact, and their quote was $200. After that experience, we have continued to take both vehicles in, and our costs have been reasonable and customer service has been great.
jake

United States

#5 Apr 21, 2011
terrible customer service rick the owner of the company is very unethical unprofessional and I would never recommend anybody ever going to that place I have paid 500 dollars for body work to be done on my truck after call him today to follow up with that he's not telling me I never gave him that money
jake

United States

#6 Apr 21, 2011
rick the owner had also smoked in my truck when he took it for an estimate on the body work I personally do not smoke cigarettes so I was well aware that someone had smoked a cigarette when I got back in it I also noticed a burn mark on my weather stripping at my window he's not willing to admit to any of it or pay for any of it.
bobby

United States

#7 Apr 21, 2011
I took my truck to aurora automotive solutions because I was having problems with my engine I was told by the owner of aurora automotive that I needed to replace my engine for 5000 dollars I figured I better get another estimat after taking my truck to another shop I was told by them I'll only have to replace 150 dollar part on my truck it has been working great ever since I highly recommend stay as far away from aurora automotive solutions as possible . I would call them scum bags
Rick

Aurora, IL

#8 Aug 25, 2011
Molly Bright wrote:
We took our son's toyota camary in for a second opinion. We were told the same thing as the other people, so decided just to pick up the car and make a decision from there. They wanted to charge us over $100.00 for diagnostics and $35.00 for storage. Not at any point in any conversation we had when dropping the car off was any of this mentioned. We felt completely ripped off. No one charges for diagnostics and not tell you. Poor business practice. I would never ever recommend this place!
There is a sign in the lobby that states all of that information.
Rick

Aurora, IL

#9 Aug 25, 2011
There is a sign in the lobby that states a storage fee. We are responsible for all of the vehicles here at all times, insurance included...
Rick

Aurora, IL

#10 Aug 25, 2011
jake wrote:
rick the owner had also smoked in my truck when he took it for an estimate on the body work I personally do not smoke cigarettes so I was well aware that someone had smoked a cigarette when I got back in it I also noticed a burn mark on my weather stripping at my window he's not willing to admit to any of it or pay for any of it.
Not only is Jake at Perfect Air a poor installer...Now they promoted him to a "Professional Installer". OOHhh Boy, now he can do a really good job..
Rick

Aurora, IL

#11 Aug 25, 2011
Not only is Jake at Perfect Air a poor installer...Now they promoted him to a "Professional Installer". OOHhh Boy, now he can do a really good job..
Rick

Aurora, IL

#12 Aug 25, 2011
jake wrote:
terrible customer service rick the owner of the company is very unethical unprofessional and I would never recommend anybody ever going to that place I have paid 500 dollars for body work to be done on my truck after call him today to follow up with that he's not telling me I never gave him that money
Wow..The last sentence really let's everyone know how smart you are Jake...Get Your A/C or heat worked on from Perfect Air, I will keep it professional so I will not make any bad comments. You can make your own opinion..LOL
Rick

Aurora, IL

#13 Aug 25, 2011
Wow..The last sentence really let's everyone know how smart you are Jake...Get Your A/C or heat worked on from Perfect Air, I will keep it professional so I will not make any bad comments. You can make your own opinion..LOL
Rick

Aurora, IL

#14 Aug 25, 2011
xap wrote:
We have older vehicles that we would like to keep running and this place has done exactly that for us. One of the first times we used them was to fix our heater. The Ford dealership could not give us an estimate until they "got it in there," but said it would probably be over $800. Aurora Automotive Solutions charged us $150. I did call another Ford dealership after the fact, and their quote was $200. After that experience, we have continued to take both vehicles in, and our costs have been reasonable and customer service has been great.
Thank you for your business!!!
Rick

Aurora, IL

#15 Aug 25, 2011
Thank you for your business!!!
Rick

Aurora, IL

#16 Aug 25, 2011
marty wrote:
One of our neighbors took her car there, she's pregnant and said a mechanic wouldn't take advantage of a pregnant woman.
Turns out her Fuel pump went out and it was in the gas tank,first they said 140 for parts plus 200 labor. Next day they called her and said they had to "special order" her sending unit (yea right).So that delayed everything 2 days (shouldn't have to special order a chevy part). Somehow ordering this part made the labor cost go up to 350!
When all was said and done her bill came out to 785! I looked up the parts, they were common and available at Napa and cost under $100 bucks. To drop the tank,remove old one and install new one is roughly 3 hrs (i'm being generous)for about 200 bucks labor.Total should have been "roughly" 300 bucks for the WHOLE job! I didn't have the heart to tell her she'd been scammed! I just told her it was a little on the "high" side. If they will do this to a pregnant woman, imagine what they will do to anyone else.
I'm not a former employee or a customer, just know about this place from her.
I recommend avoiding this place.
It could just mean the truth also, parts are not easy to get in good quality anymore. We are not in the business of ripping clients off. The fuel pump that you looked up, let me guess it looks like a little fish tank pump, right? It's the wrong one...you were not here when the fuel tank was removed and is was a different design from the manufacture. Therefore it had to be ordered direct from the dealers supplier in Chicago. Please...Everyone has an opinion, But if you do not know the FACTS don't speak.
Rick

Aurora, IL

#17 Aug 25, 2011
It could just mean the truth also, parts are not easy to get in good quality anymore. We are not in the business of ripping clients off. The fuel pump that you looked up, let me guess it looks like a little fish tank pump, right? It's the wrong one...you were not here when the fuel tank was removed and is was a different design from the manufacture. Therefore it had to be ordered direct from the dealers supplier in Chicago. Please...Everyone has an opinion, But if you do not know the FACTS don't speak.
Rick

Aurora, IL

#18 Aug 25, 2011
ddd wrote:
you still beter then me,i pay 400$ people stay away from this shop
Is your vehicle fixed?
Rick

Aurora, IL

#19 Aug 25, 2011
Is your vehicle fixed?
15+ yrs in auto industry

Aurora, IL

#20 Aug 28, 2011
I love how everyone thinks they are getting ripped off every time they bring their car in. What do you people do for a living? Do you make it a habit of ripping people off? Of course not! If you did, you wouldn't be in business very long. We have to charge diagnostic fees and make a profit on parts an labor. We ARE a business. Technicians do not go through all our training to diagnose your car for free!
What do you do at your workplace for people for free?
I understand you are not happy shelling out your hard earned money to fix your car, but do not blame the people fixing it for you. Maybe if people would actually maintain their vehicles according to the specs in their owners manuals they would get a lot more mileage out of them. Or is that a big scam too?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Montgomery Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Batavia to air hearing on controversial Campana... Aug 4 Michael Sandstrom 3
Review: iLoveKickboxing - Aurora (Feb '15) Jul '17 kimmaloney14 59
News East Aurora High school on alert after student'... (Feb '08) Jul '17 Dan 16
Is Oswego a good place to live? (Jan '12) Jul '17 John Caliendo Pla... 31
Kristen Marie Northrop of yorkville a Rat!! May '17 Proofofit 1
Elliptigo Bike May '17 OswegoAmerican 2
News Condo manager critical of Neighborhood Watch (Jun '13) Dec '16 Wilsonthejudge 11

Montgomery Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Montgomery Mortgages