New ladder truck gives firefighters extra reach

May 10, 2010 Full story: Oswego Ledger-Sentinel 21

Oswego Fire Protection District firefighters will soon have a greater reach when battling local structure fires.

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
concerned oswego citizen

Oswego, IL

#1 May 16, 2010
did you know the deputy chief at the fire department is a high school drop out?? that he has ceased the training program for firefighters! he is intimidated by anyone who has an education, or is trying to better themselves by taking extra classes---he blackballs them. firefighters should be fit, right?? the deputy chief weighs over 400 pounds!!! he sets a fine example!
Underwhelmed

United States

#2 May 18, 2010
Ya they really need this ladder for all the high rises in Oswego, right? What a WASTE of money. I respect firefighters and paramedics, but seriously, there are WAY too many of them in Oswego who are simply not needed.
firewife

Oswego, IL

#3 May 23, 2010
Ummm... if you know anything about the fire service, you would know that a ladder truck is more for REAACH than height. Perhaps you should do your research before making comments that are simply not needed.
seriously

Oswego, IL

#4 Jun 12, 2010
Underwhelmed wrote:
Ya they really need this ladder for all the high rises in Oswego, right? What a WASTE of money. I respect firefighters and paramedics, but seriously, there are WAY too many of them in Oswego who are simply not needed.
You obviously have no respect for firefighters or paramedics if you think this town has too many of them! What if your house was on fire or you were in a car accident or sick and needed help, who would you call?? Oh wait, you'd call the too many, not needed firefighters!!!!!

BTW, Einstein, ladder trucks are more for reach then height.
seriously

Oswego, IL

#5 Jun 12, 2010
concerned oswego citizen wrote:
did you know the deputy chief at the fire department is a high school drop out?? that he has ceased the training program for firefighters! he is intimidated by anyone who has an education, or is trying to better themselves by taking extra classes---he blackballs them. firefighters should be fit, right?? the deputy chief weighs over 400 pounds!!! he sets a fine example!
Please tell us your real feelings about the deputy chief! So are you an unhappy employee or do you just not like him?
firewife

Oswego, IL

#6 Jun 12, 2010
How is my post nuts? Or spam? If you don't believe me, ask a firefighter, that's where I learned it from!

Seriously, I absolutely agree with you!
Wow

Aurora, IL

#7 Jun 14, 2010
firewife, you really need to examine your motives and/or get a hobby that is not so inflammatory to yourself and others. You have so many angry, defensive posts on this forum - you need to examine your core of anger and frustration. If you are not happy, find out the reason why and become self-realized.
firewife

Oswego, IL

#8 Jun 14, 2010
ummm... not to sound "angry" or "defensive" but my post was neither. What was so "angry" and "defensive" about it? Wow, you sound very judgemental and until you have something intelligent to share that actually has to do with the topic, perhaps you should keep your opinions about what you think someone's personality is, to yourself! Personally, I have a very happy and content life... not that it's any of your business. Perhaps you should you should become "self-realized" and not judge others so much.
seriously

Oswego, IL

#9 Jun 14, 2010
"Wow", I have to ask, why are you attacking firewife? On 3 different posts?? Just curious. Did she offend you in some way? Because she doesn't seem to be angry or no more defensive than anyone else. Expecially on this thread. So, why her?
concerning

Oswego, IL

#10 Jun 15, 2010
Yes, "Wow" we are all waiting to know why you are choosing Firewife of all people to attack on here?? Especailly concidering underwhelmed's comment about there being too many fireman that are not needed, if she was as "angry' and "defensive" as you claim she is, she would have jumped all over them for that. "Wow", why don't you stop and look in the mirror, you obviously have some problem and are unhappy about something, but taking it out on someone you don't even know isn't the way to handle it. So like I asked before, and I sure hope this isn't the case, is it because she's a woman??? A fireman's wife??? what is it?
Resident

Oswego, IL

#11 Jun 15, 2010
I have learned a long time ago that there is never to much help! Just ask someone who's life was saved and they will tell you. It's kind of like a argument about the healthcare bill, some people say it will cost to much but other people say living longer and staying alive has no money value. I say, have to much help before to little because we will never be out of debt in this world now that our congress fell asleep at the wheel and gave our country away to China and etc...Love the people who help you!!!!!!!!!!
firewife

Oswego, IL

#12 Jun 15, 2010
Thank you Seriously and Concerning!
JAA

Montgomery, IL

#13 Jun 15, 2010
i see no problem with the ladder if it could at anytime help save a life why not
concerned oswego citizen

United States

#14 Jun 16, 2010
not an employee, but i took a tour of the new fire station, er, palace. the deputy chief is one fat slob, he'd have a heart attack running 10 feet. has anyone ever check who are the suppliers of the department?? i heard plumbing and insurance are provided by the fireboard. that means we PAY our tax dollars to two of the boardmembers instead of seeking bids!!!!
Getum

Oswego, IL

#15 Jun 16, 2010
not an employee, but i took a tour of the new fire station, er, palace. the deputy chief is one fat slob, he'd have a heart attack running 10 feet. has anyone ever check who are the suppliers of the department?? i heard plumbing and insurance are provided by the fireboard. that means we PAY our tax dollars to two of the boardmembers instead of seeking bids!!!!
Then take care of that for us Limbaugh junior!
JAA

Montgomery, IL

#16 Jun 17, 2010
that is why is deputy cheif he doesnt do all the work the actual firemen do he supervises im sure he did his time
Proud Mommy

Oswego, IL

#17 Jun 17, 2010
Perhaps I am wrong but I think you are that guy, er, loser, that likes to slam the firefighters no matter what they do! Get a life and leave the true heroes alone!
Mary

Warrenville, IL

#18 Sep 13, 2010
I have seen the "NEW" truck first hand! Number one it has not ever been operational since it was purchased for one million US bills. There is zero need for a million buck ladder truck. It is currently being driven from town to town and shown off as a trophy instead of used for it's intended purpose. People should educate themselves a bit before posting on here.
Fox Watcher

Island Lake, IL

#19 Sep 14, 2010
As long as they don't eat rib-eye steak cordon bleu befor bed and fall asleep in the bosses lazy boy let them play with there new truck.
LooseSomeWeightC hief

Bloomington, IL

#20 Sep 16, 2010
concerned oswego citizen said: "the deputy chief weighs over 400 pounds!!! he sets a fine example!"
==========
If the deputy chief is 400+ pounds, the village board should mount a light bar and siren on his head and strap a ladder to his back and roll him to the fires instead of wasting all of the money on a new truck

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Montgomery Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
IL Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr Cali Girl 2014 50,053
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) 1 hr LieutenantGov 4,053
IL Illinois Governor Recall Amendment (Oct '10) Sep 27 Blwlgo 1,934
Review: Kirkshire Hotels & Resorts Sep 25 Erik 1
Oswego resume talks on future police facilities Sep 24 Eric 2
Oswego Mayor, Three Village Board Spots Up for ... Sep 22 Branded Criminal 1
IL Who do you support for Lieutenant Governor in I... (Oct '10) Sep 20 fosterbrooks 156
Montgomery Dating
Find my Match

Montgomery Jobs

Montgomery People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Montgomery News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Montgomery

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]