Off-duty officer pulls gun in Oswego ...

Off-duty officer pulls gun in Oswego Wal-Mart

There are 20 comments on the The Beacon-News story from Feb 6, 2012, titled Off-duty officer pulls gun in Oswego Wal-Mart. In it, The Beacon-News reports that:

The Kendall County sheriff's office is conducting an internal investigation after an off-duty deputy pulled out his weapon during an argument with a customer in a Wal-Mart check-out line Sunday afternoon.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Beacon-News.

fred

Sugar Grove, IL

#1 Feb 7, 2012
Sounds like Oswego Wal-Mart is a good place to stay out of.
It would appear that someone is taking their alleged authority a bit to far.
hot in here

Plainfield, IL

#2 Feb 7, 2012
an argument is never a reason or anyone to pull a gun out let alone a trained officer. is there more to the story???
antoine boo

United States

#3 Feb 7, 2012
No we dont want to lose customers, how did we knoe kendall county had a sheriff that would do that??
Military Veteran

Potosi, MO

#4 Feb 7, 2012
There has to be more to the story than just the guy who got arrested says, police are trained in using use of force and it is hard to imagine a veteran officer just pulling a gun on a man for just being mad at him.....
someone

Coal City, IL

#5 Feb 8, 2012
poop
denise

Sugar Grove, IL

#6 Feb 8, 2012
Maybe if Illinois had a concealed carry law an arrogant,self absorbed person would not be so quick to pull a gun on another person for such a trivial reason.
Might think about his actions a little more.
BLACK OPS

Aurora, IL

#7 Feb 8, 2012
Seriously? My school is right by that area!
BLACK OPS

Aurora, IL

#8 Feb 8, 2012
BTW he takes his job way to seriously!^_^
BLACK OPS

Aurora, IL

#9 Feb 8, 2012
someone wrote:
poop
heh heh heh
denise

Sugar Grove, IL

#10 Feb 8, 2012
BLACK OPS wrote:
BTW he takes his job way to seriously!^_^
Gee, you think so?
War Vet

Downers Grove, IL

#11 Feb 9, 2012
You are 100% correct in that statement!
denise wrote:
Maybe if Illinois had a concealed carry law an arrogant,self absorbed person would not be so quick to pull a gun on another person for such a trivial reason.
Might think about his actions a little more.
COPSRSTOOPID

Southport, NC

#12 Feb 10, 2012
cops is stupid. ask the one who's gonna want to kill me LOL
BLACK OPS

Aurora, IL

#13 Feb 11, 2012
denise wrote:
<quoted text>
Gee, you think so?
ya
Gunwielder

Colorado Springs, CO

#14 Feb 11, 2012
You see what happens when the state disarms the citizens? Apparently this "cop" did not identify himself before pulling his gun. Had a law-abiding citizen with the proper permit committed this same act, we would be hearing about "get the guns out of their hands". Now, had a law abiding citizen, with weapon and carry permit, witnessed this and reacted appropriately, the copy would have been staring down the barrel of a gun held by that citizen. At that point, I wouldn't care if you showed me 100 badges, your a$$ best drop the gun or I WILL shoot. And, according to the police, I would have been in the "wrong" here. People of New York, stand up for your rights! You have the RIGHT TO BEAR ARMS!! You do not have to tolerate this type of behavior- this guy is a danger to society and should not be carrying a firearm or a badge! He should be wearing a number! People of New York, let your voices be heard in the voting booth! Fight for your 2nd amendment rights!
Gunwielder

Colorado Springs, CO

#15 Feb 11, 2012
People of Illinois should recognize this as their wake up call! New York, Illinois, California.....people, wake up! You have a Constitutional RIGHT to bear arms! This idiot was able to do this because he KNOWS that NOBODY can lawfully meet his aggression with a firearm with an equalizing firearm- LEGALLY.
Hill

Frankfort, IL

#16 Feb 12, 2012
bunch of hillbillies out there
gunwielder

Colorado Springs, CO

#17 Feb 13, 2012
Now I see that they (while in uniform and on duty) pulled their guns on an 8 year old! These guys need to be removed- THEY constitute a serious threat to public safety and have clearly demonstrated that 1. they have created an atmosphere where pulling your gun on someone is OK, no matter what 2. have zero accountability for their actions. As I stated in a previous post, it won't be long before they shoot an innocent person.(afterwhich, they will hold an "investigation" and clear themselves of any wrong doing). Contact your lawmakers and politicians- demand the removal of ALL of these officers and the entire "leadership" (they are responsible for creating this environment). Recall the sheriff and hold an emergency election.
Pig_Sticker

Southport, NC

#18 Feb 13, 2012
mr wielder, it's "bare arms", but bear arms would be cool too ROOOOOOAAAR!!!:insert family guy episode here:
Gunwielder

Colorado Springs, CO

#19 Feb 14, 2012
Pig_Sticker- ha! I didn't even notice that until you pointed it out! Too funny! The fingers just type away and I totally suck at proofing my own work! I'll take the bear arms as long as I can still have the trigger finger!:-p Thanks for pointing that out and the comedic response to it!
SS Commander

Germany

#20 Feb 14, 2012
i heard about an officer giving a resident this advise after his house was robbed and they stole ONE thing: "maybe you left your door unlocked so make sure you double check it next time". DO YOU LOSER A$$ OSWGO COPS LEAVE YOUR DOORS UNLOCKED? YEA, BECAUSE EVERYONE BUT THE POLICE ARE INCOMPETENT RIGHT? you are such fgg0+s

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Montgomery Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: iLoveKickboxing - Aurora (Feb '15) Apr 15 Hope701 80
News North Aurora residents question proposal for ol... Apr 7 knowing 2
Javier Beltran (Rhino) Mar '18 Javier beltran 3
Don't Buy in Mill Race Creek (Sep '10) Feb '18 J hollarback 24
News Aurora mayor invokes Martin Luther King in urgi... Feb '18 Mike 2
Anyone 65 or older that remembers the David Hot... (Feb '14) Feb '18 Sheila 3
Gang members are loser cowards (Apr '09) Jan '18 Maggie 11

Montgomery Jobs

Personal Finance

Montgomery Mortgages