Montgomery couple uses wind turbine t...

Montgomery couple uses wind turbine to generate electricity

There are 26 comments on the Beacon News story from Jun 8, 2011, titled Montgomery couple uses wind turbine to generate electricity. In it, Beacon News reports that:

Lilly and Mark Sullivan are going greener by making a major addition to their home.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Beacon News.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Me in hellinois

Somonauk, IL

#21 Jun 13, 2011
Praxis wrote:
Oil independence is a myth as long as we don't change our usage. Simply can't happen
Renewable energy is a start but the cost is extreme thus far. And we, the taxpayers should not have any of our monies allocated to this effort. Leave that to the private investors. As I said earlier, T. Boone Pickens was in, then he was out. If anyone here knows of any other private investors going into renewable energies, I would really like to know who they are. It should still be considered in study and research, but not shoved to the forefront as an actual solution - even as a supplemental source. The numbers don't add up - cost vs. benefit.
Johnny Appleseed

Melrose Park, IL

#22 Jun 13, 2011
Eric wrote:
The US must be a sample for the world, not as number one oil consumer, but as number one renewable energy producer/consumer.
It has to be kept in mind, that renewable energy is creating jobs not only by the sector alone. For example I am preferring goods from Germany, since I know that these are produced with more renewable energy. Additional to the labour created by the renewable energy sector, my way of thinking will also create jobs and I think one of the reasons Germany is such a good export country is that I am not the only one...
You posted,"The US must be a example for the world,..." In one breath, the liberal leftists say, "Who does America think they are, trying to make and want everyone to be and do just like we do, and in the very next breath,the leftist liberals say we have to be an example. Liberals can't have it both ways, either America is exemplary and worthly of serving as model or as the liberals most consistenly clain and as Obama proclaimed, America isn't "exceptional" any more than any other country is exceptional. " Obama said, when "asked at a 2009 press conference in Europe whether he believed in American exceptionalism , he replied,"I believe in American exceptionalism just as I suspect the Brits believe in British exceptionalism and the Greeks in Greek exceptionalism."
" Obama seems to be insisting, in effect, that there is nothing especially unique about America." If as Obama Claims," America Isn't exceptional" Then how is it that we should be used as an example for other countries to follow.
The Keeper

United States

#23 Jun 13, 2011
Me in hellinois wrote:
<quoted text>
Renewable energy is a start but the cost is extreme thus far. And we, the taxpayers should not have any of our monies allocated to this effort. Leave that to the private investors. As I said earlier, T. Boone Pickens was in, then he was out. If anyone here knows of any other private investors going into renewable energies, I would really like to know who they are. It should still be considered in study and research, but not shoved to the forefront as an actual solution - even as a supplemental source. The numbers don't add up - cost vs. benefit.
Pickens was in it for the money....nothing else. Not a very good reference. It's here to stay,like it or not,and the government will be supporting it to the dissapointment of big oil and natural gas.
Johnny Appleseed

United States

#24 Jun 14, 2011
The Keeper wrote:
<quoted text>Pickens was in it for the money....nothing else. Not a very good reference. It's here to stay,like it or not,and the government will be supporting it to the dissapointment of big oil and natural gas.
You followed the quite familiar Liberal line in denigrating American oil and gas companies. American oil and gas companies are composed of a lot of everyday hardworking Americans who have invested in these American companies, those same oil and gas companies which provides other Americans with jobs who in turn use the wages they earn to buy their homes, their groceries, their clothes and their childrens education. These greedy oil an gas companies as you refer to them keep this economy going and healthy Do you condemn all Americans just because they happen to own stock in American Oil and Gas companies, you must because the stock holder are the financiers of these companies. Is it now disgraceful for a company to earn a profit in America,that same profit that enables a company to stay in business and hire more American people. No one should bad-mouth American companies because they make a profit,those very same companies which, if they make a profit, can hire more people which enables American people to keep their homes and families together and keeps America strong and healthy. Would it help you or America if American Oil and gas companies went out of business, if you answer honestly, the answer has to be "NO," It would only harm you and this country.
llcoolj

Sugar Grove, IL

#25 Jun 14, 2011
The Keeper wrote:
<quoted text>. It's here to stay,like it or not,and the government will be supporting it to the dissapointment of big oil and natural gas.
Maybe after we get rid of our present one term regime that won't be the case.
We can only hope that the next administration will be more open to keeping the economy moving forward instead of being bent on its destruction.
Maybe common sense will prevail again.
Hammer

Morocco, IN

#26 Jun 14, 2011
I don't think the last administration did a very good job either. Your not going to drill your way out of this one baby. By the way,drilling has increased more during this administration than any other in the last decade.....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Montgomery Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Stephen da business glory on Facebook is a sex ... Feb 26 A concerned mom 1
Prairie Point Elementary Feb 25 unknown source 1
News Malls debate teen policies after fights Feb 21 John Caliendo 5
i.c.e. Feb 21 Dale 3
Review: iLoveKickboxing - Aurora (Feb '15) Feb '17 Ashley B 56
Oswego Police Suck (Dec '10) Feb '17 Jack Mehoff 28
i still love you (Sep '15) Feb '17 Jack Mehoff 2

Montgomery Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance