Montgomery couple uses wind turbine t...

Montgomery couple uses wind turbine to generate electricity

There are 26 comments on the Beacon News story from Jun 8, 2011, titled Montgomery couple uses wind turbine to generate electricity. In it, Beacon News reports that:

Lilly and Mark Sullivan are going greener by making a major addition to their home.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Beacon News.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Me in hellinois

Somonauk, IL

#1 Jun 8, 2011
The only thing this article in the Beacon News is generating is a complete load of BS
Look out Oswego residents for the greenies are coming here next
earl

Sugar Grove, IL

#2 Jun 9, 2011
Me in hellinois wrote:
The only thing this article in the Beacon News is generating is a complete load of BS
Look out Oswego residents for the greenies are coming here next
Oh, but won't it just make everyone feel so warm and fuzzy?
It does not have to make sense. Just do it for the feeling of feeling politically correct.

This is what the obama regime wants.
Cuff em stuff em

United States

#3 Jun 9, 2011
We don't need no stinking green energy !! I love big oil and coal companies !! Let's keep them big and fat and let them screw the hell out of us because we're to stupid to figure out anything to get us out from under their thumb.
Johnny Appleseed

United States

#4 Jun 10, 2011
Cuff em stuff em wrote:
We don't need no stinking green energy !! I love big oil and coal companies !! Let's keep them big and fat and let them screw the hell out of us because we're to stupid to figure out anything to get us out from under their thumb.
Good News!.... in 25 years Canada can supply us with all the oil we need, in the mean time we can shut down the coal mines, let the EPA/ Obama continue to ban drilling for oil in America and continue to pay and be subject to terrorist supporting thugs for our oil. The situation here in America is not really that bad though if we make some slight accommodations... Park your cars,ride the public transportation system, move to the city and live in a 3-flat apartment use government approved light bulbs etc. etc. If this doesn't appeal to you don't worry.... Obama medical health care rationing is awaiting you. Then you just might be ok if you can do as Rip-Van Winkle and sleep for 20 years.... Obama should be long-gone by then.
By the way.... How many have you all signed up for The "Sullivan wind turbine"They are only estimated to cost as much as $40,000. Get em while they're cheap..... Get em while they're cheap, after all, whatever the price, its a small price to pay in order to screw those greedy coal and oil companies.

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#5 Jun 10, 2011
Johnny Appleseed wrote:
<quoted text>Good News!.... in 25 years Canada can supply us with all the oil we need, in the mean time we can shut down the coal mines, let the EPA/ Obama continue to ban drilling for oil in America.
Last week the administration reopened leasing rights for government lands to the oil companies. The oil companies refused to use the leases.
Me in hellinois

Somonauk, IL

#6 Jun 10, 2011
joshw wrote:
<quoted text>
Last week the administration reopened leasing rights for government lands to the oil companies. The oil companies refused to use the leases.
Would appreciate some further info, Josh, to support your statement. I would really like to see an open and honest debate about this subject.
llcoolj

Sugar Grove, IL

#7 Jun 10, 2011
joshw wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you know if those leases were reasonable to drill in?
Or did the Obama regime just pick and choose which ones to okay?
You do know that some sites are much more likely to produce than others, don't you?
Don't fall for Obama's bullshit please.
We do need oil from this country for independence.
Let us not play games.
Demos

United States

#8 Jun 10, 2011
llcoolj wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you know if those leases were reasonable to drill in?
Or did the Obama regime just pick and choose which ones to okay?
You do know that some sites are much more likely to produce than others, don't you?
Don't fall for Obama's bullshit please.
We do need oil from this country for independence.
Let us not play games.
If your waiting for "oil independence" in this country you will have a long wait since we don't have enough here to satisfy our thirst. Besides, it would not be any cheaper unless we stop selling oil on the world market.
Johnny Appleseed

United States

#9 Jun 11, 2011
joshw wrote:
<quoted text>
The Obama administration has a split personality, the one personality that it exposes for public scrutiny and the other personality( The real Obama administration personality) which is the one which carrys out the Obama policies and agendas.
A example of this split Obama administration personality is, Obama may say publically that he gives his approval to drill for oil again,'the public personality' knowing that the real Obama personality,'his administration',( The ( EPA) won't approve of or lift the bans on drilling for oil.For the oil companies to get approval to drill for oil takes study after impact study to obtain a permit from the(EPA) and takes a very long time. If they cannot shut down the domestic oil and gas industry directly, they will do it indirectly, through environmental regulation. "Remember last year when they shut off the water in the Valley in California because of the "Delta Smelt"? drilling for oil won't be permitted because.... "A three-inch lizard"..."Called the Dunes Sagebrush Lizard,".... "that thrives in desert conditions could shut down oil and gas operations in portions of Southeast New Mexico and in West Texas, including the state's top two oil producing counties."
"....the Dunes Sagebrush Lizard,...is being considered for inclusion on the federal Endangered Species listing by the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service. This lizard is the West Texas version of the smelt." Obama says its ok to drill for oil 'publically', the (EPA) says " no" and Obama goes on about his business of stopping oil companies from drilling for oil.
Me in hellinois

Somonauk, IL

#10 Jun 11, 2011
Demos wrote:
<quoted text>If your waiting for "oil independence" in this country you will have a long wait since we don't have enough here to satisfy our thirst. Besides, it would not be any cheaper unless we stop selling oil on the world market.
If we are to believe in the power of solar and wind energy to "satisfy our thirst" the long wait is going to be much longer. Throwing millions of dollars into renewable energies is contributing to the current economic situation. It also is filling the pockets of those that support this agenda. Solar and wind energy are supplemental at best - you still have to "plug in" to a reliable source to power the grid.
We have the resources and the ability to tap them, but it has been a political game to do so. It has been this way for decades.
signus

Morocco, IN

#11 Jun 11, 2011
Me in hellinois wrote:
<quoted text>
If we are to believe in the power of solar and wind energy to "satisfy our thirst" the long wait is going to be much longer. Throwing millions of dollars into renewable energies is contributing to the current economic situation. It also is filling the pockets of those that support this agenda. Solar and wind energy are supplemental at best - you still have to "plug in" to a reliable source to power the grid.
We have the resources and the ability to tap them, but it has been a political game to do so. It has been this way for decades.
Indeed we will have to "plug in" as you say to keep the lights on. Solar and wind power was never meant to be the only power source . The only people who believe this are the uninformed . They have little understanding about the workings of the system except for the inaccurate postings on the web. Alternative power sources will help reduce the number of fossil fuel and nuclear power plants we will need in the future.
Me in hellinois

Somonauk, IL

#12 Jun 12, 2011
signus wrote:
<quoted text>Indeed we will have to "plug in" as you say to keep the lights on. Solar and wind power was never meant to be the only power source . The only people who believe this are the uninformed . They have little understanding about the workings of the system except for the inaccurate postings on the web. Alternative power sources will help reduce the number of fossil fuel and nuclear power plants we will need in the future.
The alternative energies we are talking about are extremely expensive. Uninformed, lacking understanding of "the system" and believing inaccurate postings on the web? You are assuming things - but these are typical responses to those that question the green agenda. And I shall not dare to guess what party you blindly follow. Am I uniformed ? No. Skeptical ? Yes. Maybe you should consider the web sites you rely on for your information.
Rememener T.Boone Pickens went a a media campaign endorsing wind energy just a few years ago. He invested in turbines manufactured by GE. Anyone that knows the background of GE knows where their bread is buttered. Well, T. Boone bailed on the whole idea late last year. He figured it out. Despite the tax incentives, subsidies - he bailed. So now he is trying to sell these turbines he invested in to Canada, because the Canadian government has MANDATES that require consumers to purchase "renewable" energies.
SIGNET

Morocco, IN

#13 Jun 12, 2011
Me in hellinois wrote:
<quoted text>
The alternative energies we are talking about are extremely expensive. Uninformed, lacking understanding of "the system" and believing inaccurate postings on the web? You are assuming things - but these are typical responses to those that question the green agenda. And I shall not dare to guess what party you blindly follow. Am I uniformed ? No. Skeptical ? Yes. Maybe you should consider the web sites you rely on for your information.
Rememener T.Boone Pickens went a a media campaign endorsing wind energy just a few years ago. He invested in turbines manufactured by GE. Anyone that knows the background of GE knows where their bread is buttered. Well, T. Boone bailed on the whole idea late last year. He figured it out. Despite the tax incentives, subsidies - he bailed. So now he is trying to sell these turbines he invested in to Canada, because the Canadian government has MANDATES that require consumers to purchase "renewable" energies.
Don't rely on propaganda as you obviously do for your information.
llcoolj

Sugar Grove, IL

#14 Jun 13, 2011
SIGNET wrote:
<quoted text>Don't rely on propaganda as you obviously do for your information.
From your comments it would appear you are the one listening to propaganda. Lets hope you all don't succeed in the destruction of our economy with forcing these unproven, unreliable and very expensive schemes on the rest of us.

Drill baby drill. Lets use our untapped sources of fossil fuels to become energy independent while you all get your stuff together for reliable and cost effective new energy sources.

The Chinese must be licking their chops to see how self destructive we are. They will of course have nothing to do with this economic suicide and will run us into the ground if we are foolish enough to destroy our economy by raiaing energy rates out of this world.
Johnny Appleseed

United States

#15 Jun 13, 2011
llcoolj wrote:
<quoted text>
From your comments it would appear you are the one listening to propaganda. Lets hope you all don't succeed in the destruction of our economy with forcing these unproven, unreliable and very expensive schemes on the rest of us.
Drill baby drill. Lets use our untapped sources of fossil fuels to become energy independent while you all get your stuff together for reliable and cost effective new energy sources.
The Chinese must be licking their chops to see how self destructive we are. They will of course have nothing to do with this economic suicide and will run us into the ground if we are foolish enough to destroy our economy by raiaing energy rates out of this world.
You are so right, While the president and the green... environmental Global warming leftists shut down the American economy the Chinese, India and the rest of the countries go about pumping out polutats from their industries with reckless disregard for saving the world... So America is going to save the planet alone by closing down its industries while the rest of the world ignores the enviromental wacko's and goes about its business. We'll show them backward countries how smart we are, we'll shut down America and save the world...Way-to-go America.
llcoolj

Sugar Grove, IL

#16 Jun 13, 2011
More good news from the greenies.

According to an article in Sundays Tribune we can expect our electric bills to jump 40% to 60% in the next few years due to closing of coal fired plants by the regulatory agency edicts that force them to shut down.

Congratulations. This is astounding. This is economic suicide.
Eric

Kocaeli, Turkey

#17 Jun 13, 2011
The US must be a sample for the world, not as number one oil consumer, but as number one renewable energy producer/consumer.
It has to be kept in mind, that renewable energy is creating jobs not only by the sector alone. For example I am preferring goods from Germany, since I know that these are produced with more renewable energy. Additional to the labour created by the renewable energy sector, my way of thinking will also create jobs and I think one of the reasons Germany is such a good export country is that I am not the only one...
llcoolj

Sugar Grove, IL

#18 Jun 13, 2011
Eric wrote:
The US must be a sample for the world, not as number one oil consumer, but as number one renewable energy producer/consumer.
It has to be kept in mind, that renewable energy is creating jobs not only by the sector alone. For example I am preferring goods from Germany, since I know that these are produced with more renewable energy. Additional to the labour created by the renewable energy sector, my way of thinking will also create jobs and I think one of the reasons Germany is such a good export country is that I am not the only one...
Keep on dreaming of the perfect world.

Unfortunately we don't live in a perfect world.

We will be destroyed by people who are only interested in THEIR future.

It is time that we in the USA look out for the USA.

Please.
SIGNET

Morocco, IN

#19 Jun 13, 2011
llcoolj wrote:
<quoted text>
If you really think we can drill our way out of this problem you are only fooling yourself. Stick you head back in your oil well and let the grownups take care of this.
Praxis

Morocco, IN

#20 Jun 13, 2011
Oil independence is a myth as long as we don't change our usage. Simply can't happen

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Montgomery Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: iLoveKickboxing - Aurora (Feb '15) Sep 22 Indre K 61
News Dennis Hastert 'adamantly denies' child sex ass... Sep 14 Latter Day Taint 1
News Mooseheart asks state high court to review case (Oct '09) Sep 8 Ginnypig 16
News Take a guided tour of Viking ship Saturday Aug '17 Katie m 1
News Batavia to air hearing on controversial Campana... Aug '17 Michael Sandstrom 3
News East Aurora High school on alert after student'... (Feb '08) Jul '17 Dan 16
News Condo manager critical of Neighborhood Watch (Jun '13) Dec '16 Wilsonthejudge 11

Montgomery Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Montgomery Mortgages