Ala. immigration law stands, but cops...

Ala. immigration law stands, but cops still wary

There are 48 comments on the The Capital-Journal story from Sep 29, 2011, titled Ala. immigration law stands, but cops still wary. In it, The Capital-Journal reports that:

The police chief of a small town in the Appalachian foothills of Alabama didn't know what to do about checking the immigration status of a Hispanic man his department recently arrested on an old warrant.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Capital-Journal.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

“Work hard at work worth doing.”

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#42 Oct 1, 2011
EAGLE EYE1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I hear ya Tinkie and were getting out the winter gear as well next month.. But right now its no shoes and no shirt and just shorts.. ;-) Of course you are north of me..
Hope you have a great weekend..
Eagle
I wore sandals and capris to the grocery store with a ligh jacket. It was in the low 50's and felt fantastic. It was in the low 70's during the day yesterday, and this is when I feel invigoratd and ready to take on all kinds of things around the house. Our fall crop is doing nicely, but we still have plenty of tomatoes on the vines. How is Proud American doing...I haven't seen an update on her and her family in a while.

“ON THE PROWL”

Since: May 08

Rest well Brother

#43 Oct 1, 2011
teddyr4me wrote:
<quoted text>I wore sandals and capris to the grocery store with a ligh jacket. It was in the low 50's and felt fantastic. It was in the low 70's during the day yesterday, and this is when I feel invigoratd and ready to take on all kinds of things around the house. Our fall crop is doing nicely, but we still have plenty of tomatoes on the vines. How is Proud American doing...I haven't seen an update on her and her family in a while.
Sweetie I wish I knew regarding PA2.. I requested and got her avatar pic banned from topix so the troll's can never use it again like they did..

Are you canning this year??

Native American - Amazing Grace (in cherokee)
&fe ature=related&noredirect=1

Hugs love and Prayers for her entire family..

Eagle

“Work hard at work worth doing.”

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#44 Oct 1, 2011
EAGLE EYE1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Sweetie I wish I knew regarding PA2.. I requested and got her avatar pic banned from topix so the troll's can never use it again like they did..
Are you canning this year??
Native American - Amazing Grace (in cherokee)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =UvYIjFtPQEkXX&feature=rel ated&noredirect=1
Hugs love and Prayers for her entire family..
Eagle
I might have to do the tomatoes...the rest is cabbage, broccoli and cauliflower.

That was very thoughtful of you to have her avatar put in retirement to honor her. Please let me know when and if you get an update...I share your concern and love for her family. Thanks, and have a great day!

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#45 Oct 1, 2011
EAGLE EYE1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Sweetie I wish I knew regarding PA2.. I requested and got her avatar pic banned from topix so the troll's can never use it again like they did..
Are you canning this year??
Native American - Amazing Grace (in cherokee)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =UvYIjFtPQEkXX&feature=rel ated&noredirect=1
Hugs love and Prayers for her entire family..
Eagle
Thanks for posting the link.

That is amazing!
Juan

Pearland, TX

#46 Oct 1, 2011
teddyr4me wrote:
<quoted text>I wore sandals and capris to the grocery store with a ligh jacket. It was in the low 50's and felt fantastic. It was in the low 70's during the day yesterday, and this is when I feel invigoratd and ready to take on all kinds of things around the house. Our fall crop is doing nicely, but we still have plenty of tomatoes on the vines. How is Proud American doing...I haven't seen an update on her and her family in a while.
And tell me you don't use undocumented workers to pick your tomatoes.

Perfect weather in the Houston Area to build new homes !
Anonymous

Boise, ID

#47 Oct 1, 2011
spytheweb wrote:
<quoted text>
The noose is tightening on illegals aliens, places to hide are getting smaller.
Very well said!!

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

#48 Oct 1, 2011
Juan wrote:
Beagle........you don't know what your talking about. American needs the undocumented worker.
The tax cheats make out with an illegal workforce.

Since: Nov 09

Newnan, GA

#49 Oct 2, 2011
More pro ILLEGAL workforce BS from the farmers"North Alabama grower Jeremy Calvert of Bremen said he and other farmers would prefer hiring native Alabamians for field work, but it's just not possible. Calvert and other farmers have asked legislators to amend the law, possibly by carving out an exception for agriculture, but any changes are at least weeks away, and possibly much longer.

"It's a real shame that a working farmer has to break the law now just to make a living," he said." No the shame is the working farmer has been making a living for years by hiring ILLEGALS and now has finally gotten caught doing it. Meanwhile making the taxpayers of AL pay for the education of the ILLEGALS children. Let those farmers go out of buisness. There is no limit on H2 visas for agriculturial workers. It just makes the employers pay a decent wage and provide healthcare....they don't want Legal citizens of AL working for them...it would cost them more than they are willing to pay

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Montgomery Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Editorial: Recognize Orlando was gay hate crime... Jun 16 Sean Sharpton 1
Searching Alabama Jun 15 Dell 2
News Prattville Farmer's Market reopens Jun 14 jimmy john 1
News Third suspect in Prattville murder arrested in ... Jun 14 mason perry 1
News Alabama Chief Justice Could Be Out After Gay Ma... Jun 14 victor 5
Searcing For Paul Rodney Smith. Jun 13 maz 1
Orlando shooter.... local connections....hmmmm Jun 13 Cowboy Glynn 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Montgomery Mortgages