drug testing welfare
jannie

Montgomery, AL

#1 Aug 21, 2011
SB 26 is the proposed bill for alabama. it doesn't say anything about public assistance other than health care.

Florida's bill specifies TANF.

so what part of WELFARE is suspicionless?

what is up alabama? you want to penalize the people who need medical attention?

GATTACA, ORWELL, BIG BROTHER, BIG GOVERNMENT

screw you politicians for hating the poor and needy
comm

Montgomery, AL

#2 Aug 21, 2011
blah
jannie

Montgomery, AL

#3 Aug 23, 2011
i guess no one here is interested in this topic

Since: Oct 10

Prattville, AL

#4 Aug 24, 2011
For starters, why would anyone think it's okay to violate someone's rights because they are pissed off about a government run system that is out of whack and does not work? You can believe that anything the government gets involved in is going to get screwed up and abused and there is absolutely NO excuse to violate someone's rights. You cannot get rid of statism with MORE statism.

Before the government had its tentacles in everything we had charity from our neighbors and the churches. These were the people who helped you when you fell on hard times. THIS is what we need to get back to. The solution is NOT treating people who are not criminals like they are. The solution is getting rid of the government run welfare state completely and going back to charity.

And yes, if you work for a private business and they require a drug test they are within their rights to ask you to take it. IF you refuse to take this drug test you are well within YOUR rights. What should happen from this point is letting the free markets work; people refuse to work at a business that wants to force you into drug testing, that you don't want to do because YOU are NOT a criminal. You refrain from buying or using any of their services/goods. LET THEM FAIL (unlike what the government likes to tell you, there isn't a business running that is too big to fail). Then, perhaps businesses will be inclined to go back to reading resumes, calling professional references, making a decision and then letting your work speak for itself. If you aren't up to par, for ANY reason, you lose your job. This is how this is SUPPOSED to work.

Another thought, just where is the money going to come to prop up this new project? The tests? The people to administer the tests? The people to push around the bureaucratic paperwork, keep the books and create the databases? Oh yeah... we'll just print some more %$#@&*! money. Why not? It's obviously working SO WELL for our country.

Finally, once this passes you will have set another precedent (just like with MOST other laws). You've opened a door that will not be so easily closed. The rights that you are so eager to take from others WILL be the ones you are fighting tooth and nail for later.

"First they came for the communists,
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a communist.
Then they came for the trade unionists,
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a trade unionist.
Then they came for the Jews,
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a Jew.
Then they came for me,
and there was no one left to speak out for me."
-Martin Niemoller
jannie

Fultondale, AL

#5 Aug 25, 2011
thanks liberty. that is what i could not put into words. brain fart these days with all this govt stuff. times are tough so let's just make it harder to survive in the worse economy since the GREAT depression. having to turn to assistance when you have lost your job, thrown out of your house onto the street is not fun.

Since: Oct 10

Prattville, AL

#6 Aug 26, 2011
Jannie,

I brain fart ALL the time.:)

Shoot me an email sometime, we can talk about all of this BIG GOVERNMENT mess: [email protected]

Be well!
ThomasA

Gadsden, AL

#7 Aug 28, 2011
Yes,you can refuse the drug screening but a refusal is also your dismissal. Neither my insurance company nor I want anyone operating machinery,driving company vehicles,operating lift trucks,talking to customers,or being on the promises with MJ,or any other illegal drugs in your system. What you do on your time is your business but what you have in your system on my premises is mine! Test positive and you automatically choose to work elsewhere and you carry with you a DRD, a drug related dismissal. I don't have time to be an adult baby sitter to someone who can't or won't follow written rules.
jannie

Montgomery, AL

#9 Sep 25, 2011
the test is only required for CASH assistance program.

http://www.dcf.state.fl.us/programs/access/dr...
jannie

Montgomery, AL

#10 Feb 15, 2012
kill the bill....kill the bill
Heidi

Tonganoxie, KS

#11 Feb 24, 2012
jannie wrote:
SB 26 is the proposed bill for alabama. it doesn't say anything about public assistance other than health care.
Florida's bill specifies TANF.
so what part of WELFARE is suspicionless?
what is up alabama? you want to penalize the people who need medical attention?
GATTACA, ORWELL, BIG BROTHER, BIG GOVERNMENT
screw you politicians for hating the poor and needy
Well, I have to under go drug testing just to apply/keep my job, so i can get a paycheck so that the taxes I pay to be used for social programs is made possible. So if I have to take a drug test to make the money that goes to welfare recipients, then why don't they have to take a drug test to get the money??
ThomasA

Wattsville, AL

#12 Mar 3, 2012
Heidi wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, I have to under go drug testing just to apply/keep my job, so i can get a paycheck so that the taxes I pay to be used for social programs is made possible. So if I have to take a drug test to make the money that goes to welfare recipients, then why don't they have to take a drug test to get the money??
Should this woman be tested? youtube.com/watch...
ThomasA

Wattsville, AL

#13 Mar 5, 2012
ThomasA wrote:
<quoted text>Should this woman be tested? youtube.com/watch...
Correction: youtube.com/watch...
jannie

Montgomery, AL

#14 Apr 5, 2012
mr brewbaker, are you aware that medicaid requires qualitative drug screens at the provider level? so why the need to test anyone receiving medicaid benefits?
jannie

Montgomery, AL

#15 Apr 5, 2012

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Montgomery Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Ten Commandments judge faces runoff in Alabama ... 7 hr Lawrence Wolf 54
Things that make you say hmmmm! Oct 5 Anonymous 1
Dawn King/Jeremy King Oct 4 soultrain 5
Support Judge Moore ( REPENT) acts 2 38 Sep 29 acts 2 39 1
Pop Sep 27 Peach 1
News US Senate contender has history of provocative ... Sep 25 Sloan 6
News Trump promises Alabama Sen. Strange will 'drain... Sep 23 Ex Senator Santpo... 1

Montgomery Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Montgomery Mortgages