Radio reporter Jim Merlini dies

Radio reporter Jim Merlini dies

There are 5 comments on the Montgomery Advertiser story from Oct 17, 2007, titled Radio reporter Jim Merlini dies. In it, Montgomery Advertiser reports that:

“Jim Merlini was an excellent reporter and he had a great sense of humor. Like all reporters, he was competitive. He took pride in telling me and members of my staff when he was able to 'get the scoop”

Radio reporter Jim Merlini, who had covered Alabama politics since the early 1970s, has died. via Montgomery Advertiser

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Montgomery Advertiser.

Ashley Anderson

Owens Cross Roads, AL

#1 Oct 17, 2007
I worked in Montgomery for about 22 years. Jim Merlini was a consumate professional. I left TV twice for radio. Jim, the late Bud Smith and Clay Redden were the reasons I went into radio from TV on one occasion. They were with the Alabama Radio Network and started the all news, all talk format on WACV.

Jim was a good reporter, a proud Vietnam Vet and a good Christian man. He still mourned his recently deceased mother. He was a true friend and when you hurt, he hurt.

He has had quite a few struggles of late. I am so glad to know he was a Christian. I hope I am blessed enough to see him again.
sara

Kriva Palanka, Macedonia

#2 Jun 28, 2008
ok
ekuran

Skopje, Macedonia

#3 Aug 18, 2008
jupershndesh
fatjon alla

Bitola, Macedonia

#4 Apr 13, 2009
hihi
Jacquelyn Merlini Brown

Raleigh, NC

#5 Jan 15, 2012
I married Jim Merlini the first time on March 13, 1971. He and I married again on December 6, 1987. I have known Jim since the early 1960s. I was heartbroken to learn how he died, alone in his mother's house on Baldwin Brook Drve. I have wondered who scattered his ashes and where. If you have any information, will you please let me know.
Thank you
Jacquelyn Merlini Brown

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Montgomery Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Moving to Montgomery (AIRFORCE) what can I expect? (Aug '07) Aug 24 Lexx 43
News Alabama Chief Justice Could Be Out After Gay Ma... Aug 22 bad 6
News Baldwin schools file suit against street preachers (Nov '08) Aug 21 Michael AL 22
robert " kinky boy " bently Aug 20 ThomasA 2
News Dollar General faces new lawsuit (Aug '06) Aug 18 Howhowhowhow 980
News Alabama man faces 4th indecent exposure charge Aug 16 Mark Boisclair 1
rock n roll Aug 12 gethigh5 1

Montgomery Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Montgomery Mortgages