Jeff Murphy for Mayor
Campainer

Cookeville, TN

#1 Mar 16, 2012
What a great idea.
funny

Cookeville, TN

#2 Mar 17, 2012
Thats a big freaking joke, another Murphy in office hahahahahahah!!!!!!!!!!
saywhut

Cookeville, TN

#3 Mar 17, 2012
Campainer wrote:
What a great idea.
That is not fair, or a valid arguement!
took the fall

Cookeville, TN

#4 Mar 19, 2012
just because tim murphy took the fall for other people does not mean jeff will. he will be a good mayor. sweep your own porch.
saywhut

Cookeville, TN

#5 Mar 19, 2012
saywhut wrote:
<quoted text>
That is not fair, or a valid arguement!
,
SORRY! I meant to answer the second poster here!!
Sammy

Cookeville, TN

#6 Mar 20, 2012
I think Mayor Hicks is doing a good job, and I don't know "Jeffy boy".Who is he that would qualify him to be Mayor? I could be Mayor if I wanted too, but the pay sucks, and the citizens complain all the time. Some old lady calling you in the middle of the night about her trash pick up or dogs roaming on her property, and she don't think the police are doing their job. No thanks. It was $500 a year wasn't it. I say pay a good salary and get some qualified responsible people who want to continue to be in office.
my thoughts

Monterey, TN

#7 Mar 20, 2012
Sammy wrote:
I think Mayor Hicks is doing a good job, and I don't know "Jeffy boy".Who is he that would qualify him to be Mayor? I could be Mayor if I wanted too, but the pay sucks, and the citizens complain all the time. Some old lady calling you in the middle of the night about her trash pick up or dogs roaming on her property, and she don't think the police are doing their job. No thanks. It was $500 a year wasn't it. I say pay a good salary and get some qualified responsible people who want to continue to be in office.
We need a Salary PAID City Manager who is educated and knowledgeable in city management. A full time well paid job for a qualified person.
Sammy

Cookeville, TN

#8 Mar 20, 2012
I agree, appointed by the city councilman or what ever they are called. Not by the Mayor, any Mayor.
thinking

Cookeville, TN

#9 Mar 20, 2012
took the fall wrote:
just because tim murphy took the fall for other people does not mean jeff will. he will be a good mayor. sweep your own porch.
That is a good point.
Bama

Sparta, TN

#10 Mar 20, 2012
Sammy wrote:
I think Mayor Hicks is doing a good job, and I don't know "Jeffy boy".Who is he that would qualify him to be Mayor? I could be Mayor if I wanted too, but the pay sucks, and the citizens complain all the time. Some old lady calling you in the middle of the night about her trash pick up or dogs roaming on her property, and she don't think the police are doing their job. No thanks. It was $500 a year wasn't it. I say pay a good salary and get some qualified responsible people who want to continue to be in office.
You're joking right? I would have to say working at Lowes has probably broadened his horizon,if we need our carpet replaced.
Voter

Sparta, TN

#11 Apr 6, 2012
Jeff Murphy has my vote!!
Molly

United States

#12 Apr 6, 2012
took the fall wrote:
just because tim murphy took the fall for other people does not mean jeff will. he will be a good mayor. sweep your own porch.
Are you kidding me ? 1. I like Jeff. He may not be avenging his brother-in-law. In fact, he may be a great mayor. 2. Aren't court transcripts public record? I've heard enough of this 'taking the fall for everyone else' ENOUGH! Go read the transcripts. Either they lie or someone else is lying about who they took a 'fall' for. 3. I will sweep my own porch and think everyone else should be held accountable for theirs too.
crazy

Livingston, TN

#13 Apr 6, 2012
Just what monterey needs. More christmas lights.
Hope

Sparta, TN

#14 Apr 7, 2012
crazy wrote:
Just what monterey needs. More christmas lights.
and more black benches. Hardy har har
JM fan

Sparta, TN

#15 Apr 8, 2012
JEFF MURPHY will make a good Mayor. Jeff is one of US, he loves Monterey, he is a honest man, not like the past Mayors who have ran for that position. And he don't act like he is better than anyone else, and will listen to what we have to say. I will be casting my vote for our homeboy Jeff Murphy come election day!
think

Cookeville, TN

#16 Apr 9, 2012
Bama wrote:
<quoted text> You're joking right? I would have to say working at Lowes has probably broadened his horizon,if we need our carpet replaced.
Nothing wrong with working at Lowes. That's not fair to dis him for at least not being too proud to do an honest days work. It's being too proud that keeps people out of work...sometimes! I think you mean something about work that relates to his mayor-ship but at the end of the day he has done a day's work.
just a thought

Monterey, TN

#17 Apr 9, 2012
JM fan wrote:
JEFF MURPHY will make a good Mayor. Jeff is one of US, he loves Monterey, he is a honest man, not like the past Mayors who have ran for that position. And he don't act like he is better than anyone else, and will listen to what we have to say. I will be casting my vote for our homeboy Jeff Murphy come election day!
A good old boy who is a good listener is not qualified to run a town! It also takes knowledge of city management and a lot of time. Does Mr Murphy have these qualifications? What is his experience and other qualifications?
Vocal Local

Sparta, TN

#18 Apr 9, 2012
Jeff Murphy is more qualified than all of the former Mayors combined! Think about it, What did any of them do for you?
Monterey Matters

United States

#19 Apr 14, 2012
my thoughts wrote:
<quoted text> We need a Salary PAID City Manager who is educated and knowledgeable in city management. A full time well paid job for a qualified person.
what is the mayors job. I thought they managed the town like the town is so big we need a city manager. It sounds like the people behind this are up to something. For the town not to have money but we have money for this is crazy. The town officials need to be worried about our high school and show thier pride in thier youth of the town cause they are the future of our town.
filthy phil

Sparta, TN

#20 Apr 29, 2012
Jeff Hicks should bring back Baby Burgers!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monterey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
If them gayballs can marry why can't I marry my... 1 hr dude speller 5
Dope trailers 1 hr dude speller 11
Gary Harg is and John p 3 hr shoxjed 3
I need a sugardaddy Sat freddy 5
Jeremiah Clark? Sat kaph 10
Jene Fri Mrs hawiggins 5
Dr. G Smith Jan 19 Lanny 14

Monterey Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Monterey Mortgages