Wht happened at Burks?
pjs115

Cookeville, TN

#1 Jan 28, 2013
What happened at Burks school today?Why were the cops there all day?
weird times

Hermitage, TN

#2 Jan 28, 2013
A kid threatened to shoot some other kids.
pjs115

Cookeville, TN

#3 Jan 28, 2013
Who was it?Did they actually bring a gun to school?That's getting too close to home.They need to come up with ways to stop this.
I agree

Maryville, TN

#4 Jan 28, 2013
Its called WHIP their Asses at home and they wont act like that in public!
weird times

Hermitage, TN

#5 Jan 28, 2013
No actual gun, just a threat. "I agree " is correct! The only way to stop this is at home. It's already a gun free zone......
Flapjack

Crossville, TN

#6 Jan 28, 2013
Who was the crazy kids that did this? It's not safe to send our children to school anymore.
no name huh

Cookeville, TN

#7 Jan 29, 2013
So who is this kid seems awfully strange a 14 makes a threat of a gun and nothing happens and it seems like the whole thing is downplayed.
weird times

Arden, NC

#8 Jan 29, 2013
That's what I thought also! His family isn't from around here. The Herald Citizen's article is absolutely absurd!!! Why would kids ever trust anyone to tell something like this if they're made to look like the bad guys? Shame on the sheriff, school and paper for their article!
no name huh

Cookeville, TN

#9 Jan 30, 2013
Yeah I sure wouldn't want to tell anyone anything after that. I'm not saying the kid doesn't need help but the whole downplaying the bad things that happen is how alot of small towns get to where they are today. Especially ours....
absolutely

Cookeville, TN

#10 Jan 30, 2013
Agreed! I think the police department really dropped the ball on this one. They should have let the parents know what was going on instead of keeping us in the dark while we worried ourselves sick. All I heard was some kid threatend to kill some kids and I could't find anyone to give me facts instead of town hear say. I don't know why they have kept this so quite but I believe we would feel a little better if they talked to us and let us judge for our self if we thought our kids would be in any danger to continue attending school there.
Brite

Cookeville, TN

#11 Jan 31, 2013
Maybe you know it all people on here need to go talk to the principal about your concerns instead of gossiping about it on here!! There are some facts that you have all missed out on!
agreed

Cookeville, TN

#12 Feb 1, 2013
Brite wrote:
Maybe you know it all people on here need to go talk to the principal about your concerns instead of gossiping about it on here!! There are some facts that you have all missed out on!
There must be a bit more to the story here. Being "from away" is sometimes a justification for a lot of bullying, not saying that is what happened, however I don't know what the "ways" are NOW but in the past a boy had to fight his way through the local bullies when he came into the school "from away". Only then, and IF he accepted that challenge, would they leave him alone. Hopefully times have changed from the 70's....Only those in charge know the rest of the story.
LJP1777o

Cookeville, TN

#13 Apr 16, 2016
Emma Puckett opened her legs!!!!!
Monterey38574

Smartt, TN

#14 Apr 21, 2016
LJP1777o wrote:
Emma Puckett opened her legs!!!!!
I don't know who the hell you think you are but you need to shut the f*** up about her. You're pretty sorry talking about a CHILD. You know nothing about her.
Janis

Cookeville, TN

#15 Apr 22, 2016
agreed wrote:
<quoted text> There must be a bit more to the story here. Being "from away" is sometimes a justification for a lot of bullying, not saying that is what happened, however I don't know what the "ways" are NOW but in the past a boy had to fight his way through the local bullies when he came into the school "from away". Only then, and IF he accepted that challenge, would they leave him alone. Hopefully times have changed from the 70's....Only those in charge know the rest of the story.
hey were probably bullying the child and there is no problem till the child threatens to defend its life!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monterey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jeff Gentry blood on your hands 8 min Pinkston 2
Beer NO, Alcohol YES - Crazy Vote 9 min Harold England 99
POF Losers 12 min whitetrash 7
Looking for Matt swallows(not the ex mayor) (Feb '15) 13 min Mammaries 10
Church on the Hill members please listen! 17 min Curious 26
top area bass fisherman (May '12) 26 min oh dear 25
Zackary Bollen 36 min Mee 1

Monterey Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance