give the hotel their steps back!

Posted in the Monterey Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
highstep

Howey In The Hills, FL

#1 Jan 29, 2013
The trail station is cool its to bad they won't allow the hotel to have their steps back,the hotel after all is one of the most historical buildings in monterey?
big william

Knoxville, TN

#2 Jan 30, 2013
highstep wrote:
The trail station is cool its to bad they won't allow the hotel to have their steps back,the hotel after all is one of the most historical buildings in monterey?
bunch of got dang bullies thats why
Whatever

Salisbury, MD

#3 Jan 30, 2013
This is still a liability issue for the city if the steps are on thier property and someone fails coming down who do you think is going to have to pay. How would you like it if your neighbors steps come over to your property?
whut

Martin, TN

#4 Jan 30, 2013
dirty politics?
oops

Jamestown, TN

#5 Jan 30, 2013
Sounds like someone in town would like to force the owner to sell out cheap.I wonder who would benefit most Lets all put our heads together and think of the ones who have the most to gain.
whut

Martin, TN

#6 Jan 30, 2013
whut wrote:
dirty politics?
filthy dirty politics?
oops

Jamestown, TN

#7 Jan 30, 2013
Oh did I forget to mention someone has already contacted Phil Williams @channel 5 news.
whut

Martin, TN

#8 Jan 30, 2013
where is all the parking space for the new office that opened up in front of the hotel? Bicycles anyone?
Smuck a roos

Crossville, TN

#9 Jan 30, 2013
whut wrote:
where is all the parking space for the new office that opened up in front of the hotel? Bicycles anyone?
They park on the bike trail entrance and where do the employees of Fred's park? Case closed! Dont fall people, we will have a lawsuit on our hands!
lonely hearts hotel

Crossville, TN

#10 Jan 30, 2013
Whatever wrote:
This is still a liability issue for the city if the steps are on thier property and someone fails coming down who do you think is going to have to pay. How would you like it if your neighbors steps come over to your property?
I call BS! You greedy bastiffs need to sell him 8" of property for his steps and stop making the Town look worse than it already does! Oh and by the way, when you big wigs fall off your high horses who is liable for your butts?
highstep

Troy, NC

#11 Jan 30, 2013
Whatever wrote:
couldn't the steps be redesigned so they were on the hotels property?
highstep

Troy, NC

#12 Jan 30, 2013
Whatever wrote:
I don't know how the laws work if my neighbors steps were there long before I built my house?
whut

Martin, TN

#13 Jan 31, 2013
highstep wrote:
<quoted text>I don't know how the laws work if my neighbors steps were there long before I built my house?
hummm.
ok then

Cookeville, TN

#14 Jan 31, 2013
highstep wrote:
<quoted text>I don't know how the laws work if my neighbors steps were there long before I built my house?
So you do not have a problem with your neighbors steps being on your property even if it was a empty lot. So I guess you would have good insurance then cause it would not be if you got sued when someone got hurt at the end of the steps that is on your property but it would be when you got sued cause it would happen.
highstep

United States

#15 Jan 31, 2013
ok then wrote:
<quoted text>
So you do not have a problem with your neighbors steps being on your property even if it was a empty lot. So I guess you would have good insurance then cause it would not be if you got sued when someone got hurt at the end of the steps that is on your property but it would be when you got sued cause it would happen.
the gray area in this issue is that the "empty lot" didn't exist when the steps were built.it used to be a public road,I would feel ripped off if my neighbor built a house in the road next to my property causing me to loose half of my raod frontage.but now that the train station is built it seems that the hotel owner should just move the steps so that they are only on his property. I realy don't think he has a leg to stand on in sueing the city and the money he spends on lawer fees would be enough to pay for the best stair case in the whole city?
whut

Martin, TN

#16 Jan 31, 2013
highstep wrote:
<quoted text>the gray area in this issue is that the "empty lot" didn't exist when the steps were built.it used to be a public road,I would feel ripped off if my neighbor built a house in the road next to my property causing me to loose half of my raod frontage.but now that the train station is built it seems that the hotel owner should just move the steps so that they are only on his property. I realy don't think he has a leg to stand on in sueing the city and the money he spends on lawer fees would be enough to pay for the best stair case in the whole city?
Why couldn't this have been worked out before it got to the sueing stage dirty politics or whut?
yes

Greenville, SC

#17 Jan 31, 2013
whut wrote:
<quoted text>Why couldn't this have been worked out before it got to the sueing stage dirty politics or whut?
That's Monterey for you
whut

Martin, TN

#18 Jan 31, 2013
Smuck a roos wrote:
<quoted text> They park on the bike trail entrance and where do the employees of Fred's park? Case closed! Dont fall people, we will have a lawsuit on our hands!
Sooo, if we fall on the bike trail can we sue the city, state, or either one or the other?
Davey

Cookeville, TN

#19 Jan 31, 2013
How about leasing the hotel owner a foot or so for 5,10, or twenty yrs at a $1 a year with the understanding that he or his Ins, Company would be liable for anyone hurt on the steps and the first step off it. Really simple and should satisfy everyone concerned! I would love to see the ball or banquet room used for for a dinner play or reunions. It could he used on train days for other uses.
American Greed

United States

#20 Feb 5, 2013
When has that hotel ever been open for buisness?

I read the article in the paper and I wanted to laugh! I have lived in Monterey for over 30 years and only known of 1 time that those doors were open to the public. Did the owner not know of the plans for the depot? The plans were underway for such a long time. What was he waiting for and where was he during all of this? AND where was all of he buisness during that time that he is now suing for loss of revenue??

And what about the city's attorney? Didn't he see this coming?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monterey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
jene slover 14 hr past 1
Who's the Bird Man? 21 hr Vet101 5
White Trash Extravaganza Jul 25 Vet101 1
John Gray Jul 24 April 3
Missed Opportunity for Monterey (Aug '15) Jul 24 Confused 28
New Beauty Shop (Jun '13) Jul 23 trying to get div... 22
News Monterey tourism improving Jul 20 GreenFly 3

Monterey Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance