Burglar victim calls 911 while intoxi...

Burglar victim calls 911 while intoxicated

There are 10 comments on the Herald-Citizen story from Jan 4, 2013, titled Burglar victim calls 911 while intoxicated. In it, Herald-Citizen reports that:

He was eager to report a burglary to his vehicle. So eager, in fact, that he called 911 four times - while intoxicated - according to Cookeville police.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Herald-Citizen.

Mindy

Cookeville, TN

#1 Jan 5, 2013
I think this guy has some problems.
Suero

United States

#2 Jan 10, 2013
Maybe he 4 got he called

DeDominicis

“John Averitt is a molester.”

Since: Nov 08

Cookeville

#3 Jan 18, 2013
Maybe that doesnt change the facts.
good point

Cookeville, TN

#4 Jan 18, 2013
DeDominicis wrote:
Maybe that doesnt change the facts.1
The details aren't comin up on the Herald Citizen's site any more on this, I wonder if it sort of gives burglars the idea that they are safer to do their "thing" as long as the victims are drunk? Does the original news article say that they should have waited until sober to phone the police? I am not trying to be sarcastic with this question, but am interested in the "way it works". I have seen a case in the past where someone was physically attacked while driving by someone's house, had their window smashed with a rock to get them to stop, etc. and the police didn't charge the aggressor because the victim was drunk. Maybe they made a judgement call (in the case I witnessed) because if they charged the one guy with assault they would also have to charge the victim with DUI, or public-drunk. It is interesting and also beneficial to know the way the law works!

DeDominicis

Cookeville

#5 Jan 19, 2013
It's important to know if he was at his residence or at least in his yard, i'd guess the car was stationary. I'd actually cite him for public drunk if he was at the waffle house or somewhere public. I'd not make him go to holding because of the duress he'd faced that night. The burglar, if caught,or real, would certainly go to jail.
its all bs

Cookeville, TN

#6 Jan 20, 2013
I know the person it happened to it was all a bunch of bs. He called and the cops took an hour to show up. His uncle called the police the 2nd time and the third call was checking the status of the the arrival. And on top of it the cop assualted him while in his home. There was over 20 cars broken into that night and the cops were more worried about the guy who called and reported it. If they would have showed up earlier they probally would have caught the real criminals.

DeDominicis

Cookeville

#7 Jan 23, 2013
Trying to figiure out, yet again, why my remarks were judged in such a way.
advice

Cookeville, TN

#8 Jan 24, 2013
DeDominicis wrote:
Trying to figiure out, yet again, why my remarks were judged in such a way.
You are being "dogged" by someone. I would change my user name to avoid the harrassment.

DeDominicis

Cookeville

#9 Jan 25, 2013
advice wrote:
<quoted text> You are being "dogged" by someone. I would change my user name to avoid the harrassment.
My name is DeDominicis, my home is in Cookeville,TN,my remarks are public because i have nothing to hide.
just saying it right

Cookeville, TN

#10 Feb 21, 2013
DeDominicis wrote:
<quoted text>My name is DeDominicis, my home is in Cookeville,TN,my remarks are public because i have nothing to hide.
You need to hide your user name because its stupid, just like you!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monterey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Montereys Sad Path 56 min Dopey 5
Propagate: Monterey Style 1 hr moutainman 10
News Monterey considers planning fees to cover costs 12 hr Nobrain 3
Worst Mothers Awars Goes To Fri AngelJNow 12
mindy pope? (Mar '10) Fri Tyson 17
Chicken (Cock )fighting (Nov '08) Fri Barb 7
Rebecca Barnes?? (Aug '10) Fri Barb 20

Monterey Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance