First Prev
of 2
Next Last
renter

Monroe, TN

#21 Mar 24, 2010
My name not available wrote:
I posted to this topix yesterday but it ain't here know so I will post again.
1st I agree background checks for bot renter and rentee.
2nd If you are renting your place for 250 a month or less the background check is not required, it is understood that you are a slum lord and the rentee is trash. No cleaning is required between tenants, it is understood that the place is and will be trashed by each tenant so there is no need to "clean up" between renters, they enjoy living in filth.
3rd If you want a better class of renter/rentee then be clean, courteous and punctual. If you say you are going to do something, do it. Charge more for rent and keep the place nice. Expect to pay more for a nicer place and less for a trashy place, you get what you pay for. There is no "good deal" when it comes to renting, it is what it is.
4th If you dislike renting either way then buy a place. If you don't like being "checked on" then buy your own place.
BTW I am a homeowner and this is my opinion, think about it.
I do not agree with your statements at all. I am a renter. I rent for under 250.00 a month. It's not because I am lazy because I work a full time job and raise 2 kids, one teen and the other preteen. I work at all the odd jobs I can find, too. I am not dirty, I keep things clean and do my best. I even do painting and things like that that need to be done. I don't like living in filth and I don't! My husband is disabled and he has been turned down for disability. He is not lazy either, he is really disabled. That's another subject, though. This is all the rent I can afford, what with other bills too. We did own a home but lost it due to the fact my husband is disabled and can not work and I just couldn't make the payments. Not every renter that rents for 250.00 or less is trash. I'm really sorry you must have had some bad experiences, but not all people are like that!!

Since: Feb 10

Location hidden

#22 Mar 24, 2010
renter wrote:
<quoted text>I do not agree with your statements at all. I am a renter. I rent for under 250.00 a month. It's not because I am lazy because I work a full time job and raise 2 kids, one teen and the other preteen. I work at all the odd jobs I can find, too. I am not dirty, I keep things clean and do my best. I even do painting and things like that that need to be done. I don't like living in filth and I don't! My husband is disabled and he has been turned down for disability. He is not lazy either, he is really disabled. That's another subject, though. This is all the rent I can afford, what with other bills too. We did own a home but lost it due to the fact my husband is disabled and can not work and I just couldn't make the payments. Not every renter that rents for 250.00 or less is trash. I'm really sorry you must have had some bad experiences, but not all people are like that!!
There is always section 8 govt housing. Have you ever looked into that? Also is your "home" in a good neighborhood?
renter

Monroe, TN

#23 Mar 24, 2010
My name not available wrote:
<quoted text>
There is always section 8 govt housing. Have you ever looked into that? Also is your "home" in a good neighborhood?
Yes, I am in a good neighborhood. I don't want government housing. I want to pay my own way. I don't like getting assistance of any kind. I was raised to make my own living. I do work hard for what I have and I am grateful that I have found a good landlord and it's in a good neighborhood.

Since: Feb 10

Location hidden

#24 Mar 24, 2010
There is nothing wrong with a hand up, that's right it's not a hand out. Do your children have insurance? Mine do, Tenncare, Kidsfirst, what ever it's called now. We had foodstamps for a few years, got off them a year or so ago, nothing wrong with getting a hand up. I am glad that you found a good home in a good neighborhood. I can admit that alot of the govt housing is in bad neighborhoods but I have noticed that has come along ways in recent years. My parents own a small house in a neighborhood that qualified for Govt assistant, this was not in a "projects" type area. A place can qualify for govt assist housing no matter where it is located. Do you get food stamps? Are your children on Tenncare? I think the reason your hubby is having a hard time getting disability is because he is not faking it, it seems like the faker dope heads get it without a problem. If you don't mind me askin, what wrong/happened to your husband to be disabled? Injury? Illness?

Again there is nothin wrong with a helping hand. I will pray for you that all will work out
renter

Monroe, TN

#25 Mar 24, 2010
My name not available wrote:
There is nothing wrong with a hand up, that's right it's not a hand out. Do your children have insurance? Mine do, Tenncare, Kidsfirst, what ever it's called now. We had foodstamps for a few years, got off them a year or so ago, nothing wrong with getting a hand up. I am glad that you found a good home in a good neighborhood. I can admit that alot of the govt housing is in bad neighborhoods but I have noticed that has come along ways in recent years. My parents own a small house in a neighborhood that qualified for Govt assistant, this was not in a "projects" type area. A place can qualify for govt assist housing no matter where it is located. Do you get food stamps? Are your children on Tenncare? I think the reason your hubby is having a hard time getting disability is because he is not faking it, it seems like the faker dope heads get it without a problem. If you don't mind me askin, what wrong/happened to your husband to be disabled? Injury? Illness?
Again there is nothin wrong with a helping hand. I will pray for you that all will work out
Yes, we do get foodstamps and my kids are on tenncare. I agree with you about the people getting on disability that don't need it. I have issues with that. My husband has had 10 surgeries on his knees and he has bad discs in his back and other issues, too. I didn't come on here to get sympathy or anything like that. I was just pointing out that not everyone is like you said. There are people who fall on hard times and can't do any better. I know there are other people in the same boat as we are. Especially in this day and time. There are good people in all walks of life. You can't really look at a person's situation and tell what kind of person they are. It's how they handle it. I really appreciate the prayer. That helps where nothing else can!! If it wasn't for the grace of God we wouldn't be in as good a shape as we are in.

Since: Feb 10

Location hidden

#26 Mar 25, 2010
Well you get govt assistants so why not a little more, The house you live in may qualify for Govt. Assistant housing and if so it can benefit both you and your landlord. They can charge more and you can live "rent free" like I said before my parents owned a house and was renting it out only to get a renter that got govt assist to pay the rent and the house qualified with a few slight adjustments, like a hand rail on 2 steeps going into the house. Something to look into and maybe it will help you out.
stayci b

Cookeville, TN

#27 Mar 26, 2010
Ryan Durham
Jessicia Norrard
Iwannaknow

Cookeville, TN

#28 Mar 26, 2010
stayci b wrote:
Ryan Durham
Jessicia Norrard
Good or Bad?????????
stayci b

Cookeville, TN

#29 Mar 26, 2010
bad
foryourinfo

United States

#30 Mar 27, 2010
staci b i would like to rent from you what openings do you have?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monterey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who is Carter's daddy??? 17 min idfwu 10
Church Buildings for Lease?? (Feb '13) 20 min caretowin 26
who is john mcclennon 35 min History Buff 1
Spring Carnival At The Fairgrounds 2 hr Me- me 8
does anybody know christy farley..... (Jan '10) 16 hr queen B 6
Aaron Swallows /Nick Neafus Wed lena 4
Aaron Swallows is trashy as ever Tue abby 3
More from around the web

Monterey People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]