Drug Fund Pays For Bulldozer Shipped ...

Drug Fund Pays For Bulldozer Shipped To Chief's Land

There are 84 comments on the WTVF Nashville story from Jul 2, 2012, titled Drug Fund Pays For Bulldozer Shipped To Chief's Land. In it, WTVF Nashville reports that:

NewsChannel 5's continuing "Policing for Profit" investigation has uncovered new questions about how government equipment ended up on land owned by the local police chief.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WTVF Nashville.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Preacher

Cookeville, TN

#1 Jul 3, 2012
I think this is outragous.
I was applaued at this going on in our community.
Whom is is charge of our officials.
Even if this could be "explained away", I think outsiders will have a dim view of our town.
I was saddened by this enlightening information.
Ashamed of Smith

Cookeville, TN

#2 Jul 3, 2012
Oh, get a grip, Preacher! It was strictly political and you know it.
maybe

Cookeville, TN

#3 Jul 3, 2012
Maybe so but it was true
dantheman

Cookeville, TN

#4 Jul 3, 2012
What were Overton co. deputies doing in Putnam Co. to begin with? Don't they have enough going on in their own jurisdiction?
jurisdiction

Cookeville, TN

#5 Jul 3, 2012
Well maybe because that cheif thinks their county is HIS jurisdiction
fair and impartial

Nashville, TN

#6 Jul 3, 2012
Yeah,they say that he tried many many times to rent a front end loader from Sunbelt rental co.. Apparently he was given the run around about why he could not have the front end loader for $459 / week.
They first said that they had to pull one from Decatur,Al., and this would incur additional cost for transportation.
Seems that their was a pressing issue, cause he had to get the dirt backstop built before the 4th of July!
The State of Tn. apparently had some industrial equipment that was just sitting idle!With a little help from the TDOT flatbed, transportation arrangements were made and delivery was made of the ind. equipment. They were set to pick it upsometime around 7-3-12, but "T-Ro" called out sick.
Preacher

Cookeville, TN

#7 Jul 3, 2012
I'm sure their may be more to the story, but if some of this is true I think that we have some problems in our town that seriously needs to be addressed now, sooner than later.
agreed

Cookeville, TN

#8 Jul 4, 2012
Preacher wrote:
I'm sure their may be more to the story, but if some of this is true I think that we have some problems in our town that seriously needs to be addressed now, sooner than later.
Yes, I agree. I thought the drug fund money was intended for the issues that relate to the drug problem? So many issues are coming out..the firing range was for? Especially since the dozer work was already done for it. I thought we already had one, but it doesn't matter, since whatever is going on, either a new one, or an expansion of the existing one, they said at the town mtg. it was done before the gvt. bulldozer was acquired. So...someone mentioned that you have to have a specific reason to apply to get one from the gvt. surplus, apparently a "future investment for the town to make a profit(???) when it's sold" MAY not be a valid reason. Maybe that is why the DA is having the FBI and the DEA come in and investigate, now. The mayor's bunch (or just one) has been asking all along why the FBI isn't here...guess they got their wish.
hahahaha

Cookeville, TN

#9 Jul 4, 2012
For the town's profit my arse.... No ones gonna touch that clunker!!! Transport expenses ate riduclous. Thats why it ended up on that miltary surplus site... They couldn't sell it or get rid of it locally so.of course that was the last option and it worked out cause some hick cop out in Putnam Co snapped it right up like a greedy Boss Hoss!!!!!!
stinkbug

United States

#10 Jul 4, 2012
I think the citizens of monterey should have the right yo use this dozer. Since the political crooks thinks its ok for there own persaonal use.
Yessir

Cookeville, TN

#11 Jul 4, 2012
agreed wrote:
<quoted text> Yes, I agree. I thought the drug fund money was intended for the issues that relate to the drug problem?...
http://www.mtas.utk.edu < Has the guidelines about TN Drug Funds and it states that it may be used for any non-re-occuring purchases for the police force. IE: a dozer to build up a bank for the shooting range for the force.
agreed wrote:
<quoted text> So many issues are coming out..the firing range was for? Especially since the dozer work was already done for it. I thought we already had one, but it doesn't matter, since whatever is going on, either a new one, or an expansion of the existing one, they said at the town mtg. it was done before the gvt. bulldozer was acquired.
At the town meeting it was stated that, "the range was almost done" (still waiting on a bank to be built up as a bullet stop). If you will watch the News5 video where Richard and Phil trespass on the Water department grounds you can see that it is not close to being done (trees laying everywhere and no bullet stop). Also the Herald Citizen has an interview from the mayor,chief, and Bobby Farley in which Farley states that he had done all he could with the cities Back-hoe and would need a dozer for finishing the rest.

And yes Richard and Phil had to go right past a large sign entering into the department to view the site of the gun-range that states its a criminal offense to trespass on that land without permission.
hahahaha

Cookeville, TN

#12 Jul 4, 2012
Sooo many ways they could have got the job done..... Rent one!!!! Or Bobcat or prisoners labor etc al... Bit no he HAD to buy that clunker..... So much other use that money could be spent on... Riduclous waste!!!!!!!!!! But yeah. Excuses excuses excuses... They never run out of em! LOL
Yessir

Cookeville, TN

#13 Jul 4, 2012
hahahaha wrote:
Sooo many ways they could have got the job done..... Rent one!!!! Or Bobcat or prisoners labor etc al... Bit no he HAD to buy that clunker...
Cost of renting one would have been more than the cost of the shipping depending on how long it took to do the range. So its kinda like saying, " Would you like to rent this big screen TV for your party for $500, or would you rather buy it for $500 and be able to watch the game and then sale it thereafter for most of your money back if not a gain?"
Preacher

Cookeville, TN

#14 Jul 4, 2012
I think this is why our taxes keep increasing here. I glad it was only a buldozer, just think if it was a hospital.
seeking the truth

Alcoa, TN

#15 Jul 4, 2012
Yessir wrote:
<quoted text>
Cost of renting one would have been more than the cost of the shipping depending on how long it took to do the range. So its kinda like saying, " Would you like to rent this big screen TV for your party for $500, or would you rather buy it for $500 and be able to watch the game and then sale it thereafter for most of your money back if not a gain?"
Well that sounds good but is it the whole truth and nuthin' but the truth? therein lies the question. Keep digging and asking. The truth shall set ye free or so I've been told.
what ever

Cookeville, TN

#16 Jul 4, 2012
Are you telling me in this hillbilly town that the cops could not find a tractor in this town to move some dirt. Every day I see a tractor on the road doing 2 miles an hour, put them to work. This would be like a meth head going to New York city to buy meth when he could get some right here in his home state of Tenn. Which we are all proud to be the capital of meth heads in the United States. Stop digging holes and stop the meth, you so called law enforcement officer.
slickwillie

United States

#17 Jul 4, 2012
Yeah thats absurd so many seem to take up for these hicks!!! Renting and finishing up the job in ONE day woukd for damn sure be a whole lotta cheaper than the shipping costs on that clunker!
Spam Eater

Murfreesboro, TN

#18 Jul 4, 2012
Why on earth does a wide spot in the road like Monterey, TN need to build a shooting range that only their local crooked cops can use? I usually just pass on through that hell hole without looking around too much but I'm guessing they might have 3-4 red lights to watch at the most. They sure as heck don't need to be out on I-40 robbing innocent out of towners in order to use the money to buy bulldozers for the dumbass chief's personal use. Besides, there are about a thousand places in the Upper Cumberland that they could target practice that would cost little if anything. That dumb @ass mayor was real impressive on TV too. Whoever elected that idiot must be real proud about now.
Preacher

Cookeville, TN

#19 Jul 4, 2012
I think it is clear that some improprieties have occurred in our fair city that needs to be explained before the whole state makes a laughing-stock out of this event.
If the investigation is not forthcoming I'm afraid everyone will consider that it is politics as usual.
Sham-a-Se
Yessir

Cookeville, TN

#20 Jul 5, 2012
Preacher wrote:
I think this is why our taxes keep increasing here. I glad it was only a buldozer, just think if it was a hospital.
Dozer was free but the shipping was paid from the Drug Fund that has nothing to do with our taxes.

Drug Fund = 50% of drug fines paid, Forfeited cash/proceeds from forfeited property, donations, and appropriations. With the other 50% of the fine money to the General Fund.

So the money used to pay for the shipping of the dozer came from the druggies :) not the townspeople hence not costing tax dollars. Well not costing the "Clean" Taxpayers any. lol

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monterey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Where did alderman Jeff go? 6 min Hoppy 2
Lawn Mower Repair? (May '12) 44 min looking 7
warning 1 hr WATCH OUT 4
White County Animal Shelter (Mar '12) 1 hr WTF 54
Dawn at Harley Davidson in Cookeville 1 hr Concerned sister 9
Caleb Jones (Apr '13) 16 hr Hank Earnhardt Ju... 10
Wreck in front of hardees Jun 28 RachelH 1
More from around the web

Monterey People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE