HUH

Monterey, TN

#21 Feb 9, 2010
Ron was a good man, and what was done to him and Abby, and how it was done, needs to be looked over very closely. And if this Calvette man did file a false police report, he is every bit as responsible as the ones who pulled the trigger. The whole incident needs to be investigated and investigated by someone other than the good ol' boys in the county. The story told by the police and the story told by Abby doesn't match. I hope TBI gets this one right.

“get educated....”

Since: Dec 09

none ya

#22 Feb 12, 2010
Backwoods wrote:
<quoted text>
Aha! You must be one of those hanging limb transplants from down around the ledges. For you to see what is going on, you must live close to Joe.
Aha!! I used to live up0 there but not anymore...:-) thank god.. imoved right before all of this happened... much happier where i am now.
Amazed

Monroe, TN

#23 Feb 24, 2010
What ever happened to the issue with the 4wheeler that they took from Joe's place??? Or does that magically go away too
Rooster

Cookeville, TN

#24 Feb 25, 2010
Amazed wrote:
What ever happened to the issue with the 4wheeler that they took from Joe's place??? Or does that magically go away too
Everything seems to just go away when it comes to JOE CALVETTE and Overton County's finest.
Amazed

Monroe, TN

#25 Mar 2, 2010
What's with all the lights out at Joe's house!!??!!
OutsiderLookinIn

Rockingham, NC

#26 Mar 6, 2010
I knew Ron for many years and he was a great guy. I have to believe this Calvette guy will get what he has comming. None of what happened makes any sense at all. If Calvette filed a report early in the day, why did the police wait until late at night to go to the house? Why storm in with guns on an alliaged stalking charge made by a felon? Why couldn't 5 cops handcuff a sleeping man without shooting him? These cops were supposed to be a new "Task Force" trained to do this work. If all of the cops 5 feet away,had their guns drawn and Ron supposedly woke up and reached in the cabinet and grabbed his gun and fired, don't you think that the cops with the guns, already pointed at him, would have made swiss cheese out of him before he could have even reached the gun? Isnt it odd that no bullet was found in the cops direction? My conclusion...Calvette and the cops have a nice gig going and Ron was going to spoil it for them. They went to his house to murder him and they got the job done. No, this kind of thing is not just on TV.
Rooster

Cookeville, TN

#27 Mar 6, 2010
OutsiderLookinIn wrote:
I knew Ron for many years and he was a great guy. I have to believe this Calvette guy will get what he has comming. None of what happened makes any sense at all. If Calvette filed a report early in the day, why did the police wait until late at night to go to the house? Why storm in with guns on an alliaged stalking charge made by a felon? Why couldn't 5 cops handcuff a sleeping man without shooting him? These cops were supposed to be a new "Task Force" trained to do this work. If all of the cops 5 feet away,had their guns drawn and Ron supposedly woke up and reached in the cabinet and grabbed his gun and fired, don't you think that the cops with the guns, already pointed at him, would have made swiss cheese out of him before he could have even reached the gun? Isnt it odd that no bullet was found in the cops direction? My conclusion...Calvette and the cops have a nice gig going and Ron was going to spoil it for them. They went to his house to murder him and they got the job done. No, this kind of thing is not just on TV.
I agree 100% and there is alot of other people that think the same way. Joe never gets no time out of all his drug dealings and I wonder the same thing. If they got the warrant earlier that day, why didn't they go get him then, or the next morning? He wasn't goin anywhere. There is alot of people that think Ron might have been gonna spoil somethin for Joe and Overton County's finest. I know several people that think they went there just to kill him, because you don't have to use that kind of force to get a man that isn't going anywhere, and ain't done nothin. If they would have went at a reasonable hour, he would have loaded up. There would not have been any of this. It don't make sense to wait til the wee hours of the morning, when a guy is in bed asleep, bust in on him with a SWAT team on some crumped up charge from a guy that had 5-6 charges against him(Joe Calvette).
IN THE KNOW

Byrdstown, TN

#28 Mar 18, 2010
You need to get your facts straight. If you really want the truth, go to OCSD and see when Joe filed the complaint to have warrant served. He, his fiancee, and the 4 young men who witnessed the threat from Eibel did not leave the jail until midnight on New Years Eve. If I remember correctly, I believe that the OCSD were serving that warrant around 2 am on Jan 1. SOOOOO - the OCSD responded immediately to get on mountain to serve the warrant. I give the OCSD credit for taking the ongoing threats from Eibel serious against this neighbor. I guess the Calvete family doesn't have the right to protection from police? Just how many of you would lay down and go to bed or even enjoy your New Years Eve when 4 people witnessed Eibel with a gun, stumbling around drunk after dark and telling these young men whom are friends of the fiance's son that he will have a Happy New Year when he sees Calvete bleed? Sorry - I just wish people who wanted to know the truth would go to the source. They have nothing to hide. Just everyday good people who have been shunned becaues they are the outsiders who mind their own business and don't bother anybody. To be such a "huge" drug dealer funny thing that he is in debt just like every normal person.
Rooster wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree 100% and there is alot of other people that think the same way. Joe never gets no time out of all his drug dealings and I wonder the same thing. If they got the warrant earlier that day, why didn't they go get him then, or the next morning? He wasn't goin anywhere. There is alot of people that think Ron might have been gonna spoil somethin for Joe and Overton County's finest. I know several people that think they went there just to kill him, because you don't have to use that kind of force to get a man that isn't going anywhere, and ain't done nothin. If they would have went at a reasonable hour, he would have loaded up. There would not have been any of this. It don't make sense to wait til the wee hours of the morning, when a guy is in bed asleep, bust in on him with a SWAT team on some crumped up charge from a guy that had 5-6 charges against him(Joe Calvette).
disgraced

United States

#29 Mar 18, 2010
get a life. these people are my neighbors. none of you know what you're talking about. joe is a good guy, ron was a great guy. everyone makes me sick. quit talking your crap!
Iknow4afact

Cookeville, TN

#30 Mar 19, 2010
Well I know for a fact that these people are trouble makers!!!! They stick thier nose where it don't belong!! It's true they do have some friends but that is because they buy people off! They have cook outs and provide alcohol to anyone and everyone including minors! They are home wreckers, trouble makers,and I believe what goes around comes around and I can't wait!!
rodgerdoger

United States

#31 Mar 20, 2010
Iknow4afact wrote:
Well I know for a fact that these people are trouble makers!!!! They stick thier nose where it don't belong!! It's true they do have some friends but that is because they buy people off! They have cook outs and provide alcohol to anyone and everyone including minors! They are home wreckers, trouble makers,and I believe what goes around comes around and I can't wait!!
calvette loves the young
Rooster

Cookeville, TN

#32 Mar 21, 2010
IN THE KNOW wrote:
You need to get your facts straight. If you really want the truth, go to OCSD and see when Joe filed the complaint to have warrant served. He, his fiancee, and the 4 young men who witnessed the threat from Eibel did not leave the jail until midnight on New Years Eve. If I remember correctly, I believe that the OCSD were serving that warrant around 2 am on Jan 1. SOOOOO - the OCSD responded immediately to get on mountain to serve the warrant. I give the OCSD credit for taking the ongoing threats from Eibel serious against this neighbor. I guess the Calvete family doesn't have the right to protection from police? Just how many of you would lay down and go to bed or even enjoy your New Years Eve when 4 people witnessed Eibel with a gun, stumbling around drunk after dark and telling these young men whom are friends of the fiance's son that he will have a Happy New Year when he sees Calvete bleed? Sorry - I just wish people who wanted to know the truth would go to the source. They have nothing to hide. Just everyday good people who have been shunned becaues they are the outsiders who mind their own business and don't bother anybody. To be such a "huge" drug dealer funny thing that he is in debt just like every normal person.<quoted text>
Well, you must be one of Overton Counties finest. So, while you were there checkin on the time the warrant was taken, maybe you could enlighten us all then, on Joe Calvette's drug charges. Bein as you know so much about the OCPD. Or maybe you are the cop that has been going and sitting at Joes alot. We will be lookin forward to knowin what happened to his charges. Maybe he is givin OCPD a reach-around.
Rooster

Cookeville, TN

#33 Mar 21, 2010
rodgerdoger wrote:
<quoted text>calvette loves the young
Ya, and the OCPD.
Shame on you

Jamestown, TN

#34 Mar 25, 2010
I don"t even know this man but I have heard in town
that he is a very sick man and draws disability for
a back problem....BUT he has been seen mowing the grass,chopping wood,clearing around his fish pond,riding 4-wheeler with his girl friend all over hanging limb in the summer.He is a sick man so why are you crazy people
giving him trash talk all the time. I hope they don't have hiding camers in the place where he lives, then he would have to get a job like the rest of you people,so shame on you people.
Amazed

Monroe, TN

#35 Apr 12, 2010
Did Joe get busted in the last set of indictments that came through Monterey and Crawford??
rogerdodger

United States

#36 Apr 21, 2010
he got arrested 4/16 4 the (not) stolen 4-wheeler he is 2 good to b caught with dope agian he does it @ stores or back-wood ledges roads
guest

Livingston, TN

#37 Apr 21, 2010
why you know the big bad a** p***y cops here in overton county won't let nothing get by them all they need now is to bring along the big p***y face police chief barney fife .what a joke they all are most of them are so fat they haven't saw their p****s in years
rodgerdodger

United States

#38 May 11, 2010
Amazed wrote:
What ever happened to the issue with the 4wheeler that they took from Joe's place??? Or does that magically go away too
he got arressted agian 4 4-wheeler so long fare well we hate to c joe go he will do time we will have peace by by we hate 2 c joe go take ape with ya please
Curious

Monroe, TN

#39 Jun 1, 2010
What is the latest with Joe? Heard he was in a wreck and not doing well.

“get educated....”

Since: Dec 09

none ya

#40 Jun 14, 2010
yeah he had a "hold my beer and wath this boys" moment... he is not well at all..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monterey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Aaron Swallows is trashy as ever 9 min chris 4
Aaron Swallows /Nick Neafus 15 min abby 6
does anybody know christy farley..... (Jan '10) 17 hr dong 7
Who is Glenda McDaniels? 18 hr Bkedsoe 5
Hardees in Monterey 18 hr Sammy jo 19
Wes bass May 25 Curious 1
GCA services May 25 Crackheads 2
More from around the web

Monterey People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]