Mexican Mafia's root runs deep in San...

Mexican Mafia's root runs deep in San Gabriel Valley

There are 74 comments on the San Gabriel Valley Tribune story from Feb 10, 2008, titled Mexican Mafia's root runs deep in San Gabriel Valley. In it, San Gabriel Valley Tribune reports that:

Ralph "Perico" Rocha and Rafael "Cisco" Gonzalez-Mu oz committed what is considered a mortal sin among the ranks of the dreaded Mexican Mafia prison gang: they encroached into the drug territory of a senior ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at San Gabriel Valley Tribune.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
JCB737

Duarte, CA

#1 Feb 11, 2008
I'm sorry, but no one cares about these losers in the gangs. I've grown up here and this crap never meant anything to anyone I know. It's seems that the more you write about the Mexican Mafia street gang, the more props your actually giving to the gangs themselves. Most of these Mexican gang members are losers and cowards anyway. Most will never amount to anything and no one cares about them - not even the police. Quit writing about gangs and start writing about real role models and heroes like members of the military, vetrans and police officers. Gang problems come and go, whether they're Mexicans, Whites, Blacks or Asian gangs - most people don't care and if left to good citizens such as myself, there would not be any gang problems.
No one ever identifies the real problems either - illegal immigration - period. Too many illegals having anchor baby kids which they cannot care for, nor do they have any business rearing these little monsters to begin with.
JCB737

Duarte, CA

#2 Feb 11, 2008
I'm sorry, but no one cares about these losers in the gangs. I've grown up here and this crap never meant anything to anyone I know. It's seems that the more you write about the Mexican Mafia street gang, the more props your actually giving to the gangs themselves. Most of these Mexican gang members are losers and cowards anyway. Most will never amount to anything and no one cares about them - not even the police. Quit writing about gangs and start writing about real role models and heroes like members of the military, vetrans and police officers. Gang problems come and go, whether they're Mexicans, Whites, Blacks or Asian gangs - most people don't care and if left to good citizens such as myself, there would not be any gang problems.

No one ever identifies the real problems either - illegal immigration - period. Too many illegals having anchor baby kids which they cannot care for, nor do they have any business rearing these little monsters to begin with.

susie

Newbury Park, CA

#3 Feb 11, 2008
wow. must make mexican people SO proud. must be those "south of the border family values" we all know and love. i know, lets let more of them in to our country!
susie

Newbury Park, CA

#4 Feb 11, 2008
JCB737 wrote:
thank you. couldn't have said it better myself. and this article doesn't condemn the behavior but in a sense, glorifies it.
Star News

Covina, CA

#5 Feb 11, 2008
Man they are getting desperate for ratings over at the Star News and Tribune. From what I understand they are in financial trouble. They sure go out of their way to make the San Gabriel Valley look bad.
Star News

Covina, CA

#6 Feb 11, 2008
I meant the San Gabriel Valley Tribune.
avv

Alhambra, CA

#7 Feb 11, 2008
Your ignorant. That's all I have to say.
why

Covina, CA

#8 Feb 11, 2008
avv wrote:
Well you smell funny. So what is your point?
Hello

Alhambra, CA

#9 Feb 11, 2008
interesting
Concerned

Zanesville, OH

#10 Feb 11, 2008
The more illegal immigration, the more of this violence and gang activity for all of us to watch and deal with. It seems to be glorified in the culture and this article only helps them.
susie

Newbury Park, CA

#11 Feb 11, 2008
avv wrote:
ahh yes. when all else fails, call someone "ignorant" or "racist". please continue. please educate me and my ignorant self about the value and importance of murdering, raping, robbing, drug dealing criminals to our communities. please, i am waiting with baited breath.
but who is more ignorant, someone reading the news or someone who chooses to make their life ruining the lives of others through any means possible in order to make a profit and earn "respect"? someone who would rather live the life of a street thug than go out and get educated and work for a living?
cudzuqueen

Hendersonville, TN

#12 Feb 11, 2008
When parents don't nurture and utilize home training, the gang life appears to fill the void left by these irresponsible and useless parents. A gang is, in a sense, a family to them, where they can finally feel that they belong to something. Blame the parents for not doing their job. Illegal parents use their American-born kids for their entitlements, while tossing them in a corner and forcing them to fend for themselves. They lack values and souls.
All Same All Crap

Covina, CA

#13 Feb 11, 2008
http://www.pasadenastarnews.com/news/ci_82320...

Fred Board named SGVN general manager
Article Launched: 02/11/2008 01:48:44 PM PST

Fred Board has been named general manager of a new Inland Division of Los Angeles Newspaper Group, publisher of the San Gabriel Valley Tribune, Pasadena Star-News and the Whittier Daily News.
Board will report to Fred Hamilton, who on Monday was named Publisher and chief executive officer of the Inland Division. Hamilton has been publisher and CEO of LANG's Inland Empire newspapers, which includes The Sun in San Bernardino, the Inland Valley Daily Bulletin, and the Redlands Daily Facts.

Board will be based at the San Gabriel Valley Tribune in West Covina. He succeeds former publisher Larry Kline, who has left the company.

Ed Moss, President and CEO of Los Angeles Newspaper Group, announced the promotions.

"Fred Hamilton and Fred Board are proven leaders within our organization,"

Moss said. "The restructuring of the Inland Division will bring consistency of management and promote best practices throughout already excellent newspapers."

Board is veteran newspaper executive who has been president and general manager of the Inland Valley Daily Bulletin since 2007.

"I'm eager and excited to work with the team at the San Gabriel newspaper group to grow our business and serve our community, our readers and our advertisers even better," Board said. "With our combined firepower, we've got a phenomenal opportunity to drive innovation at a time when doing so has never been more important."

----------

Advertisement
----------
Hamilton has been the top executive for the Sun, Daily Bulletin and Redlands Daily Facts since 2007. Under Hamilton's leadership, the Inland Empire newspapers recently launched Inland Living, a high-end glossy magazine; Mi Tiempo, a Spanish-language entertainment weekly; and specialty web sites.
"The strength of our organization is in our people, and it pleases me in no end to have the opportunity to join together these two incredibly strong teams," Hamilton said. "The success of the San Gabriel group speaks for itself, and as we look to the future, I see endless opportunities to build on that success."

The new partnership is designed to leverage the combined might of the Inland and San Gabriel operations while building on the growth opportunities that exist throughout the market. Web site expansion and additional targeted publications are a growing priority.

The Inland and San Gabriel operations are part of the California Newspaper Partnership, managed by Denver-based MediaNews Group. The cluster is part of MNG's Los Angeles Newspaper Group, which publishes nine daily newspapers in Southern California and several weekly newspapers, including the Spanish-language Impacto USA. LANG's web operations include the LA.com network.
TJG

Culver City, CA

#14 Feb 11, 2008
I live in Chapman Woods, is our area still a threat. there was a house on Vallombrosia but fortunately the guy died of an overdose.
Juan Querendon

Houston, TX

#15 Feb 11, 2008
JCB737 wrote:
Pray to God you never end up in jail....you'll care about it once you're there....

pray to God that you're not locked up for mistaken identity and end up stuck in jail!!!
blah

Covina, CA

#16 Feb 11, 2008
JCB737 wrote:
why are you making a comment on this story?when you dont care.
I live in el monte

Whittier, CA

#17 Feb 12, 2008
susie wrote:
wow. must make mexican people SO proud. must be those "south of the border family values" we all know and love. i know, lets let more of them in to our country!
Intresting so tell me where do you think the aryan brotherhood or the black guerilla family get their values from?? Race, Ethnic background have nothing to do with a lack of parenting or what ever other factor may be involved... if socety would stop making this that kind of issue maybe we would be better able to get a grip on the situaton but its just easier to raise your eyebrows and blame someone else because it would never happen in your neck of the woods right?? im sure than when your busy pointing the finger at "south of the border values" there isnt 4 fingers pointing back at ohh you know the good ol U S of A for allowing such a broken system to still become a breedng ground for this type of malicious activity. wheteher it glorifies it or not im sure at one point or another we have all been victims of a crime so yeah if this is going on in my backyard you best believe i care and maybe so should you
I live in el monte

Whittier, CA

#18 Feb 12, 2008
cudzuqueen wrote:
When parents don't nurture and utilize home training, the gang life appears to fill the void left by these irresponsible and useless parents. A gang is, in a sense, a family to them, where they can finally feel that they belong to something. Blame the parents for not doing their job. Illegal parents use their American-born kids for their entitlements, while tossing them in a corner and forcing them to fend for themselves. They lack values and souls.
you mean to tell me that bad parentng only affects illegal immigrants? come on get real. Just turn on your TV im pretty sure youll find a great deal of american born mommies and daddies who are just as disfunctional in the parenting department.
Unfortunately there is plenty of white, black, brown, yellow, red, pink, and green people who totally screw up their kids so please
we should all get off that high horse already
God didnt create perfection in any ethnicty race or religion.
pancho from rancho

Los Angeles, CA

#19 Feb 12, 2008
Wow where's the I,in Susie's Q?(Mafia concept active in many cultures.) Proud to be an American, of Mexican decent, yet cant walk on water, and will never let daughter play with susie homemaker.
susie wrote:
Kenny

San Bernardino, CA

#20 Feb 12, 2008
With this article, all the writer is doing is giving the Mexican mafia and their gang land croonies more publicity.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monterey Park Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 10 hr Poster X 34,162
LMSA Soccer (Feb '10) 13 hr LMSA 9,716
Byron's Back! (in spirit) 16 hr flurnet 9
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 16 hr Anybody Anywhere 21,174
Something's up on City Council 20 hr Pell call the Feds 7
I like bacon, but don't want a hog farm next do... 20 hr Sad but true 21
Why was CM at city hall on Sunday morning? 20 hr Orange jumpsuits ... 31

Monterey Park Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Monterey Park Mortgages