91 out-of-state killers paroled here

91 out-of-state killers paroled here

There are 50 comments on the The Indianapolis Star story from Nov 3, 2006, titled 91 out-of-state killers paroled here. In it, The Indianapolis Star reports that:

Danny R. Rouse, the man police say admitted killing a Northern Indiana teen-age girl who was the subject of an Amber Alert this week, is one of 91 murderers on parole from other states living in Indiana.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Indianapolis Star.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
sara jarrard

Ft Mitchell, KY

#42 Nov 3, 2006
I strongly believe that sexual offenders should not be released into the public. Personally, I feel they should be physically marked(tattoo, perhaps) in an easy to see location. If the Nazis could mark the Jews, then why can't we mark our sex offenders, especially if they are repeat offenders. I do believe that a person can make a mistake and redeem themselves, but not when it comes to our children. Thank God, my children are grown, but I do have grandchildren and I want them to be aware of any person that has had sexual contact with minors. If a person feels the urge to confront and molest our children, then that person has a serious mental problem. The connection just isn't making the right contacts in the brain, I guess. I just don't see how any therapy is going to change this connection. They sick, vile, and unfortunately, amongst our children. I think every possible prevention of letting them free to do this again should be explored. It is easy enough to tell the family that you are sorry for this unfortunate loss, but it doesn't bring their child back or the mental problems our children face after being molested. I would rather have a drug dealer living next to me, rather than a child molester. Their is no excuse for this terrible killing!!! I heart goes out to this family and my prayers are with you. With help from our officials in office, perhaps they can come up with a Bill to prevent this from happening again, and again, and again! Our children are our future, do we want them to be afraid?
DISGUSTED

Rubicon, WI

#43 Nov 3, 2006
josie wales wrote:
it is past time for the american people to take back control of our government. true justice is totally ignored by the existing system. whatever happened to public hangings for animals that commit heinous crimes against society. sentence perpetrators of crimes against children to five minutes of private lock up in a small cubicle with the childs father or grandfather or any other "tore down relative". lets give the politicians and lawmakers their worst nightmare ; " 100% of elgible voters casting ballots in the next election".
Speaking as one of those people that would love to be in a cubicle w/the people that are currently abusing a 31/2 year old grandchild (up to and including locking him in an unlite basement, letting his teeth rot out to the point he has a partial , burns ect.ect.) and yes they have been turned in to CPS, local police, written letters to everyone. Believe me the score would be taken right up to where the damn thing should be. FINAL!!!I could live the rest of my miserable w/out hearing what awonderful job our finest is doing. i'll be shocked if they let this post go thru. they've stopped all the rest!!!!
mike h

Hilo, HI

#44 Nov 3, 2006
J. David Donahue whines about not seeing this problem on the horizon, and shrugs it all off by saying it's a pity we can't predict future behavior. How many slaughtered people would be needed in order to give you a clue, Mr. Donahue? You, and bureaucrats like you, should be ashamed.
DISGUSTED

Rubicon, WI

#45 Nov 3, 2006
mike h wrote:
J. David Donahue whines about not seeing this problem on the horizon, and shrugs it all off by saying it's a pity we can't predict future behavior. How many slaughtered people would be needed in order to give you a clue, Mr. Donahue? You, and bureaucrats like you, should be ashamed.
They have NO SHAME. It's ALL about $$$$$$$$$$They all sit in their ivory towers laughing their sick asses off.I could careless of what any of the^&*&^*)(^#$would do to me, I'm so miserable knowing this particular child can't understand why we keep taking him back IT"S THE F^%^%$%#@^(LAW!!! MY hands are tied and NO one else gives a DAMN!!!!!!!
Ducky Teague

Chicago, IL

#46 Nov 3, 2006
When is a life sentence actually going to be a life sentence? He killed another human being and does not deserve to walk the face of the earth. People like him should rot in jail. Those 2 kids he murdered don't have another change...why should he?
Leilani

Amarillo, TX

#47 Nov 3, 2006
I am deeply saddened by what has happened in my home town. It scares me because I have children... as if there wasnt enough out there to be afraid of before this happened in our little town... but, 31 children might have been found due to 25 alerts because possibly more than one child was involved in a few of the cases.
Young Black and Educated wrote:
Read the passage taken from the article below.. How in the heck are 31 children going to be found because of the alert, but only 25 alerts were issued. Someones Lying...
AMBER ALERT SYSTEM DEBUTED IN 2003
• February 2003: Amber Alert is initiated in Indiana.
• 78: The number of requests for an alert since then.
• 25: The number of alerts issued.
• 31: The number of children who were located alive because of those alerts.
• 3: The number of children found dead.
Source: Indiana State Police
never surprised

Winamac, IN

#48 Nov 3, 2006
Jessica wrote:
<quoted text>
First off, i did not get my information from CSI. i was a psychology/criminal justice major in school, so i'm getting my information from textbooks. but thanks. It's not just people that harm children that need to be kept locked up. anyone that harms another human being needs to be kept locked up. and i really don't care if they made 1 bad choice and now they can't have a normal life. when you choose to kill someone, you are consciously making that decision, knowing what the ramifications are. it's not like they thought "hey i'll kill this person and see what happens." they know the consequences and still choose to go through with their actions. and for that they deserve to stay in prison. for the people that are wrongfully convicted, i feel bad for them. that sucks. but eventually the truth comes out. granted that doesn't make it better.
i don't need to be happy that my bad choices are on the lower end of the spectrum. it's not by luck. it's by the sheer fact that i'm a responsible intelligent person who isn't screwed up in the head and can function properly in society. congratulations on your friendships and such, and i admire your take from the other side, but right now it doesn't make one bit of difference. and really has nothing to do with this case, because this scumbag admitted to committing the crime. Save that for a guy who's accused that didn't confess. i feel no sorrow for these hard core criminals spending their entire lives living in prison. they made the choices, now they have to live with the consequences. It could be me or someone I know that takes the fall for something they didn't do, but it's an even bigger chance that it's me or someone I know that winds up missing and found dead in a field in small town usa. especially in this instance, since I am from a town extremely near Winamac. So call me cruel, feel sorry for prisoners all you want, but if keeping them in prison makes it a smaller chance that I or someone I know ends up like that poor girl, or Jill Behrman, or Molly Datillo..then that's a chance i'm willing to take.
One other note-the inmates DO NOT pay for their college degrees, and it is very rare that family pays the bill. Their college degrees are paid thru grants for low income students. So, they suck money from the taxpayer and the kids that are playing by the rules are competing with incarcerated felons for grant money. Since when does a college education have anything to do with the character of the person-either you are a murderous, molesting piece of crap, or you are not.
Trisha May

Thermal, CA

#49 Nov 4, 2006
I would like to know why this man was allowed to have a job where he was able to interact with children. When his conviction was of such a haneous act on a child?
Hotrod

AOL

#50 Nov 16, 2006
To Jessi,
Thank You for responing to Holly Saylor. Holly I would like to no if you have lost a loved one to a violent crime. If you have shame on you and if you haven't you need to spend time with a family that has suffered the loss of a loved one and, then maybe you can open your eye's to the truth and,then tell me haw many death roll monster's are guily and how many pick the friend's or so call friend's that run with. That is why they are at the wrong place and wrong time not, because of society. Your friend's are you choice. Maybe you should watch so court T.V. or C.S.I. I sure as hell don't watch either one but, I have lost a loved one due to a violent crime so, i will say that if you have not lost anyone shut up!
caring citizen

Winamac, IN

#51 Nov 18, 2006
To Jesse & Hotrod,
AMEN,perfectly put.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monterey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Winamac Man Arrested on Violation of Operating ... (Dec '12) Aug 10 Coach Tank 5
luke weldon where are u?? (Jun '13) Feb '16 lukeweldon 3
WANTED: 1 night rental for married couple (Dec '15) Dec '15 Respect2Glory 1
News Sometimes Armed Home Intruders Just Have to Lea... (May '13) Dec '15 No one 5
News Column: Indiana highway gives us lesson in econ... (Aug '15) Aug '15 Corruption Killer 2
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Indiana (D... (Oct '10) Aug '15 CorruptionKiller 35
News All About Dogs (Feb '10) Feb '15 Jonathan Adriano 8

Monterey Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Monterey Mortgages