Painter Thomas Kinkade arrested for alleged DUI

Jun 14, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Sacramento Bee Newspaper

Famed Placerville-raised painter Thomas Kinkade has been arrested for allegedly driving drunk outside Carmel, according to the California Highway Patrol.

Comments
1 - 12 of 12 Comments Last updated Oct 31, 2012
Painter of Light Beer

Placerville, CA

#1 Jun 18, 2010
When he is not busy drunk driving in Carmel he is busy doing the same in El Dorado County.I hope they lock him up for a long time
Bellows

Sacramento, CA

#2 Jun 19, 2010
I think that his McArtwork is more offensive than any DUI. The crappy prints that he sells as "semi-original" or "quasi-paintings" or whatever he calls them are a flat out insult to art buyers.This man is a joke.A drunken joke that is.
Golfpro

Seaside, CA

#3 Jun 29, 2010
down here we know him as a drunk,talentless,scoundrel.He has endangered the folks in this area for too long.Human garbage is another term we use for him.
DanaMcGraw

Placerville, CA

#4 Aug 1, 2010
Golfpro wrote:
down here we know him as a drunk,talentless,scoundrel.He has endangered the folks in this area for too long.Human garbage is another term we use for him.
Oh come on!!! why would you call him human?
Kale

Placerville, CA

#5 Aug 31, 2010
this "man" is a joke
bdana

Placerville, CA

#7 Sep 12, 2010
false
Housepainter

Talala, OK

#8 May 23, 2011
Commercial garbage. Hardly surprising given the obvious complete lack of any real talent. "Painter of Crap". If I sold all that kitsch under the guise of art, I would probably drink too.
D Ramos

Placerville, CA

#9 Jun 29, 2011
does anyone still have his junk hanging on their walls? I saw a couple of his prints at a garage sale in Pollock Pines sitting next to an old Nagel
Cody

Schenectady, NY

#10 Jan 5, 2012
A "drunk" or not, his paintings are great in terms of skill, and are quite intense in regards to the mood & atmosphere they give off as a whole. The fact that he's apparently a drunk is a shame, it is something no one should ever allow themselves to become. But to veer off-topic to insult & degrade a man's talent is low, to say the very least.
Gaile Crest

Placerville, CA

#11 Jan 6, 2012
Cody wrote:
A "drunk" or not, his paintings are great in terms of skill, and are quite intense in regards to the mood & atmosphere they give off as a whole. The fact that he's apparently a drunk is a shame, it is something no one should ever allow themselves to become. But to veer off-topic to insult & degrade a man's talent is low, to say the very least.
Thanks for posting your comment Thomas.Now go back to churning out your garbage paintings and swilling your booze.
Placerman

Sacramento, CA

#12 Jan 6, 2012
The fact that this clown from New York would start gushing about our local garbage painter is funny.He must own one of the franchised "art stores" that Kincaid has spread across the US.Can't he put his talents to better use and does he have to sell prints as "original".What a joke
Total recall

Rancho Cordova, CA

#13 Oct 31, 2012
Painter of Light Beer wrote:
When he is not busy drunk driving in Carmel he is busy doing the same in El Dorado County.I hope they lock him up for a long time
I am so angry at those who drink and drive.My sister was seriously hurt by an ass like Kinkade.I am glad the people of El Dorado County are safer with out this ass driving around drunk anymore

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monterey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 4 hr dannytome 15,962
CA Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 4 hr dannytome 200,587
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 6 hr J RULES 68,991
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) Fri Macko mono 5,000
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) Thu Tank ever 7,926
First City Festival 2014 Brings Ugly Rock Metal... Thu JoeMama 2
Suri Cruise's dog is missing in Los Angeles Thu Money 1
•••
•••
•••

Monterey Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Monterey People Search