Now for the hard questions
Join the discussion below, or Read more at Monterey County Herald.
#2 Dec 7, 2009
What would you answer? Most don't have an answer.
Why not a column on this nonsense about police and fire are essential?
Or the military protects our freedom and sacrifices for us?
Or the government provides services worth paying taxes?
Or how swallow, inconsiderate and selfish pet owners are?
Or why Obama lied to the American people like most of the politicians?
There are a lot of sacred cows to cover in this world.
1. If I was courageous, I would do nothing.
2. What thought do you think that always works? None.
3. What is your best habit? Habits are unrated. Habit are thoughtless repetitive actions. There can be modified with thought and effort.
4. Why do you keep your worst habit? See answer to 3
#3 Dec 8, 2009
5. What could you do today that would make you happy for a long time? Nothing. My happiness is often unplanned and unexpected, but never last very long.
6. Why do you do what you do? Some because of what the authorities want.
Some because of what society wants. Some to please those I care about. Some to please myself. Most because I am bore.
7. Do you know the love of your life? No.
8. What is your most pathetic excuse? I was only following orders.
9. What do you know for sure? Nothing.
10. What story do you tell yourself that is probably untrue? God likes me better than anybody else.
11. Yes or no? Damn NO!!!!
12. What scares you? Nothing and everything.
13. Are you in charge of your life? Only when there are no witnesses.
14. Do you believe your body is smarter than your brain? No, my brain is part of my body.
15. What rule should you break? I take the fifth.
16. Are you everything you appear to be? No. Each person will see me differently and I constantly change.
17. What should you quit doing? Reading newspapers and answering columnists.
18. Do your kids like you? If I had any, no, they would be jealous because inability to surpass my standards.
Since: Aug 09
#4 Dec 13, 2009
My worst habit? Reading your column, Joy. I'm considering joining a self-help group to help wean me from it.
#5 Dec 31, 2009
1. If I was courageous, I would ...
I don't believe in "courage" in the normal sense of the word, and I'm not trying to be mysterious.
2. What thought do you think that always works?
Eat less bread.
3. What is your best habit?
Eating fewer grains, exercising shorter and harder, and easier.
4. Why do you keep your worst habit?
The short-term consequences keep me coming back.
5. What could you do today that would make you happy for a long time?
I am constantly happy already. I worry about things, but am happy.
6. Why do you do what you do?
My family rewards it, likes it, it keeps them fed & clothed, and I find it satisfying, and I like reading (so I read) and riding (so I ride) and throwing frisbees (so I throw 'em).
7. Do you know the love of your life?
I live with her, married her, everything...and yes, I do know her.
8. What is your most pathetic excuse?
They're all about equal.
9. What do you know for sure?
That we all have a common ancestor. That there are no initiating inner agents.
10. What story do you tell yourself that is probably untrue?
Can't think of anything, won't make up something.
11. Yes or no?
Let me see the evidence.
12. What scares you?
Public speaking, the internet.
13. Are you in charge of your life?
14. Do you believe your body is smarter than your brain?
It's part of it.
15. What rule should you break?
16. Are you everything you appear to be?
As I appear to be to me, yes.
17. What should you quit doing?
Diet sodas, when I do...
18. Do your kids like you?(I didn't ask if they loved you. Way different question.)
Add your comments below
|Ask the Auto Doctor (Mar '06)||Aug 26||dld1234||1,543|
|Coastal Commission votes against Santa Cruza s ...||Aug 12||Swiss Mess||14|
|Deadly Calif. wildfire that has destroyed 60 ho...||Jul 31||Frank||1|
|In the face of disaster, sense of community com...||Jul '16||Donna do Wright||1|
|More Monterey Co. Residents Evacuated As Sobera...||Jul '16||mattie05||1|
|Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08)||Jul '16||TWP||72,037|
|the music thread (Apr '12)||Jul '16||Musikologist||21|
Find what you want!
Search Monterey Forum Now
Copyright © 2016 Topix LLC