Council starts talks with In-N-Out Burger

Full story: Monterey County Herald

Seaside officials hope an In-N-Out Burger will prove as strong a draw to the city as the chain's famous made-to-order burgers.
Comments
61 - 71 of 71 Comments Last updated Jul 31, 2013
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Batty

Monterey, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2010

I agree with having put the In-N-Out Burger in Fort Ord off 12th street instead of in Seaside with all of the congestion that is already there. Though I also agree with hating to have to go to Salinas, in one of the worst parts of town, just to get a healthier burger than you'll find in Burger King or McDonald's. Plus, it is a Christian Establishment, have you seen the under side of the cups, fries, and burger wrappers?
Stuart

San Juan Bautista, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2010

I have moved back to the Monterey bay over a year ago and I have found that MC D's have gone down hill since I was last here!They have over done there menu to where I think I'm at Star Bucks! When I want a Burger that is all I need to hear about!

"In N Out" Will be the best thing to come to Monterey!! They offer a Good Menu and at a great price.They treat there employees well so they treat the customer with respect! Your biggest choice is a single or Double Double( unless you know more about the menu). When "In N Out gets here, I will never be at Mc D's again. Till "in n Out gets here I will no longer go to Mc D's as well!!!!! Get Here Soon! I'll be waiting!
SCREW PHAT BURGER

Mill Valley, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2010

FAKE "phat burger" TASTES NOTHING LIKE THE REAL FATBURGER

CANT WAIT FOR IN-N-OUT TO COME. NO MORE OVERPRICED PHAT BURGER WHICH IS NOTHING MORE THAN FROZEN COSTCO BUDER PATTIES AND BUNS. BLEHHHHHH!
rsluggoboy

Salinas, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2011

love, in and out burgers.Get Starbucks off that corner !
rsluggoboy

Salinas, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2011

We want IN AND OUT BURGERS, Get rid of STARBUCKS on that corner !
Cin de

Carmel Valley, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 19, 2011

YES YES YES...I worked in Salinas for 20 years and when In N Out came there was always a line...busy busy busy place and that spells M O N E Y...Seaside, work out the traffic issues and go for it!! You will not be sorry...we want it!!
Impaitent for In and Out

Marina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2011

Let's face it, lots of us want In and Out, and sooner or later it will happen. Why won't everyone just cooperate, find the right location (if not Seaside, where?) and get it in. It's a long drive to Salinas or Gilroy, and the Penninsula could use the revenue, too.
Kristine

Monterey, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2011

Let In and Out Burger come to Seaside. I don't feel that it is blocking a view, as I heard some people complaining about. I really don't think Seaside needs another hotel in that location, either, there are 3 there already. Why send another interested business away from Seaside? I think it would be perfect there. I, also, don't think that Phat Burger has anything to worry about,they are 2 totally different types of restaurants, they make great food, and it would be different from In and Out. People in our area need jobs and it sounds like they treat their employees well. I can only see letting In and Out come as a positive thing, it may even bring more people to the Seaside area.
LMAO

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2011

If In-n-Out gets there, better hope the pro tax democrat far left libs like Bill Monning, or Sam Farr, doesn't tax them to death, or sue them to death for "forcing" the children to become obese!
Susan Gayle

Monterey, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2011

Judged:

No!no!no! People.... have you all lost your minds. The last thing we need on that piece of property is anykind of fast food drive thru. The Mayor and Council were right in voting no to the In-n-out Burger. The traffic on Del Monte would be a total mess, accidents would increase and it isn't going to create that many jobs for Seaside as many job applicants would be coming from all over the Peninsula. INOB could not just hire Seaside residents as that would be discrimination. I have only eaten one INOB and that was some 20 years ago on a trip back from Disneyland with the kids. We spotted one off the freeway and stopped. Even back then, there was a line inside and in the driveup. The burger was good, but I wasn't dreaming about when I could get my next one. I think an INOB would be great if it was out in the Dunes shopping center. There is not one resturant or any places to eat there. The area is expanding like crazy and Marina seems to be able to get things done much faster as the rest of the Peninsula sleeps. So, please do not get angry with the Seaside Mayor and City Council. They are doing their jobs by looking at the whole picture and doing what is best for us. You will see an INOB on this Peninsula in the next couple of years because INOB knows where the money is to be made. If they don't build here then it's just their loss. So, lets all be respectful to the Mayor and Council Members that we voted into office. They have a tough job to do and I applaud them for having open discussions and the Mayor for inviting public comments at all the meetings I have seen on tv. Bring your ideas and solutions to the meetings and help this town become all it can be. I learned a long time ago that if you are going to tell someone that you can do their job better, then you better be willing to step into their shoes and prove you can do the job better or you become the bigger fool for opening your mouth.
Long

Marina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2013

i love it in n out burger for me

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Monterey Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Monterey Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Monterey People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE