Council starts talks with In-N-Out Bu...

Council starts talks with In-N-Out Burger

There are 71 comments on the Monterey County Herald story from Oct 3, 2009, titled Council starts talks with In-N-Out Burger. In it, Monterey County Herald reports that:

Seaside officials hope an In-N-Out Burger will prove as strong a draw to the city as the chain's famous made-to-order burgers.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Monterey County Herald.

Reader

Carmel Valley, CA

#42 Oct 5, 2009
Seaside is quickly becoming a "sleepover" hub for traveling tourists to the peninsula. An In-Out Burger joint is a plus for the developing city as it gains popularity as the city next door. Sand City went from a sandy dune, commercialized city into an industrious, profitable shopping mall and it won't be long beforel Seaside/Fort Ord/Marina follow suit.
Andrew Zeller

Seaside, CA

#43 Oct 5, 2009
I know that myself and a bunch of Navy Buddies would be ecstatic about a Seaside In and Out location. We often make the extra long trip to Salinas just for the burgers !!!
Nick

Wakefield, MA

#44 Oct 5, 2009
If they want to eat this fast food crap let them!
Jazzkat

Union City, CA

#45 Oct 6, 2009
hell yeah....great call! Cant wait for my double-double animal style.
sammy

San Jose, CA

#46 Oct 7, 2009
In n Out wrote:
<quoted text>in and out build from the ground up. they want land to do their own developing from scratch. Immpeccable business, they are the best !
THE COOK THE FOOD FRESH., TO ORDER., THEY USE FRESH VEGETABLES, THEY USE REAL POTATOES THAT THEY SCRUB DAILY, & COOK IN A HIGH QUALITY OIL. THE LINES ARE ENDLESS TO GET IN TO ANY OF THEM DURING LUNCH HOURS BETWEEN NOON AND 2PM. IF YOU WANT NO BREAD, THEY WRAP THE PROTEIN IN LETTUCE (LETTUCE WRAP). THEY PAY MIN OF 10.00 PER HOUR FOR THE KIDS WHO WORK THERE., AND THEY ARE CLEAN. THEY CLEAN THE FLOORS, TABLES, BATHROOMS, AND THE IN AND OUTS ARE IMMPECCABLE. THEY ARE COURTEOUS, VERY FRIENDLY AND VERY PROFESSIONAL. JUST DONT GO THERE IF YOUR SO DUMB.
oh pleasure

San Jose, CA

#47 Oct 7, 2009
Nick wrote:
i'd hate to see the crap hole you live and eat in.
David and Lynn

San Jose, CA

#48 Oct 7, 2009
Andrew Zeller wrote:
I know that myself and a bunch of Navy Buddies would be ecstatic about a Seaside In and Out location. We often make the extra long trip to Salinas just for the burgers !!!
all the police officers enjoy eating there. I am used to five star restaurants, and I prefer in and out to any other fast food place. Oh, and by the way., In & Out isn't fast food. I spent an hour in there the other day waiting and waiting for my food. It was worth the wait.
Dave

San Jose, CA

#49 Oct 7, 2009
Joe wrote:
I would welcome In n out to Seaside. We sure have every other fast food business here. In n out is probably the best of the fast burger joints. I'm wondering why they need to build on vacant land in Seaside when there are many empty store fronts they could use. I've heard they need to be seen from the freeway. As far as traffic, well-Starbucks backs up at Cyn del Ray alot. I hope Krispy Kreme comes next.
they don't want some run down crumby building. they build their from scratch from the ground and up. They have their own carpenters who do all of their own buildings. they have an image and a style. THEY TAKE PRIDE IN ALL THEY DO. Most of them have been family owned. They are the BEST !
Elaine Ewen

Monterey, CA

#50 Oct 7, 2009
In-N-Out Burger is the best of the fast food restaurants. We were out of town so we didn't get to vote in the survey, but I hope it is approved. Their double double protein style is the yummiest!
Angelina

San Jose, CA

#52 Oct 8, 2009
Andrew Zeller wrote:
The Salinas one is good. The Gilroy one is good. The Morgan Hill one - the mgr comes up to me every time I am passing thru town while traveling, and always has a warm smile, and personally brings me my food. They come over and offer to take your tray away as well. Class Act.
Dick

San Jose, CA

#53 Oct 8, 2009
Nick wrote:
oh your used to mc Donalds.
Water-Viewer

New Cuyama, CA

#54 Oct 8, 2009
Ok, I have THE BEST PLACE for IN-N-OUT burger. It should be on DEL MONTE where McDonalds is near Wharf II. I know they're putting up a new building for MsD's, but it should go there instead of McD's.
You are funny

Fresno, CA

#55 Oct 9, 2009
Water-Viewer wrote:
Ok, I have THE BEST PLACE for IN-N-OUT burger. It should be on DEL MONTE where McDonalds is near Wharf II. I know they're putting up a new building for MsD's, but it should go there instead of McD's.
Monterey has enough revenue.
Bill W

Salinas, CA

#56 Oct 9, 2009
Water-Viewer wrote:
And do you think McDonald's is willing to sell to In-N-Out? Or do you just think the government can take the property and give it to In-N-Out?
Space

Seaside, CA

#57 Oct 9, 2009
They only build next to freeways. Bring on the double double!!!!!!!!!!
Durty

Salinas, CA

#58 Oct 9, 2009
Oh how awesome this would be. Those of you who think InNOut is just another fast food place with a million calories and would just lead to more fat people are freaking kidding yourselves. Hopefully they would put McD's across the street out of business. BTW, if you go get a dinner or lunch when you eat out at a restaurant, you are taking in the same amount of calories, so it's realistically not that much unhealthier.
Apk

San Francisco, CA

#59 Oct 16, 2009
iag wrote:
Finally, an In-N-Out Burger locally! I don't have to go to Gilroy for my fix.
You go to Gilroy and you live in Salinas? You know there's an in'n'out in Salinas....right?
Fcityhall

Seaside, CA

#60 Oct 16, 2009
Besides the great burgers they can generate some money so we can give our lame ass city manager a raise. That news coverage of the firefighters said it all!!!!! Our Mayor is an [email protected] MORON. Election time is coming! Cut our cops or firemen and you all will pay the price!
MISTY

Sunnyvale, CA

#61 Oct 28, 2009
Apk wrote:
<quoted text>
You go to Gilroy and you live in Salinas? You know there's an in'n'out in Salinas....right?
People travel. Perhaps he is traveling and passing Gilroy. You don't go thru Salinas to get to Gilroy. One would take the freeway then 156 and over to 101. What's your point.
jetcin

Salinas, CA

#62 Apr 23, 2010
You people that are worried about the food being unhealthy... give me an f'n break! It's a heck of alot healthier than that crap they serve at Chili's and they let that place in!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monterey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Ask the Auto Doctor (Mar '06) 13 hr marshalls9180 1,550
where can I find heroin in monterey? (Oct '14) Fri Shante 87
News Study: Illegal immigrants having more kids in US (Apr '09) Fri Juan Illota 5,751
Where can I find legit black in Salinas asap!? Nov 27 Cjay22 8
News A cold case revisited: The night Dolly Evans di... Nov 21 HD vacaville 2
News Marina mayora s race: Incumbent Bruce Delgado v... Nov '16 Seattle Doug 1
News Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) Oct '16 Agnostic 72,043

Monterey Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Monterey Mortgages