Council starts talks with In-N-Out Burger

Full story: Monterey County Herald

Seaside officials hope an In-N-Out Burger will prove as strong a draw to the city as the chain's famous made-to-order burgers.
Comments
1 - 20 of 71 Comments Last updated Jul 31, 2013
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Water-Viewer

United States

#1 Oct 3, 2009
BRING IT ON!!!!!!!!!!
IN-N-OUT BURGER is the BEST!
Harry

Marina, CA

#2 Oct 3, 2009
I love In-N-Out Burgers, but this location is not good.... it will create a real traffic mess with Home Depot and Starbucks nearby...plus the Phat Burger down the street isn't going to be real happy about this...
SOCOGRL

United States

#3 Oct 3, 2009
You won't be dissapointed you agreed to In-N-Out. They are the highest paying fast food chain, offer benefits and work with the kids who are still in school around their extra curricular schedules. Go to Salinas and talk to the employees and they will tell you so.
concerned

Salinas, CA

#4 Oct 3, 2009
This sounds like a great idea for Carmel Valley (in about 10 years when it has exhausted it's so called "surplus" on infrastructure, fire, police, lawsuits, employees w/ their pension funds, maintenance, bureaucratic BS and is seeking that much needed revenue...)
Its funny how "past subdivisions" have allowed Carmel Valley to even consider incorporating into a town, yet the sole focus of this future city council is to put a stop to subdivisions.
Harry

Marina, CA

#5 Oct 3, 2009
...in terms of the traffic, I would think most people would be coming from Hwy 1. They'd exit near the Monterey Beach hotel, then go past Home Depot to the signal near the Embassy Suites, take a right, THEN, they would have to take a left across opposing traffic to get into the burger joint.

This will create a real mess.
iag

Salinas, CA

#6 Oct 3, 2009
Finally, an In-N-Out Burger locally! I don't have to go to Gilroy for my fix.
NIMBY

Carmel Valley, CA

#7 Oct 3, 2009
It is a large parcel of property, and I'm sure the traffic issues can be worked out. This would be such a a wonderful addition to the area! As the previous writer stated, they are a great employer. Their product is superior to any other fast food, and lots of restaurant style restaurants. Lets not take a viable, profitable business out of the running! Not only would it create necessary income, it would be a wonderful addition to the community! This is they type of business we should be trying to attract!
steve

Carmel, CA

#8 Oct 3, 2009
'bout time. the cruz needs one too.
Welcome IN AND OUT

Newark, CA

#9 Oct 3, 2009
Harry wrote:
I love In-N-Out Burgers, but this location is not good.... it will create a real traffic mess with Home Depot and Starbucks nearby...plus the Phat Burger down the street isn't going to be real happy about this...
SO WHAT. IT WILL BE A LOT BETTER THAN PHAT BURGER. IN AND OUT WILL DRAW MORE BUSINESS BECAUSE ITS THE BEST.
Welcome IN AND OUT

Newark, CA

#10 Oct 3, 2009
iag wrote:
Finally, an In-N-Out Burger locally! I don't have to go to Gilroy for my fix.
THERE IS ONE IN SALINAS.
Alma Swiers

Monterey, CA

#11 Oct 3, 2009
Love it, bring it here so we don't have to drive to Gilroy to enjoy quality food, courteous service, and a clean environment fast food establishment.
Random Thought

Salinas, CA

#12 Oct 3, 2009
Welcome In-N-Out! Gilroy is pretty far and who wants to go to Salinas and get shot at?
Obiewan

United States

#13 Oct 3, 2009
That's just what Seaside needs - In N Out Burger. More cholesterol for those morbidly obese schoolkids and their moms and dads. Make sure you find a well-zoned location for the public health clinic that you'll need to erect in order to deal with the adverse health effects of all that cooking lard.
Ken SEASIDE

Salinas, CA

#14 Oct 3, 2009
Bring it on I have in the past called In-N-Out Burger At their home office in SO Cal and asked them to PLEASE build one on the mtry.penn. They have a phone # in our local phone book. As far as traffic go's any business going in there will create traffic. It will have to be worked out.also it will save gas not having to drive to Salinas to buy one. My guess is the people against In-Out havent eaten one.
Barbara Hastings

Seaside, CA

#15 Oct 3, 2009
We desperately need another IN/OUT Burger in Salinas, California. The one we have here is is ALWAYS so overcrowded. One in the North part of Salinas would be great!!
oh boy

Seaside, CA

#16 Oct 3, 2009
Ken SEASIDE wrote:
Bring it on I have in the past called In-N-Out Burger At their home office in SO Cal and asked them to PLEASE build one on the mtry.penn. They have a phone # in our local phone book. As far as traffic go's any business going in there will create traffic. It will have to be worked out.also it will save gas not having to drive to Salinas to buy one. My guess is the people against In-Out havent eaten one.
I don't think they're so great. When I had one in L.A. 30 years ago, I thought it was great but then my next try in 2006, it was just so so. I don't think we need yet another fast food joint. We all should be getting away from this industry for many reasons. Also, the location is bad for this business due to traffic. Have you been down there between 3 and 6 pm.? I wish someone would start a 'healthy' fast food franchise with organic whole food prepared and ready for pick up through 'drive through' for busy people who also want healthy alternatives
oh boy

Seaside, CA

#17 Oct 3, 2009
Alma Swiers wrote:
Love it, bring it here so we don't have to drive to Gilroy to enjoy quality food, courteous service, and a clean environment fast food establishment.
Quality food????
clif

Black Canyon City, AZ

#18 Oct 3, 2009
they suck
Rudy

San Diego, CA

#19 Oct 3, 2009
I would love to see an In-N-Out burger in Monterey and while they are at it, they should put one in the new shopping center in Marina.
Ocean

Monterey, CA

#20 Oct 3, 2009
Ithink an In-N-Out Burger joint in Seaside would be great, but I don't think the proposed location is the best fit. Why not put it on the Fort Ord land that is current set aside for the Main Gate Center or whatever they are calling that project now. It would be right off the highway for easy access and the CSUMB students will keep it busy.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monterey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CA Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 9 min RiccardoFire 200,667
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 1 hr J RULES 69,109
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 4 hr papersup 15,974
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 14 hr memo maddnes 5,020
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) Mon punch tips 7,935
First City Festival 2014 Brings Ugly Rock Metal... Aug 28 JoeMama 2
Suri Cruise's dog is missing in Los Angeles Aug 28 Money 1
•••
•••
•••

Monterey Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Monterey People Search