Few good options to secure Syria chemical arsenal

Oct 13, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Tri-cityherald.com

In this Thursday, Oct. 11, 2012 file photo, a general view of hangars at a desert military training facility where U.S. forces are training Jordanian commandos in Russeifeh, Jordan, Thursday, Oct.

Comments
21 - 40 of 83 Comments Last updated Oct 17, 2012
truth always beats lies

Covington, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2012

Syrian wrote:
<quoted text> "We" didn't "make them rich", oil did. Americans don't need to die and waste billions of dollars trying to convert every government on earth into a "democracy".
I agree especially when american is a dictatorship itself where the faces change every 4 to 8 years but the game stays exactly the same and always has.Certainly the pretext of "democracy" is a joke and nothing more.The american israel controlled government only invades countries in order to steal the resources of said country plain and simple.
truth always beats lies

Covington, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2012

3OHA wrote:
<quoted text>
We certainly did make them rich. Our money and our expertise and our workers developed their oil production... every drop of it. Then, we turned around and gave it to them. No more magnanimous intent and result could have been done. We also gave them vaccines for their children. They turned around and sucked up the profits from our efforts, isolated themselves from their own people, refused to educate them, permitted us to do so, and finally allowed us to keep their people from dying. They owe their wealth and their very lives to our efforts. But, still, they allow this nonsense of people killing their own daughters for going to school, or getting raped. Working on the character of the Arabs and Middle Eastern people is like trying to make a silk purse out of a sow's ear. Faked emotionalism, faked concerns, faked funerals... that's the progress made in the Middle East. When people give them still more, they destroy such as greenhouses because somebody else made them... those terrible Jews. Then the West is stupid enough to give drooling, violent idiots like Arafat a peace medal!
Another paragraph of lies and disinformation and nothing more.
truth always beats lies

Covington, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2012

3OHA wrote:
<quoted text>
This is such outrageous denial, another post is necessary.
There would not be one single oil well anywhere in the Middle East if it wasn't for Western efforts. NOT ONE. Nomadic people inclined to kill their females if they read a book would still be roaming the deserts looking for someone knowing medical science to kill, while gaping at airplanes and telling their children they were magic carpets.
Don't get me wrong. America should never have been encouraging the Syrian rabble to be even more violent and try to uproot their government. It's like giving a two year old a lit road flare. Those people need a strong leader, even one willing to kill the Obama inspired Leftist nutters led by people interested in committing genocide.
Yet another post of lies propaganda and disinformation.
truth always beats lies

Covington, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2012

Eighthman wrote:
But democrats don't want to even look for WMDs if there is a rumor that they exist. If someone told a democrat that they thought they saw their neighbor torturing a girl in the back yard, a democrat would not even want to take a look. That's all Bush did in Iraq and they have been demonizing him ever since. They stink like yesterday's garbage. Cowards.
Go away with that tired BS!! Bush is a war criminal just like the jewish puppet obama.
Rtloder

Blacktown, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2012

Eighthman wrote:
But democrats don't want to even look for WMDs if there is a rumor that they exist. If someone told a democrat that they thought they saw their neighbor torturing a girl in the back yard, a democrat would not even want to take a look. That's all Bush did in Iraq and they have been demonizing him ever since. They stink like yesterday's garbage. Cowards.
We have got something in common besides the obvious, about the election that Bloomberg has predecided , we both support the Roomy view with a Calender
for a calculator for a calculator, although
for different reasons, your simple and I'm
not.
Syrian

New London, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

There is no good way to stop Assad from using his chemical and biological weapons. If he does, he will obliterate the rebels and thousands of innocent civilians in the process. The West fully understands what the outcome could be.
Rtloder

Cobbitty, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Syrian wrote:
There is no good way to stop Assad from using his chemical and biological weapons. If he does, he will obliterate the rebels and thousands of innocent civilians in the process. The West fully understands what the outcome could be.

Seriously for a change, I just couldn't believe it, when Mr Assad stood up to, Obama, and his servants France and Britain saying what he said about the subject that
were on, I'm not even game to name it,
for fear of it.
I'm glad he's on our side, that's what I've
got to say.
Syrian

New London, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Rtloder wrote:
<quoted text>
Seriously for a change, I just couldn't believe it, when Mr Assad stood up to, Obama, and his servants France and Britain saying what he said about the subject that
were on, I'm not even game to name it,
for fear of it.
I'm glad he's on our side, that's what I've
got to say.
The West "warns" Assad not to use chemical and biological WMDs! That's like Assad warning the West never to use nukes! It's almost laughable.
bohart

Newport, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Judged:

3OHA wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe pigs fly. The West goes into the Middle East using their money to develop upward mobility and economic richness for people turning around killing fourteen year old girls for going to school. Thousands of years of murder and rabid mass distemper defines the descendants of Ishmael. People don't even consider how long it took to convince these morons to vaccinate their own children for polio, or diphtheria. If the people of the Middle East had any inclination to civility, they'd have tried to live in peace with the people giving them a leg up instead of developing some weird jealousy. Thousands of years of repeating the same violence shows that any technology whatsoever they steal from the West will be used against the West and commonly, their own people.
The west goes into the middle east using their money to develop upward mobility and economic richness for people?..that is either one of the most uninformed opinions ever launched or just sheer stupidity.
Rtloder

Marrickville, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Syrian wrote:
<quoted text> The West "warns" Assad not to use chemical and biological WMDs! That's like Assad warning the West never to use nukes! It's almost laughable.

It comes from some where, it must, who does Obama have in his think tank, all I can assume is, he moved his think tank to a brewery.
Syrian

New London, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Rtloder wrote:
<quoted text>
It comes from some where, it must, who does Obama have in his think tank, all I can assume is, he moved his think tank to a brewery.
Actually, Obama has his own brewery right in the White House! LOL!!
George

Red Deer, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Judged:

truth always beats lies wrote:
<quoted text>I agree especially when american is a dictatorship itself where the faces change every 4 to 8 years but the game stays exactly the same and always has.Certainly the pretext of "democracy" is a joke and nothing more.The american israel controlled government only invades countries in order to steal the resources of said country plain and simple.
Well in some ways you correct, just you use illiterate words to make your case because you do not know any better, so we will let that slide.

Its called big business in the corportate world and whether you are Russia, China, Syria, or the US it is the economy of the day that shows on the bottom line. If the country did not try to get ahead by purchasing another countries resourses by what ever means then they will surely disappear but instead some countries like China for instance is very cash rich so it is buying up minerals and wealth all over the world. Go look at the business in Africa major Chinese influence. Is this bad??? Absolutely not, countries like Canada sell major amounts of oil but not all of it, potash, cement, wheat, oats, peas, corn and many many more to countries all over the world, China just became a very major buyer, second only to the US but Canadians all gain from the selling of Canadian assets and we in turn trade with other countries for fruit, vegetables, micro technology and on and on. so to make a statement that any one country is just going out to steal assets from another country is being very naive.

But if you disagree I will check back for your side of the arguement.
George

Red Deer, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Judged:

Syrian wrote:
I believe that was the rationale for the US and British sending troops into Jordan. While protecting the refugees they can keep an eye on the stores of weapons either chemical or biological
Avenger

Kitchener, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Judged:

George wrote:
<quoted text>
Well in some ways you correct, just you use illiterate words to make your case because you do not know any better, so we will let that slide.
Its called big business in the corportate world and whether you are Russia, China, Syria, or the US it is the economy of the day that shows on the bottom line. If the country did not try to get ahead by purchasing another countries resourses by what ever means then they will surely disappear but instead some countries like China for instance is very cash rich so it is buying up minerals and wealth all over the world. Go look at the business in Africa major Chinese influence. Is this bad??? Absolutely not, countries like Canada sell major amounts of oil but not all of it, potash, cement, wheat, oats, peas, corn and many many more to countries all over the world, China just became a very major buyer, second only to the US but Canadians all gain from the selling of Canadian assets and we in turn trade with other countries for fruit, vegetables, micro technology and on and on. so to make a statement that any one country is just going out to steal assets from another country is being very naive.
But if you disagree I will check back for your side of the arguement.
Since when can Truth make an argument?
It's just gibberish about being a Jew or something stupid.
Syrian

New London, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

George wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe that was the rationale for the US and British sending troops into Jordan. While protecting the refugees they can keep an eye on the stores of weapons either chemical or biological
Well they can keep an eye all they like, but if they try to move on them then Assad can either use them or lose them, and I would not be surprised if he chose the latter. We are talking about a potential catastrophe where tremendous numbers of military and civilians would be killed.
George

Red Deer, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Judged:

Avenger wrote:
<quoted text>
Since when can Truth make an argument?
It's just gibberish about being a Jew or something stupid.
Hey I can hope, lol. He only has a few catch phrases that he uses on anyone with an opinion differing from his. I am still not sure where he thinks I live, oh yeah somewhere on the US east coast, and I am a Jew (actually Catholic) and I am paid by someone to type on here, now that is wishful thinking but then "show me the money" lol
Avenger

Kitchener, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Judged:

George wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey I can hope, lol. He only has a few catch phrases that he uses on anyone with an opinion differing from his. I am still not sure where he thinks I live, oh yeah somewhere on the US east coast, and I am a Jew (actually Catholic) and I am paid by someone to type on here, now that is wishful thinking but then "show me the money" lol
lol
Rtloder

Marrickville, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

George wrote:
<quoted text>

You truly made me catch my breath,
a catholic is it,, Right!! That does it,!you see what happens after this, and take this,
Karen Armstrong, pity I can spell her name,
had higher praise for, Athirst philosophy than she had for catholic erroneous doctrines, I might be out of line with this
tuperation, so think nothing of it.
Rtloder

Marrickville, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Syrian wrote:
<quoted text> Actually, Obama has his own brewery right in the White House! LOL!!
Do you think George has been spending too much time at the white house. Maybe
if we all chipped in to buy him a Koran.
He is a true gentleman though, it's this phone.,goes by itself.
Syrian

New London, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

George wrote:
<quoted text>
If they move on Assad's chemical and biological weapons and Assad decides to unleash them, the death tool could be astronomical.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••

Monterey Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Monterey People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Monterey News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Monterey