Messianic Jews say they are persecute...

Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

There are 72037 comments on the Newsday story from Jun 21, 2008, titled Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel. In it, Newsday reports that:

Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#73851 May 29, 2014
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
"Listen to yourself and in that quietude you might hear the voice of God."
Maya Angelou's last tweet.
Beautiful quote but at face value it encourages more personal spammitude on this media....
muerto de hambre

United States

#73852 May 29, 2014
????

““You must not lose faith ”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#73853 May 29, 2014
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
Maya Angelou's last tweet.
I thought we had the desert for that.
Though scrubland actually.

Arabic stems for ‘red,' &#702;a&#7717;mar-u (masculine) and &#7717;amraa&#702;-u (feminine), and for ‘black,' &#702;aswad-u (masculine) and sawdaa&#702;-u (feminine).

hambre hambra hombre al hambra??

JOEL COOL DUDE

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

#73855 May 29, 2014
BACK & DRAINED OUT

I am back - successful in business, drawback in emotions. While seated at a restaurant yesterday evening in the neighboring city that I visited, one the songs played ("My Heart Will Go On" by Celine Dion - theme song of the film Titanic) was a hot favorite of my late sister Tina Kahn (late wife of Aaron Kahn and mother of Amar Joshua). I was visibly disturbed. The song was liked by her a lot when she was in school. I recall her playing it over and over again much to the irritation of my late mom. What a waste of fantastic looks and great intelligence. All her schooling at Mumbai's elite Cathedral School and her doctorate (Biochemistry) at an Ivy League in NY have been futile. She died in Canada in a horrific car crash (in a state of inebriation) after she stomped out of the house after one of her regular fights with her husband. These days her husband and son live with the paternal grandparents parents in Tel Aviv. Well, I can't say anything more. I need to rest.
Eric

Chicago, IL

#73856 May 29, 2014
MAAT wrote:
<quoted text>
Arabic stems for ‘red,' &#702;a&#7717;mar-u (masculine) and &#7717;amraa&#702;-u (feminine), and for ‘black,' &#702;aswad-u (masculine) and sawdaa&#702;-u (feminine).
hambre hambra hombre al hambra??
google Maya Angelou

Location hidden

#73857 May 29, 2014
MAAT wrote:
<quoted text>
Deserts are defined by precipitation rate, not veg .(Actually by evaporation rate to be more specific)
Eric

Chicago, IL

#73858 May 29, 2014
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Deserts are defined by precipitation rate, not veg .(Actually by evaporation rate to be more specific)
And the Doctor has spoken.

Location hidden

#73859 May 29, 2014
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>And the Doctor has spoken.
http://www.thewildclassroom.com/biomes/desert...

What defines a desert?

A desert is defined simply by the amount of rainfall that falls in an area in conjunction with the amount of evaporation. In essence, its any area that receives on average less than 10 inches of rainfall per year, and where the yearly evaporation is more than 10 inches of rain a year.
Eric

Chicago, IL

#73860 May 29, 2014
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.thewildclassroom.com/biomes/desert...
What defines a desert?
A desert is defined simply by the amount of rainfall that falls in an area in conjunction with the amount of evaporation. In essence, its any area that receives on average less than 10 inches of rainfall per year, and where the yearly evaporation is more than 10 inches of rain a year.
No argument here. I always defer to the experts.

JOEL COOL DUDE

Location hidden

#73861 May 29, 2014
Why are coastal deserts usually found on the western margins of continents - examples: Namib in Africa , Atacama in Chile, the Atlantic Coastal Desert of Morocco, or the deserts of Baja California?

JOEL COOL DUDE

Location hidden

#73862 May 29, 2014
QUESTION:

Is the Coriolis Force in any way responsible for the formation of deserts?

JOEL COOL DUDE

Location hidden

#73863 May 29, 2014
MAYA ANGELOU:

QUESTIONS:

1) What did May mean by the self?

2) Can this self that she talked about be attained to by remaining "silent"? How?

3) What does she mean by "quietude" or by "silence"?

4) What does she mean by "voice of God"?

5) Did she know the vast difference that exists between God and Absolute?

6) What does she mean by God?

JOEL COOL DUDE

Location hidden

#73864 May 29, 2014
typo

1) What did MAYA mean by the self?

JOEL COOL DUDE

Location hidden

#73865 May 29, 2014

COMMENT: A very ignorant quote by Maya Angelou.
joey

United States

#73866 May 29, 2014
Yea yea yea who gives a f*ck. We got the Chicago Jews to deal with. Like rahm.

Location hidden

#73867 May 30, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
Why are coastal deserts usually found on the western margins of continents - examples: Namib in Africa , Atacama in Chile, the Atlantic Coastal Desert of Morocco, or the deserts of Baja California?
Deserts are found throughout all geographies.
Eric

Chicago, IL

#73868 May 30, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
COMMENT: A very ignorant quote by Maya Angelou.
"The power of the concentration in the heart-centre is to open that centre and by the power of aspiration, love, bhakti, surrender remove the veil which covers and conceals the soul and bring forward the soul or psychic being to govern the mind, life and body and turn and open them all fully to the Divine, removing all that is opposed to that turning and opening."

JOEL COOL DUDE

Location hidden

#73869 May 30, 2014
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>

Deserts are found throughout all geographies.
I think in the mid-latitudes most deserts lie on the west - why?

How does the Coriolis Force, if at all, contributes to desertification in al latitudes where deserts are found?

JOEL COOL DUDE

Location hidden

#73870 May 30, 2014
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>

"The power of the concentration in the heart-centre is to open that centre and by the power of aspiration, love, bhakti, surrender remove the veil which covers and conceals the soul and bring forward the soul or psychic being to govern the mind, life and body and turn and open them all fully to the Divine, removing all that is opposed to that turning and opening."
That is a very difficult yogic discipline.

Once the Psychic comes to the forefront from behind the veils of the mental, vital and physical planes it can better organize these planes, psychichize them and open them up to the cosmic equivalents of the mind, vital and gross physical and at the same time it can ascend to the higher planes beyond mind and unite with them.

To bring down the peace and quiet of the higher cosmic planes requires a descent from above - the descent of the cosmic peace/cosmic silence has to take place from as high as the Higher Mind to begin with. It's a very exacting yogic process.

When a mystic is struck on any of the cosmic vital planes and has no knowledge of the higher planes then he's not powerful nor divinized enough nor knowledgeable and besides he has none of the cosmic peace in his lower instrumental parts of mind, vital and body and as such he curses, abuses, threatens, maims, enslaves, kills, engineers genocides, offers blood sacrifices, turns intolerant and in short he works for an asuric power of the power and becomes asuric in karma.

Understand?

JOEL COOL DUDE

Location hidden

#73871 May 30, 2014
Doctor? My balls!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monterey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News More Monterey Co. Residents Evacuated As Sobera... Mon mattie05 1
the music thread (Apr '12) Jul 23 Musikologist 21
where can I find heroin in monterey? (Oct '14) Jul 22 Zappacrappa42 59
News The vote splitting the nation... Who's worse, E... Jul 8 Brexit1776 1
Hartnell Janitors Must Clean Up Behavior by Rev... Jun '16 Reverend Patryse ... 1
(WORKING LINK HERE) BITCH DONALD: Go, Bitch, Go... Jun '16 Reverend Patryse ... 1
Where are the communal showers in Monterey? May '16 Jeremy 2

Monterey Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Monterey Mortgages