Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

Full story: Newsday

Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family.

Comments (Page 3,298)

Showing posts 65,941 - 65,960 of68,359
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2014

Eric wrote:
<quoted text>Banning the Torah and Tanakh would be illegal. Imposition of its tenets on Gays wouldshould likewise be illegal.
Gays should lobby for its ban as it teaches HATRED for their community.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2014

former res wrote:
<quoted text>
Does the Jamaican have a point?
HughBe---Hate speech from taken from the Torah and God Almighty follows-- "You shall not lie down with a male, as with a woman: this is an ABOMINATION."
The Torah should be made ILLEGAL it is FULL of HATE and HATRED for gays. Gays should lobby for the banning of the Tanach.

Former---Does the Jamaican have a point?

HughBe--- Greetings my atypical intelligent American friend, I always have a point.

Later.
Eric

Palatine, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2014

HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Eric---It's stupid because you are advocating SEPARATE but EQUAL
HughBe----Wisdom is too high for a FOOL.
Are you SEPARATE from your wife?
Are you EQUAL to your wife, Einstein?
Do you want your wife to be called a HUSBAND in order to be EQUAL you?
Go THINK before you open your mouth and talk more BS or HOG S.iT
My wife is absolutely my equal in every way, including under the eyes of the law. Laws in the US are currently drafted to be gender free.

Separate but equal is not pretty. Read some histories on it. Watch some movies about the time.

Did you see "42" last year?

Did you read about Alan Turing, the war hero, who was neutered for being gay, but finally pardoned by the English Queen last year?
Eric

Palatine, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2014

HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Gays should lobby for its ban as it teaches HATRED for their community.
You might ban books in Jamaica but we don't in the US. We also aren't supposed to impose the religious teachings of one group on another.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2014

Eric wrote:
<quoted text>yes
The word homo-PHOBIA is a PERVERSION of PHOBIA.

List all phobias and tell me how many of them do not have an IRRATIONAL FEAR element and then compare that to the title that your community likes to FALSELY attach to people i.e. HOMOPHOBE where is the FEAR that people have of YOU?
Eric

Palatine, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2014

HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
List all phobias and tell me how many of them do not have an IRRATIONAL FEAR element and then compare that to the title that your community likes to FALSELY attach to people i.e. HOMOPHOBE where is the FEAR that people have of YOU?
Merriam Webster Dictionary

pho·bia noun
: an extremely strong DISLIKE or fear of someone or something.[emphasis added]

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/pho...

Notice which one is listed first.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2014

HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
As it was in the days of Sodom so shall it be before the coming of the Son of Man.
Choose you this day whom ye will serve, will you serve your rabbis etc or your Maker?
As for me and my household WE shall serve the Lord.
Hate speech from taken from the Torah and God Almighty follows-- "You shall not lie down with a male, as with a woman: this is an ABOMINATION."
The Torah should be made ILLEGAL it is FULL of HATE and HATRED for gays. Gays should lobby for the banning of the Tanach.
Did you bring your wave offering of barley to the Temple two weeks ago?

Why dont you start with that commandment first

and by the way, the word is not "abomination" - thats a en English interpretation. The word is T'avot

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abomination_ (Bible)
".....The Biblical words usually translated as "abomination" do not always convey the same sense of moral exceptionalism as the English term does today, as it often may signify that which is forbidden or unclean according to the religion (especially sheqets). Linguistically in this case, it may be closer in meaning to the Polynesian term taboo or tapu, signifying that which is forbidden, and should not be eaten, and or not touched, and which sometimes was a capital crime.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2014

Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
Merriam Webster Dictionary
pho·bia noun
: an extremely strong DISLIKE or fear of someone or something.[emphasis added]
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/pho...
Notice which one is listed first.
We have pointed this out to him a few times already. As usual, he willfully chooses to ignore in order to rationalize his bigotry.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2014

I have also pointed out to him the abomination/toavot issue a few times previously as well. Notice the trend?
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2014

Eric wrote:
Let's make sure there is no misunderstanding:
2. You need to understand that the Jews stood by the Blacks/African Americans from the turn of the last century thru the civil rights era and to today. Jews were among the original founders and financiers of the NAACP. Jews died in the south with the Blacks/African Americans in the 1960's. Don't pin the Christian killers actions on us. Since at least the turn of the last century, we were on the side of the Black/African Americans.
Who spoke about JEWS and slavery? I certainly did NOT.

However, now that you mention it are you aware that Jews played a MAJOR role in the slave trade?

Finally although your post was not directed to me given the context you are implying that I spoke about JEWS and slavery and so QUOTE my words where I did that and give post number.

Do NOT come with any deception or perversion just do as you are told.
Eric

Palatine, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2014

Frijoles wrote:
I have also pointed out to him the abomination/toavot issue a few times previously as well. Notice the trend?
As I told him yesterday, it doesn't make any difference how many times he says it. It's still stupid.
Eric

Palatine, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2014

HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Who spoke about JEWS and slavery? I certainly did NOT.
However, now that you mention it are you aware that Jews played a MAJOR role in the slave trade?
Finally although your post was not directed to me given the context you are implying that I spoke about JEWS and slavery and so QUOTE my words where I did that and give post number.
Do NOT come with any deception or perversion just do as you are told.
I am disassociating myself from your allegations.

And, Blacks had an even greater role in the slave trade. However, through each groups subsequent actions I think they have atoned for their mistakes.
former res

Cheshire, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2014

Eric wrote:
<quoted text>Banning the Torah and Tanakh would be illegal. Imposition of its tenets on Gays wouldshould likewise be illegal.
Yeah, I meant more about the latter than the former.

Again, religion spreading love and tolerance.

Though unvarnished bigotry was more acceptable in those days.

Ignorance was probably just as widespread as it is today.

Fox News, most popular news channel.
former res

Cheshire, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2014

HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>....
Former---Does the Jamaican have a point?
HughBe--- Greetings my atypical intelligent American friend, I always have a point.
You mean on your head?

:))

Since: Jan 14

Mumbai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2014

former res wrote:
<quoted text>

I think it's fair to say that nobody gives a shxt.

In fact, you might be the least interesting person I never met.
LOL.

Those with zero capacity for yogic experiences and those with zero intuitional capacity may feel the same way as you do.

Anyway, it doesn't matter.

What do you mean by "interesting" by which I mean what kind of topics/persons would interest you?

Give some details.

Let's see what is interesting to you.

Mumbai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2014

SOME DAYS AGO, I had an encounter with the disembodied conscious energy field of the late CHRISTOPHER HITCHENS. Even as I am typing this line about him, his disembodied psychic has come near me. He is suffering. More details later....

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2014

JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
SOME DAYS AGO, I had an encounter with the disembodied conscious energy field of the late CHRISTOPHER HITCHENS. Even as I am typing this line about him, his disembodied psychic has come near me. He is suffering. More details later....
Look what a person has to invent to get a bit of attention...

Mumbai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2014

Eric wrote:
<quoted text>

My wife is absolutely my equal in every way, including under the eyes of the law.
Is equality a law of nature?

Is your wife your equal in intelligence? in health? in temperament? in personality flaws? in goodness? in linguistic proficiency? and so on?

Equality before the law does not mean that all persons are equal in nature but it means that everyone is judged by the same legal standards and that every person has an equal opportunity to be heard in a court of law - no one is above the man-made laws of the land.

Don't you think that the way legal cases are dealt with by the human judges in a court of law is more subjective than objective as with most things about life?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2014

maybe you should consider doing a comic book

Yoga Adventures

Mumbai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2014

HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>

A phobia is different from an antipathy.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 65,941 - 65,960 of68,359
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Monterey Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Monterey People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••