Messianic Jews say they are persecute...

Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

There are 72025 comments on the Newsday story from Jun 21, 2008, titled Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel. In it, Newsday reports that:

Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

JOEL COOL DUDE

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

#72062 Apr 21, 2014
Now, where's Hugh? Hatching Easter eggs? LOL.
former res

Cheshire, CT

#72063 Apr 21, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
<quoted text>
Sense titillation is harmful as it becomes addictive and lowers the consciousness that gets centered on satisfying its pleasures every now and then, right?
Pleasure is shortlived and volatile and keeps pulling at the mind for a habitual repeat and one type of pleasure leads to some other.
So, by regulating the senses, one should minimize these fits of unregenerate passion.
Standing back a little from life's multiple events even when one lives in the ordinary consciousness is a good exercise that prevents one from becoming easy prey for shocks and pains and sufferings when the senses cannot fulfill their pleasures.
It's better not to become a slave of the senses which leaves little energy and time for pursuing the higher things of life.
It seems you want to see things in black and white. No room for nuance in your thinking?

Previously you agreed that a beautiful sunset could being one pleasure. Or any thing of grace or beauty, correct?

It seems you agreed with the above and in the next breath you want to equate pleasure with hedonism.

"Pleasure describes the broad class of mental states that humans and other animals experience as positive, enjoyable, or worth seeking. It includes more specific mental states such as happiness, entertainment, enjoyment, ecstasy, and euphoria. In psychology, the pleasure principle describes pleasure as a positive feedback mechanism, motivating the organism to recreate in the future the situation which it has just found pleasurable. According to this theory, organisms are similarly motivated to avoid situations that have caused pain in the past."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pleasure

JOEL COOL DUDE

Location hidden

#72064 Apr 21, 2014
SMOOTH SAILING

I will be formally purchasing the property next week and doing the necessary paperwork with the estate lawyers. The estate deal has gone through smoothly. I have issued a cheque during the meeting towards the token amount. The rest of the huge payment will be paid in parts - 60% white money, 40% black money to avoid undue attention from the IT guys. My friends are happy. I am happy. I needed a nice place outside Mumbai to unwind and be in the midst of nature.

JOEL COOL DUDE

Location hidden

#72065 Apr 21, 2014
HUGH,

PLEASE come online as I wish to put a serious question to you on the essence of GOOD FRIDAY and EASTER.

I am not denying these events since I know full well through exposure to yoga that such psychic events are possible in the lives of great yogis.

I want to simply question a core belief of yours to know if you understand the underlying mechanisms or whether you're willing to accept certain mystical features of the same in the case of these 2 events that took place in the life of the Yogi, Jesus..

Thank you.

JOEL COOL DUDE

Location hidden

#72066 Apr 21, 2014
UNCLE FORMER,

How is your mother?

Did you visit her on Easter Day?

How is your father-in-law?
former res

Cheshire, CT

#72067 Apr 21, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
<quoted text>
That's a result of the ordinary state of consciousness.
From the higher states of consciousness, one can perceive quite a lot of the causal chain leading to previous lives.
In this higher (or altered) stated of consciousness, one can also convince himself that he used to be King Tut, or Jesus, or that someone is telling him to go and commit a massacre.

Or that he is the chosen one and his father the God is speaking to him.

But also consider schizophrenia and/or psychosis.

All due respect of course.
former res

Cheshire, CT

#72068 Apr 21, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, Uncle Former.
In the ordinary life, it is better to strive more for happiness by regulating one's thoughts, words, deeds, emotions, senses, relationships and material resources and so if this well-meaning exercise is a well formed habit then one moves more in happier times than in gloom and though gloom may intrude it will not be as often and when it does the person of sense-discipline will not be shattered and will recover in a short time.
This mature move lays the first foundation of detachment in the consciousness of such a sensible person.
I don't like the word "regulate" in connection with out thought and emotions etc but I can't disagree with the gist of your meaning.

Feud would have said the super ego keeping the id in check I believe.
former res

Cheshire, CT

#72069 Apr 21, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
<quoted text>
Reincarnation follows the causal laws and Dr Ian Stevenson and other researchers have done a great job in verifying quite a few cases of rebirth.
With me, my psychic, the core organizing consciousness in my being, has been quite at the forefront since age 4 and so I could easily remember with visual details many minute details of certain past existences that my psychic has been through.........
I would reject all of this out of hand.

I see no evidence.

It's called the "power of suggestion" which a also suggests that you are very suggestible.

Be careful no one takes advantage of you.

There's a guy like you born every minute.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/There 's_a_sucker_born_every_minute

JOEL COOL DUDE

Location hidden

#72070 Apr 21, 2014
former res wrote:
<quoted text>

In this higher (or altered) stated of consciousness
There's nothing like an altered state of consciousness.

An altered state of consciousness would mean that the ordinary state of consciousness has been twisted by some means which is not the case during yogic states.

Even under the influence of psychoactive drugs or under hypnosis the inferior and outwardly projected frontal consciousness which is an admixture of mental, emotional and physical impulses gets aroused by vibrating at a higher rate than the frontal consciousness and comes into direct contact with the subconscious, understand this much?

Now, there exists in the the being a gradation of degrees (or ascending states) of consciousness which can be accessed when the organizing consciousness-force principle in the being called the psychic consciousness awakens due to yogic discipline and enters into trance (of which there incidentally exist 200 or more varieties) and ascends degree by degree to the higher planes under the influence of certain activated mantras or by deep meditation on certain force centers in the CNS or by meditating on those force centers that lie above the head.....

JOEL COOL DUDE

Location hidden

#72071 Apr 21, 2014
former res wrote:
<quoted text>

In this higher (or altered) stated of consciousness, one can also convince himself that he used to be King Tut, or Jesus, or that someone is telling him to go and commit a massacre.

Or that he is the chosen one and his father the God is speaking to him.

But also consider schizophrenia and/or psychosis.

Those instances are either due to possession by discarnate consciousness-force fields who harm the possessed person by draining out his life energies/manipulating his personality or they could be cases of the person's surface consciousness coming into direct contact with his jumbled subconscious.

I have seen many such cases and can directly perceive whether the person is possessed or has come into direct contact with his jumbled subconscious.

The actual verification of rebirth undertaken by certain doctors have involved the case of those persons whose memories of an immediate past life can be verified.

To the inner vision of an advanced yogi everything is laid bare of past and future existences and mind you such a subtle state can be transferred by an advanced yogi to an ordinary person for a short time.

JOEL COOL DUDE

Location hidden

#72072 Apr 21, 2014
former res wrote:
<quoted text>

Feud would have said the super ego keeping the id in check I believe.
LOL.

What is meant by ego?

JOEL COOL DUDE

Location hidden

#72073 Apr 21, 2014
former res wrote:
<quoted text>

I would reject all of this out of hand.

I see no evidence.
If you want direct evidence of the higher phenomena and of the subtler states, enter into the yogic discipline and if you have some inner capacity you will get some direct evidence of the higher planes and a direct vision of past and of future events to the extent that your awakened inner capacity permits.

Instead of simply denying things like a fool who cannot even follow simple logic why not experiment with the yogic discipline and find out for yourself, understand this much?

You are in for a big shock after death when you discover that death is simply a passage from the embodied state of consciousness to a disembodied state.

JOEL COOL DUDE

Location hidden

#72074 Apr 21, 2014
former res wrote:
<quoted text>

I don't like the word "regulate" in connection with out thought and emotions etc but I can't disagree with the gist of your meaning.

LOL.

You're not intelligent.

The correct word to use is "regulate" since it is the indwelling conscious will that does the task of regulating the senses, understand now? LOL

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#72075 Apr 21, 2014
If you want people to respect you enough to communicate with you, you need to approach them respectfully...
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
<quoted text>
...Instead of simply denying things like a fool who cannot even follow simple logic....
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL.
...You're not intelligent.
...understand now? LOL

Location hidden

#72076 Apr 21, 2014
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
Reminds me of the egg cream drink, which contains neither egg nor cream.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Egg_cream
Key to the perfect egg cream is the order of the ingredients....90% of the servers here get it wrong

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#72077 Apr 21, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
SMOOTH SAILING
I will be formally purchasing the property next week and doing the necessary paperwork with the estate lawyers. The estate deal has gone through smoothly. I have issued a cheque during the meeting towards the token amount. The rest of the huge payment will be paid in parts - 60% white money, 40% black money to avoid undue attention from the IT guys. My friends are happy. I am happy. I needed a nice place outside Mumbai to unwind and be in the midst of nature.
We already understood that is a BS.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#72078 Apr 21, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
<quoted text>
Reincarnation follows the causal laws and Dr Ian Stevenson and other researchers have done a great job in verifying quite a few cases of rebirth.
With me, my psychic, the core organizing consciousness in my being, has been quite at the forefront since age 4 and so I could easily remember with visual details many minute details of certain past existences that my psychic has been through.........
Lunatic.

The other day you told us in 'Who is Allah thread' that reincarnation doesn't exist.

I have pointed out to you when you said once you were a disciple of the Nazarene (LOL), and you answered reincarnation doesn't exist like many other mumbo jumbo things in the Vedas.

But then, all this happened when you tried to act as an atheist who follows Science,(although I found you to be a bit clumsy and forced). Later on, you stopped your commedy and re-started to re-believe what you denied.

What is more stupid of all that is the fact you claimed you have some powers that allow you to have visions of your past, but yet you couldn't stop the cycle of deny and affirm the same subject.

JOEL COOL DUDE

Location hidden

#72079 Apr 21, 2014
Frijoles wrote:
If you want people to respect you enough to communicate with you, you need to approach them respectfully...

<quoted text>

<quoted text>
I don't seek respect from anyone on this forum since I'm here to have a no-holds-barred discussion.

If at all I seek respect it will be from someone truly great.

Ok, then.

(smiles)

Location hidden

#72080 Apr 21, 2014
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
Lunatic.
The other day you told us in 'Who is Allah thread' that reincarnation doesn't exist.
I have pointed out to you when you said once you were a disciple of the Nazarene (LOL), and you answered reincarnation doesn't exist like many other mumbo jumbo things in the Vedas.
But then, all this happened when you tried to act as an atheist who follows Science,(although I found you to be a bit clumsy and forced). Later on, you stopped your commedy and re-started to re-believe what you denied.
What is more stupid of all that is the fact you claimed you have some powers that allow you to have visions of your past, but yet you couldn't stop the cycle of deny and affirm the same subject.
chuckle

I had totally forgot about his stint as an atheist

JOEL COOL DUDE

Location hidden

#72081 Apr 21, 2014
HUGH,

Come out, please.

Don't hide behind wifey's skimpy skirt.

She's got sexy legs, huh.

LOL.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monterey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Monterey working to prohibit alcohol, without a... May 25 DNTs 1
Review: Asian Filipino Market (Oct '12) May 20 amadeo urgonamiko 4
News Ask the Auto Doctor (Mar '06) May 16 doug Gifford 1,542
News Redwood City approves highway undercrossing: Pa... May 14 Lives in Redwood ... 2
where can I find heroin in monterey? (Oct '14) May 13 Cdub94 48
Where are the communal showers in Monterey? May 12 billy 1
drugs (Jun '15) May 4 Cdub94 4
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Monterey Mortgages