Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

Full story: Newsday

Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family.
Comments
65,101 - 65,120 of 68,947 Comments Last updated 18 min ago

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

#71948 Apr 20, 2014
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>

I don't get about Eastern philosophy. Its so hyper focused on the self. Belly button gazing at the expense of working with humanity.
Each human being is responsible for his own karma and comes into the world carrying with him the karma of numerous previous rounds of existence in keeping with the causal laws governing the workings of the individual consciousness.

So, each one has to fend for himself where critical parameters of life and growth are concerned.

Others may serve as enablers, goaders or inspirational influences.

So, as said, each one is responsible for his own karma.

Self-realization puts you into direct touch with the whole of existence and makes you one with its source and thereafter if you wish you can work on regenerating the universal force fields or in uplifting those who're ready for the next giant step which is infinitely better than feeding the poor, meeting with fellow-tribalists, reading nonsensical scriptures, killing animals, or giving away clothes to the naked. These acts of charity anyone can do and despite giving away billions to the needy humanity is still not happy nor has the number of poor reduced nor has deaths due to malnutrition or diseases gone down.

To change the terrestrial conditions for the better what is needed is a complete transformation of the terrestrial nature.

Location hidden

#71949 Apr 20, 2014
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>

Honestly, almost any rational person would note the elitist focus of most of that. Look at the language chosen - "unregenerate, ordinary souls, know nothing, above, highest state, etc etc".

None of that offers a basis for morality. There is still no clear moral basis or truth offered for believing that this path is better than my path. Or any path for that matter.
Only an insane character would consider equality the law of nature.

Gradation in terms of the workings of nature and of human capacity is the law in nature.

In the essence everything is one but in the manifestation karma determines who is above and who is below.

Location hidden

#71950 Apr 20, 2014
Unity in variety is the law of nature.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#71951 Apr 20, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
<quoted text>
I did name Patanjali, Kapila and Sukhadeva and said a few other greats have attained to this supreme state.
I always keep the highest aim in mind though I may be capable of taking just a few baby steps towards this loftiest of all aims.
World population is about 7.51 Billion, and only less than a dozen "may" have attained this.

Doesnt seem. to me at least, a viable path for the ordinary to aspire to.

Location hidden

#71952 Apr 20, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
<quoted text>
One soul attaining to the supreme state influences thousands of others and has a positive impact on their force fields which is simply a great thing.
What matters is not feeding the poor or being sweet to others which anyone including stray dogs can do.
Praying to a monster, staying offline once a week, making pilgrimage, head bowing, scripture reading, cultivating tribal affiliations, cutting off the foreskin, sacrificing an animal and the rest are pursuits for degraded human types.
What matters most is what influence does one's lofty spiritual achievements has on the force fields of others which as a result goads others to make the first move in the right direction towards the highest aim.
This is what counts.
But those goals, but own admittance, appear to be anti-social...

How is your program enticing for those who really care about the state of humanity? It is hard to argue that caring for the needy and the poor is not a basic obligation, and I dont anyone on a serious spiritual path that would poo poo that..

"The opposite of love is not hate - its indifference"
- E.Wiesel

Location hidden

#71953 Apr 20, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
<quoted text>
Only an insane character would consider equality the law of nature.
Gradation in terms of the workings of nature and of human capacity is the law in nature.
In the essence everything is one but in the manifestation karma determines who is above and who is below.
Interesting assertions, but please offer a reason why your theory is any better, or more truthy, than any other speculations or musings on the issue....

I

Location hidden

#71954 Apr 20, 2014
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>

Interesting assertions, but please offer a reason why your theory is any better, or more truthy, than any other speculations or musings on the issue....
LOL.

Tell me, in what way is the equality of human beings a valid law of nature.

Location hidden

#71955 Apr 20, 2014
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>

World population is about 7.51 Billion, and only less than a dozen "may" have attained this.

Just a handful of individuals has attained to the supreme state which is not surprising since the vast majority of human beings are no better than animals who live in the unregenerate consciousness and have ordinary aims or in many cases barbaric ideals.

To attain to the supreme state is not possible in one lifetime.

The handful of human beings who've till now attained to the supreme state has accomplished the superlative feat after numerous births with them perfecting a part of themselves in each round until in a particular life they became capable of going the whole way.

Location hidden

#71956 Apr 20, 2014
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>

The ordinary people have to first make a start with emphasis on good karma, right belief, right eugenics, right practice and right environment and then if they sustain the momentum they get better and better in capacity as their consciousness begins evolving to higher degrees and in turn they keep getting born in better and in still better milieu in each round of existence with better carried over instincts from past rounds of existences and better genes and better environments affording them a better field of action of moving several rungs higher up the ladder and so on until in one particular round of existence their consciousness gets so refined that they can attempt the supramental transformation and pave the way for the still higher aim of attaining to the bliss plane and so on until they become capable in mind, emotion, body and subconscious of achieving the supreme state.

Location hidden

#71957 Apr 20, 2014
STAGES OF THE PATH TOWARDS PERFECTION

1) To reach the supreme state of perfection, the first stage that one has to aim at is the subtle physical. Then after this is down the the aim shifts to the lower vita. After this the yoga moves towards the higher vital. Then the mind proper. Then the merger is with the higher mind. Then comes merger in consciousness-force with the illumined mind. Thereafter, union with the intuitive mind. Next, is the union with the overmental planes. If one merges with the planes of the overmental, then, one can make the move to the supramental planes and once this is done the person can aim even higher and rise into the state of the bliss consciousness and so on until the ultimate state of perfection is attained to.

2) At each stage of this Herculean feat, stretched out over numerous lifetimes, one has to rise during waking trance into the higher plane aimed at and unite with it and then the next move is to bring down the unique range of consciousness-force of the plane attained to into the lower planes right down to the gross physical, subconscient and inconscient.

Location hidden

#71959 Apr 20, 2014
Reply2_CIA wrote:
<quoted text>

There has all ways been persecution in Juda / Israel of one kind or another as sects and religions fight down through the ages to have control of Israel and it's most holy sites .
Peace and harmony has never prevailed in the ME.

If the sites are holy then shouldn't peace and harmony and illumination prevail in the region instead of continuing violence, stark ignorance, barbarism, naked racism, illegal occupation, wars, terrorism, false flags, treachery and the like?

Location hidden

#71960 Apr 20, 2014
typo

...HAVE never prevailed

Location hidden

#71961 Apr 20, 2014
Reply2_CIA wrote:
<quoted text>

This ongoing saga will continue and until Jesus Christ returns so says the Holy Bible.
If Jesus was the savior who had come to save humankind why didn't he save humankind by making the world a better place or at the least he should have improved the unregenerate conditions in the region of his birth which he could not do.

Why have things gone from bad to worse in the region of Jesus' birth that today the place resembles a killing field, a plunderer's paradise and a lunatic asylum put together?

When will your Jesus come again?

BTW, are you aware of the fact that Jesus' so-called resurrection from the dead simply involved the cessation of a deep trance with/without OBE?

Location hidden

#71962 Apr 20, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL.
Tell me, in what way is the equality of human beings a valid law of nature.
Its a value to be concerned for your neighbors, not a law.

Its amazing to me that you dont share this concern.

Location hidden

#71963 Apr 20, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
<quoted text>
Just a handful of individuals has attained to the supreme state which is not surprising since the vast majority of human beings are no better than animals who live in the unregenerate consciousness and have ordinary aims or in many cases barbaric ideals.
To attain to the supreme state is not possible in one lifetime.
The handful of human beings who've till now attained to the supreme state has accomplished the superlative feat after numerous births with them perfecting a part of themselves in each round until in a particular life they became capable of going the whole way.
Still doesnt seem a viable path for the ordinary to aspire to. That limits its utility as a path to be promoted.

Location hidden

#71964 Apr 20, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
<quoted text>
The ordinary people have to first make a start with emphasis on good karma, right belief, right eugenics, right practice and right environment and then if they sustain the momentum they get better and better in capacity as their consciousness begins evolving to higher degrees and in turn they keep getting born in better and in still better milieu in each round of existence with better carried over instincts from past rounds of existences and better genes and better environments affording them a better field of action of moving several rungs higher up the ladder and so on until in one particular round of existence their consciousness gets so refined that they can attempt the supramental transformation and pave the way for the still higher aim of attaining to the bliss plane and so on until they become capable in mind, emotion, body and subconscious of achieving the supreme state.
Right eugenics? Do you agree with Nazi ideology?

This is still unproven theory, and you still havent discussed humanitarian benefits. Its seems other wordly. I am still not convinced that my spirituality of crash and burn is any worse, and in fact I still believe my path is more humane.

Location hidden

#71965 Apr 20, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
<quoted text>
Peace and harmony has never prevailed in the ME.
If the sites are holy then shouldn't peace and harmony and illumination prevail in the region instead of continuing violence, stark ignorance, barbarism, naked racism, illegal occupation, wars, terrorism, false flags, treachery and the like?
What you are describing can just as easily be applied to India, or perhaps pretty much anywhere in the world.

Location hidden

#71966 Apr 20, 2014
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>

Its a value to be concerned for your neighbors, not a law.

Its amazing to me that you dont share this concern.
I can't change the causal law at work in my neighbor's life.

All I can do is to offer him some advice if he seeks it or money if he needs it but that would not change anything in his life in a fundamental sense.

Each person is the architect of his own destiny.

Location hidden

#71967 Apr 20, 2014
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>

Right eugenics? Do you agree with Nazi ideology?
By right eugenics I mean avoiding abnormalities like incest/inbreeding and marrying a person of decent personality traits and seeing to it that a prospective spouse's family medical record does not carry mental or physical diseases of a serious nature or that there's no incidence of substance abuse or suicide or homicide in the family tree as far as can be seen since heredity is transmitted to offspring and besides husband and wife should be compatible where temperaments are concerned .

Location hidden

#71968 Apr 20, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
<quoted text>
I can't change the causal law at work in my neighbor's life.
All I can do is to offer him some advice if he seeks it or money if he needs it but that would not change anything in his life in a fundamental sense.
Each person is the architect of his own destiny.
But surely you can work within the system to provide him the same opportunity that you share to improve his economic outlook in the long term, as well as offer emergency assistance to alleviate his lack of food in the short term (I know you contribute to charities). This is all basic human values.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monterey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 2 hr lechezz 4,998
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 6 hr Tank ever 7,926
CA Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 6 hr landluber suck 200,576
First City Festival 2014 Brings Ugly Rock Metal... 13 hr JoeMama 2
Suri Cruise's dog is missing in Los Angeles 15 hr Money 1
Mills brothers face new lawsuits over loans (Nov '08) Tue Plain Simple 16
MONTEREY HERALD LOSS monterey bay, monterey cit... Aug 26 roensoledad 2
•••
•••
•••

Monterey Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••